What if Hillary won the election???

"
I didn't know he already ran. I just have him on my short list of "Democrats who I actually nod along to when I hear them talk on news shows."

Yeah, he ran when Obama ran the first time I want to say? He didn't get far; if you blinked you would have missed him. I met Kucinich and found him to be very intelligent and interestingly did not give off the creepy ambience that most politicos do. I thought he was pretty much finished when he defended Libya in the face of all the hawks and crazy Hillary in 2011. Perhaps he could make a comeback? Not sure. I would not bet money on it, but stranger things have happened. He has MANY enemies in DC.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Feb 20, 2017, 3:21:18 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
I didn't know he already ran. I just have him on my short list of "Democrats who I actually nod along to when I hear them talk on news shows."

Yeah, he ran when Obama ran the first time I want to say? He didn't get far; if you blinked you would have missed him. I met Kucinich and found him to be very intelligent and interestingly did not give off the creepy ambience that most politicos do. I thought he was pretty much finished when he defended Libya in the face of all the hawks and crazy Hillary in 2011. Perhaps he could make a comeback? Not sure. I would not bet money on it, but stranger things have happened. He has MANY enemies in DC.

Tulsi Gabbard semi officially announced on her Twitter that she will run in 2020. So there is hope. America deserves a competent president in the white house, no matter the gender.

I hope Tulsi can get the democrats behind her but given she is anti terrorism and anti overthrowing Assad she has low chances of that happening.

Independents dont win elections so that is out of the question. Maybe she can pull a Trump and steal the election.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Independents dont win elections so that is out of the question.

Ross Perot came pretty damn close! Outside of presidencies, independents can and do win seats as well.

It's been a damn long time since all the parties reinvented themselves. I was somewhat sure that this year would be the year what with Trump and Sanders being outside traditional party lines. Maybe 2020 can finally turn this political wheel.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Independents dont win elections so that is out of the question.

Ross Perot came pretty damn close! Outside of presidencies, independents can and do win seats as well.

It's been a damn long time since all the parties reinvented themselves. I was somewhat sure that this year would be the year what with Trump and Sanders being outside traditional party lines. Maybe 2020 can finally turn this political wheel.

I hope in the future that may be the case but i doubt 2020 will be that year. I hope Hillary doesnt interfere in some way, that would be shit, especially if she attacks either any democratic candidate or the GOP. And Tulsi is against what Hillary and Obama support, regime change in Syria and terrorism as a whole.

The second best would be Elizabeth Warren and maybe Bernie can get another shot but both of them might still support terrorism. But they would be great for america.

Right now everything hinges on 2018 and 2020. America needs to get back on track, and the GOP needs to feel the pain in future elections.

"
I hope in the future that may be the case but i doubt 2020 will be that year

I agree.

Personally I think Bernie is off the list due to age and the fact that the left here widely sees him now as a wimp that did not stand up to HRC and they are fuming and blaming Bernie now every time Trump farts rather than her for her dishonesty.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Feb 20, 2017, 4:15:32 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"
I hope in the future that may be the case but i doubt 2020 will be that year

I agree.

Personally I think Bernie is off the list due to age and the fact that the left here widely sees him now as a wimp that did not stand up to HRC and they are fuming and blaming Bernie now every time Trump farts rather than her for her dishonesty.

Trump is nearly as old as Bernie so the age thing is out. But youre right, his chances to win the democratic race are low. he would crush and republican candidate tho.
Like I've said many times, Democrats need new blood, People are done with the clintons. They are mad at Obama, his legacy is not as good as the medias seems to chant. Bernie who is probalby their most popular candidate lost a big chunk of his credibility by standing side by side with everything he swore to fight against, not to mention his age.

New blood is the thing.
"
diablofdb wrote:
Like I've said many times, Democrats need new blood, People are done with the clintons. They are mad at Obama, his legacy is not as good as the medias seems to chant. Bernie who is probalby their most popular candidate lost a big chunk of his credibility by standing side by side with everything he swore to fight against, not to mention his age.

New blood is the thing.

Bernie is 5 years older than Trump...
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

New blood is the thing.

He will be 80 by the time of the next election still, would be not surprising to see him taking it off before.

On a personal level I seriously hope he would try to run again, He's currently the only candidate that I respect on the democrats side. He's a straight shooter and it's something that's rare in the current political world.

But I doubt he will try...
Last edited by diablofdb on Feb 20, 2017, 5:33:47 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

New blood is the thing.

He will be 80 by the time of the next election still, would be not surprising to see him taking it off before.

On a personal level I seriously hope he would try to run again, He's currently the only candidate that I respect on the democrats side. He's a straight shooter and it's something that's rare in the current political world.

But I doubt he will try...

People are literally begging him to try again and im sure they would still vote in massive numbers for him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info