[2.6 Gladiator] Shattering riches [Glacial Hammer Block MagicFind][Build in progress]

I'm just adding my findings here since we are trying to make Glacial hammer work right? Adding any MF unique is np if the general build idea is working.

I nearly finished my tests on the Glacial Hammer Inquisitor with Trypannon and Marylenes (check my non season Inquisitor).

Build idea: http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAPMVAAB3AO4EswthE8wUIBUgFm8XLxhdGbQaOBpsJKonLylPKk0s6S2DMfsyiTWSNuk62DrhPAU8LT38PydHfkqYSshP81BHVdZYY18_YGVk52VNZ5to8mn-bqp35YCkgpuDX4PMhNmGs4uMjM-QVZRcmjubWJ_fogCt8a4-r2y18rc-vTa-p8Bmxq7MZti942rkIuRR7Djsy-8O73zwH_H-8kX2SPnd-tL-CtrBLlPTb3TtBS1DMcMzWhpM_2qThXtmVKZXTeP-j3rvR-Ii4qQ5cmxsRjIJiq-QEXvDeA3AGm87ApaSbrxW0nztYZx7qLkMUgAAAAAA

The problem with this build is the attackspeed. The weapon is so fucking slow that it is a pain to play with with GH. It is sort of working with EQ though. Using Southbound and GH on the 100% crit Inquisitor is np. You kill any mob that reaches 30% health because you frezze/ignite/shock with every hit. But imo you swing way to slowly to make it worthwhile imo. I will try things to get around the attack speed problem tonight. Imo Multistrike and Faster Attacks are a must when trying to get GH work with Trypannon. The good thing about the Trypannon version is that you only need 1 GH splash jewel because you do damage via WED and not via GH. You only use GH to destroy any mob hitting 30% since you freeze/shock/ignite on every hit. What is really intriguing on the Inquisitor build is the 100% frezze and enemy elemental resistances = 0.

*edit*
I tested Glacial Hammer with Multistrike and Faster Attacks. I really like what I see. Links would be: GH - WED - FA - MS - Added Lightning - Added Cold

@dawe45
On your MF build you will have super low movement speed. This is no problem if you combat that with Whirling Blades and high attack speed. Only possible though if you have a sword/claw/dagger aka Southpaw. Otherwise you need Leap Slam. If you really want that MF thing you could dual wield Cameria's Maul for 80% more rarity. Not sure if all that rarity really makes sense though since it has Dimishing returns: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rarity

The more rarity you have the more rarity you need for the same amount of gain.

going from 0% to +100% rarity = 1x -> 2x = 2x more rare drops, 2x more rare drops overall
going from +100% to +200% rarity = 2x -> 3x = 1.5x more rare drops, 3x more rare drops overall
going from +200% to +300% rarity = 3x -> 4x = 1.33x more rare drops, 4x more rare drops overall
going from +300% to +400% rarity = 4x -> 5x = 1.25x more rare drops, 5x more rare drops overall

To get the same amount of gain after +100% rarity you would need to go from 100% to 300% rarity.

Last edited by zorker on Feb 24, 2017, 1:03:58 PM
"
"
The more rarity you have the more rarity you need for the same amount of gain.

going from 0% to +100% rarity = 1x -> 2x = 2x more rare drops, 2x more rare drops overall
going from +100% to +200% rarity = 2x -> 3x = 1.5x more rare drops, 3x more rare drops overall
going from +200% to +300% rarity = 3x -> 4x = 1.33x more rare drops, 4x more rare drops overall
going from +300% to +400% rarity = 4x -> 5x = 1.25x more rare drops, 5x more rare drops overall

To get the same amount of gain after +100% rarity you would need to go from 100% to 300% rarity.

I never knew about this. That's why mf in this game is so crap ? They force us to play in party...

Yea, it sucks. But it is kinda fair towards those who cannot obtain gear with perfect MF mods. That is why you dont need to fill every slot with some unique that is making you vulnerable in endgame.
I just watched this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGvN5zTBTw

With the new threshhold jewel GH might get a hidden AoE tag (because of splash).

That should allow use to use: GH - WeaponElemental - MeleePhys - Concentrated Effect - Hypothermia - Faster Attacks/MultiStrike

This should mean that area damage modifiers will affect GH aswell.
Last edited by zorker on Feb 25, 2017, 3:20:25 PM
"
zorker wrote:
I just watched this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqGvN5zTBTw

With the new threshhold jewel GH might get a hidden AoE tag (because of splash).

That should allow use to use: GH - WeaponElemental - MeleePhys - Concentrated Effect - Hypothermia - Faster Attacks/MultiStrike

This should mean that area damage modifiers will affect GH aswell.

Well yea but this will help with single-target only, spread will be much lower than it is with regular melee splash, also melee splash range will be decreased into oblivion, approximately to a size of base AoE of Vortex.

Just hope changes for AoE 2.6 will be beneficial for GH.
Last edited by dawe45 on Feb 27, 2017, 4:11:09 PM
"

I don't see how it can be fair. Someone investing in mf, with rarity on all pieces and some uniques giving quantity, with 50% less dps, 50% less clear speed and 25% less hp will not drop more stuff than someone using a op build with the gem item rarity... That's completely bs.

mf gear/build is supposed to cost a lot, and pay back on the long run... If a player don't play enough to be able to buy gear with high mf on it, this is not our problem...

Mf is something I miss a lot in path of exile. I usually make and often play only with my mf character in this kind of game and farm bosses, like in diablo 2... I mean, I some time feel xping, i go farm, some other time I want money, so I farm bosses... In path of exile its always junk uniques worth only to vendor, put an item on sell and pray to sell it, 99.9% of all yellow are junks too. In diablo 2 we only had to solo the bosses and the more you played, the more you dropped items you needed. In path of exile its completely random. Someone playing 5 hours a week can be more rich than someone playing 40 hours a week.

Yea, but increasing price of these MF items in this state of the game is basically deleting it for the 2/3 of the challenge league. People will just choose high-speed clearing builds that can produce much more wealth by simply rolling dice 50x often than MF build. This type of build should be easy to start but it should not force you to sacrifice every piece of offense/defense to be profitable.
Last edited by dawe45 on Feb 27, 2017, 4:06:29 PM
What now with this build after patch notes?
"
RolandMalick wrote:
What now with this build after patch notes?

I will put link to passive tree once the skill tree on page gets updated.

Allocating more points in ranger area and less (or nothing) in templar area.

Probably dropping 1 Lethargy jewel because of conversion nodes. If this splash stacks (and that is really small chance), then GGG fucked up xD

Endgame weapon goal is still Doryani´s Catalyst. But Cameria will be used till i have enough currency.

Maybe using Southbound gloves if damage will not be enough.

One of options for amulet is Anvil to cap block chance.

EDIT: Curious how jewel and melee splash would interact, if it stacks, then This is a buff.

EDIT 2: Nvm, realized it will create AoE tag on glacial hammer so melee splash will not work.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 2, 2017, 12:23:49 PM
For those after dps instead of MF, a forgotten item that no one uses yet it has great synergy with The Pandemonius.

100k dps on GH with 2 x 1c weapon. Ditch the doryani catalyst it has less dps in most situations.

Reveal

The pandemonius in my opinion is an OP amulet, both offensive and defensive all in amulet. Tried with high weapon elemental damage plus high added cold damage to attack amulet, its no where as good as this, but of course start of the league will be hard to get this amulet, hence why the frostbreath is awesome cheap 1c weapon from level 50. The double damage mod apply when enemy frozen, since frozen is chill as well, so you don't need to rely on the pandemonius chill effect. Even you dont have high freeze chance, an aquamarine flask solve the problem during boss fight (unless the boss can't be chill, then in that case doryani has its advantage).

Also strange no one mention or try the cold steel jewel. One that coverts phys to cold damage. Especially on the mace wheel and half of the strong arm wheel. That's a whopping 214% cold damage. Scaling cold than phys seen to be better when running HoI instead of Hatred, ontop with Blasphemy with frostbite, it has total 65% cold penetration with -44 cold resist to enemy. Since I dont run hatred, I can run with Arctic Armour as most the attack is stationary during boss fight.

With 2.6 patch, can't wait to drop the melee splash for melee phys or fortify. Also small dps buff on mace item.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on Mar 3, 2017, 6:36:46 AM
Thank you Ukanta, i did not know about that weapon. I am gonna use it for leveling.

Unfortunately i dont think i can run pandemonius since i will need life wherever i can get.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 4, 2017, 2:05:06 PM
Progress updated.

Got a few heart attacks with breaches but still alive.
Last edited by dawe45 on Mar 5, 2017, 6:14:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info