Them new threshold jewels!

Maybe I'll actually do a glacial hammer build. Inquisitor most likely. Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Hmmm another point of interest.

I wonder if we get new animations with these jewels?

Probably not, but in the ring of blades example, it's going to look pretty weird throwing out knives and having them fly out in a 360 arc. It would be amazing if the character spinned while throwing but i'm probably expecting beyond what's reasonable with that.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 17, 2017, 8:22:39 AM
"
Boem wrote:
Hmmm another point of interest.

I wonder if we get new animations with these jewels?

Probably not, but in the ring of blades example, it's going to look pretty weird throwing out knives and having them fly out in a 360 arc. It would be amazing if the character spinned while throwing but i'm probably expecting beyond what's reasonable with that.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo

I think we might actually get a somewhat new animation for glacial hammer. Maybe something close to what chatters does. I actually wanted to make a glacial hammer build for quite a while now xD this will be my chance!
Maybe with the cheap 1 alc unique frostbreath... could be interesting.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Zombie Jewel is great QoL for a Thriller-mancer's might bring back Monty's Grip to end-game.

The Glacial Hammer Jewel actually reminds me of my Recent Suggestion for a New Threshold Jewel/Rework for Glacial Hammer. :)

That EK Nova Jewel seems great as well. I remember nearly ripping 2-3 times in Jungle Valley since EK was limited to specific directions.

i am not convinced that the zombie jewel is where it needs to be

frankly we dont know how often zombies use their slam as is .. if its like once every 2 seconds than this is great value because a few of them will probably be good enough to remove melee splash.

if it is every 5 seconds then there is no point since you would need like 6 of them ...

we also need to consider that these jewels do not have minion life on them . and zombies are the minion you need minion life on these days.. they are in that annoying sweetzone where they arent tanky enough to not give a fuck like golems while being melee and therefore needing hp out the ass

2 jewels would be 20 - 24% minion life gone .. not huge
4 ? 40 - 48% or basically a minion life gem worth
6? 60 -72% or basically more than a 20/20 minion life gem.

just something to consider
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 17, 2017, 8:39:01 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Limited to: 2.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Zombie Jewel is great QoL for a Thriller-mancer's might bring back Monty's Grip to end-game.

The Glacial Hammer Jewel actually reminds me of my Recent Suggestion for a New Threshold Jewel/Rework for Glacial Hammer. :)

That EK Nova Jewel seems great as well. I remember nearly ripping 2-3 times in Jungle Valley since EK was limited to specific directions.

i am not convinced that the zombie jewel is where it needs to be

frankly we dont know how often zombies use their slam as is .. if its like once every 2 seconds than this is great value because a few of them will probably be good enough to remove melee splash.

if it is every 5 seconds then there is no point since you would need like 6 of them ...

we also need to consider that these jewels do not have minion life on them . and zombies are the minion you need minion life on these days.. they are in that annoying sweetzone where they arent tanky enough to not give a fuck like golems while being melee and therefore needing hp out the ass

just something to consider

Zombies die regardless of how much life you give them, if you want them to survive you pretty much have to give them block from your own shield + offering. I run zombies every league and I think these jewels look pretty strong they slam every few seconds so halving the cooldown is relevant if you genuinely go zombie summoner. They were great with the poison sword this league too you could really pump some dps out of them. The spectre soul eater gem is absolutely hilarious in breaches too incase nobodys tried that one you can get a knitted horror with 20 APS lol

However as this jewel has appeared i'm secretly hoping for a buff to monte-negruls grasp which is gutted by its negatives currently (and would fit with the new jewel), doing far less damage and having slightly more health isn't that useful, especially when as a meatshield you want as many as possible.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Feb 17, 2017, 9:19:22 AM
Well you dont need neco aegis to make tanky zombies . i use queens and femurs for my zombie builds anyway.

the issue is if these jewels will be enough to drop melee splash which is realistically what they have to do . if they dont then we will still be using melee splash and if we are still using melee splash then why are we using these jewels?

plus there is the awkward interactions with multistrike.

zombies dont have many good scaling gems as is for single target and their current switchy combo is splash and multi strike
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 17, 2017, 9:46:38 AM
where can i find the new jewels anyway? i seem to have missed the original announcement and i've basically been pulling my hair out trying to see the glory
Welcome to Wraeclast... Well what are you waiting for?
Time To WRECK SHIT

flame totem - knockback + max dodge chance = NANANANANANANA CANT TOUCH THIS
"
gigaomega101 wrote:
where can i find the new jewels anyway? i seem to have missed the original announcement and i've basically been pulling my hair out trying to see the glory

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1834597

under Additional New Content...
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Give some love to ball lightning :c

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info