What if Hillary won the election???

To me it would matter more how hillary won vs whether she actually won.

For example if she just barely eked out a victory over trump and the house and senate still got swept by the GoP then we would still have a very strong 'trump' movement, whatever form it would've taken after she'd won, and the republican majority would make damn sure she would be an ineffectual one term president.

If it went the other way with her winning in a land slide like it looked early on election night with the dems having a stronger showing in congress then the doomsdayers talking about how the GoP has lost it's way and the trumpers are a cancerous sect that needs to be eradicated would've be right and hillary would have a much stronger impact during her first term likely resulting in a second with the GoP trying to rebuild its brand.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Feb 19, 2017, 10:24:19 AM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
To me it would matter more how hillary won vs whether she actually won.

For example if she just barely eked out a victory over trump and the house and senate still got swept by the GoP then we would still have a very strong 'trump' movement, whatever form it would've taken after she'd won, and the republican majority would make damn sure she would be an ineffectual one term president.

If it went the other way with her winning in a land slide like it looked early on election night with the dems having a stronger showing in congress then the doomsdayers talking about how the GoP has lost it's way and the trumpers are a cancerous sect that needs to be eradicated would've be right and hillary would have a much stronger impact during her first term likely resulting in a second with the GoP trying to rebuild its brand.

Dont forget more bombs in Syria and potential war with Iran.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/240797-syria-moderate-voices-peace-stability/

Article about the truth on Syria. Hillary would have made things even worse.

Now how honest are Trump supporters? Dare they say anything bad about their supreme leader?
I don't see any connection between that article and Trump. Non sequitur.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
I hope Tulsi Gabbard runs in 2020 and while her chances are slim, i hope she wins. She wants a anti terrorist funding and arming act.
I like her too. So far, anyway. One of the better (D)s. I don't think she's ready for the big job, though; I'd focus more on Kucinich.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Now how honest are Trump supporters? Dare they say anything bad about their supreme leader?
I don't see any connection between that article and Trump. Non sequitur.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
I hope Tulsi Gabbard runs in 2020 and while her chances are slim, i hope she wins. She wants a anti terrorist funding and arming act.
I like her too. So far, anyway. One of the better (D)s. I don't think she's ready for the big job, though; I'd focus more on Kucinich.

Elizabeth Warren should run. She basically got a free shot since the GOP tried to quiet her and it backfired.

I have no idea what foreign policy she would pursue tho and to me that matters as much as domestic policies.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
I have no idea what foreign policy she would pursue tho and to me that matters as much as domestic policies.
My impression (which you may disagree with, after research) is that she provides token resistance to war, not because she really is against it but because it wins certain votes. She's creepily cozy with the hawkish Dems, but has a solid anti-war vote record. Overall, she gives me this Bernie kind of feel; she'd say some words, but when push comes to shove I think she'd cave to neocons in the Democratic Party if they held significant influence.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 19, 2017, 12:57:08 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
My impression (which you may disagree with, after research) is that she provides token resistance to war, not because she really is against it but because it wins certain votes. She's creepily cozy with the hawkish Dems, but has a solid anti-war vote record. Overall, she gives me this Bernie kind of feel; she'd say some words, but when push comes to shove I think she'd cave to neocons in the Democratic Party if they held significant influence.

At this point anything is better than Trump and Hillary better not dare to run again.
"
sarahaustin wrote:

That Trump is arrogant, rude and dismissive? That he is sometimes wrong, and makes many decisions far too quickly? That's not the extent of his foibles, but one thing I don't think anyone can say with a straight face is that Trump tried to hide who he is and how he acts.

The Trump we see now, is exactly what most people who voted for him saw. If he were quite different after the election, then you would see a lot more complaints.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Elizabeth Warren should run.

This would be an easy Trump 2020 victory, I feel.
Warren spent a lot of capital backing HRC and is a little too easy to smear.

---

Tulsi is looking better every day.

Kucinich... wow, haven't heard that name in presidential context in a while! He's my favorite anti-war democrat by far, but that isn't the big hot-button issue du jour (despite being my #1 voting metric).

If you were so inclined, you could probably find old pictures of me campaigning for him in 2004, hah.
Last edited by pneuma on Feb 20, 2017, 1:31:21 AM
"
pneuma wrote:
Kucinich... wow, haven't heard that name in presidential context in a while! He's my favorite anti-war democrat by far, but that isn't the big hot-button issue du jour (despite being my #1 voting metric).

If you were so inclined, you could probably find old pictures of me campaigning for him in 2004, hah.
I didn't know he already ran. I just have him on my short list of "Democrats who I actually nod along to when I hear them talk on news shows." He hasn't fallen for whatever it is that's plaguing the Dems these days. Good choice on your part in 2004; stood the test of time.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 20, 2017, 1:41:30 AM
US would be at war with some new north african country. Killary love to kill muslims babies.

Also SJW would create the third Reich of america and burn all the books who don t agree with them.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 20, 2017, 7:51:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info