GGG, could you tell us what is going on with the Nazi-reference in act 5?

"
Mythabril wrote:
OMG!
NAZIS!
AAAAAAHHHHH!!!
TRIGGERED !

Low hanging fruit concern trolling right there.

yeah people have nothing more important to bother about
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
wheres the fucking nazi reference in act 5?

wtf

I look in google for red flag black symbol

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=red+flag+black+symbol&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjHpuGTrJXSAhUK5iYKHax9B3MQsAQIJw

the world dont give a shit for this

GGG ignore all this shit and close this thread, thanks
The end of all that is - The winter has come - Hold the door - The North Remembers
I hope you have a good life on the other side of the wall
“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen. James Mad Dog Mattis
"
wheres the fucking nazi reference in act 5?

wtf

I look in google for red flag black symbol

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=red+flag+black+symbol&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwjHpuGTrJXSAhUK5iYKHax9B3MQsAQIJw

the world dont give a shit for this

GGG ignore all this shit and close this thread, thanks

Dont need to go that far. The video which is very well made draws inspiration from Roman imperium with some fantasy elements, they had a red flag and eagle as a symbol. OP is either a troll or clueless. I want my 5 minutes back that i wasted reading his nonsense.
Last edited by e1iphas on Feb 16, 2017, 10:44:48 PM
If someone were to tell me: "Draw a soldier from an evil army/regime that has now seized power over a region"...

Generically my drawing would most likely be of a naziesque soldier with red armbands, etc. It is the image I have grown up with as the universal sign of "These guys are bad and authoritarian individuals who are probably eslaving those around them...They are bad and you should try and defeat them".

I don't think that GGG using strong symbolism that many people of the world can instantly relate to as "bad guys" isn't a bad design decision.

Whether they fit in the lore of the story or not is to be seen.

Still unsure if this is a "big deal" to OP or just interesting musings...
Holy exalted orbs the RAGE over a freaking armband...

Like seriously, I read the post (and a few after it) and this is just stupid. EVERYTHING has been done before. I mean, the Nazis ripped off soooo many cultures and the swastika isn't there own, the colors are not their own, the ideas are not their own. People point out all the various people that use these colors and whatnot and you are stuck... on a freaking armband.

The nazis are not the owners of red armbands. They are not the owners of swastikas.

The fact that people are STILL buthurt about stuff like this blows my mind. The fact that something that, kind of sorta... if you squint, resembles a terrible group of people that existed quite a few wars ago bothers you, is weird.

I guess I will have to buy a one way ticket to hell with your lives
"
the Nazis ripped off soooo many cultures

Yeah, nothing about the Third Reich is original, not even the concept of a Frankenstein's Monster.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
This is weird. I don't personally agree with the original poster's suggestion that the connection is unequivocal, but he was fairly amicable and reasonable in his explanation (as well as his solicitation of criticism).

Reading the comments, however, I'm seeing a lot of people losing their shit about HIS exaggerated response. Doesn't that strike you as just a tad hypocritical?
I mean, how do you flip out at someone for saying something you don't like, and accuse them of needing a safe space or being triggered?

Project much?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
AeshMezareph wrote:
(probably)GGG, could you tell us what is going on with the Nazi-reference in act 5?

It's obvious, isn't it. The Oriath system is facist one, that's why you fight to defeat it. Sorry bro no need for people like you that want to save the earth from nazi-propaganda because there is none!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
morbo wrote:
Agreed, it's a too much obvious RL reference.

I swear I saw also a "nazi eagle" on some of the 3.0 media. Lazy copy-paste.

E:
Spoiler

meh, I find it lazy and immersion breaking. That's all. At least the armbands should go, imo.

Wtf, they used like the same exact eagle/bird but with a different logo?
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info