[2.6] NOT HoWa Claws / Lightning Strike 300k+ ToolTip / 74|50 Dodge / SUPER Cheap / starter friendly

Thx for the quick reply. I wwas thinking going for something like WS-Weap. elem dmg- added cold dmg- multi- faster attacks- melee phys dmg.
"
iwantp1e wrote:
Thx for the quick reply. I wwas thinking going for something like WS-Weap. elem dmg- added cold dmg- multi- faster attacks- melee phys dmg.

Those links seem good but added cold can probably be replaced by added fire damage. Since the build does a ton of physical damage before conversion, added fire would scale off of that which I think will be more than the flat damage provided by the added cold gem.
ign - happycabbaged
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2918696
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2920423
This build looks awesome and I'm going to give it a shot. Can you please add a section for links? I know you have the gems in your gear but it would be nice to see the list of links and what order to put them in if you have a 4,5, or 6 link.

Also can you tell me what gem set ups I should be using to level up? Thanks!
No more tabula:

Found one with perfect sockets and high HP (eva sucks). But it's free. Also they have no value on the market anyway (only 7-8 chaos because of the divine value). It seems that a certain league-stone that has rogue exiles + corrupted items has a VERY high chance of dropping corrupted 6L items. This exile dropped 2 6L armours at once and found 1 more in same map...

Oh and parties don't like me :D. L-strike was never popular in parties.

Also I took vaal pact because in higher level maps (especially with a wall of mods) you need instant leech. Even healing fully in 1/10th of a second is not fast enough you want it instantly. Especially vs double beyond maps (Some hit for ~4500 PER hit).
Last edited by silverdash on Mar 9, 2017, 5:22:41 PM
"
This build looks awesome and I'm going to give it a shot. Can you please add a section for links? I know you have the gems in your gear but it would be nice to see the list of links and what order to put them in if you have a 4,5, or 6 link.

Updated, hopefully that helps! I leveled up using a 4L setup: Lightning Strike, Physical to Lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage, and MultiStrike. The 5th gem should be lightning penetration and 6th is up to you.

I switched Lightning Strike for Frost Blades around level 50 I think. Frost Blades seems to be a better leveling skill but after hitting level 68, you can switch back to Lightning Strike. It's much more reliable once you get the +2 chaining from the claws.
ign - happycabbaged
"
silverdash wrote:
No more tabula:

Found one with perfect sockets and high HP (eva sucks). But it's free. Also they have no value on the market anyway (only 7-8 chaos because of the divine value). It seems that a certain league-stone that has rogue exiles + corrupted items has a VERY high chance of dropping corrupted 6L items. This exile dropped 2 6L armours at once and found 1 more in same map...

Oh and parties don't like me :D. L-strike was never popular in parties.

Also I took vaal pact because in higher level maps (especially with a wall of mods) you need instant leech. Even healing fully in 1/10th of a second is not fast enough you want it instantly. Especially vs double beyond maps (Some hit for ~4500 PER hit).

Awesome find, I didn't know that thanks for sharing! Haha yeah, that's one of the main problems with Lightning Strike but Frost Blades isn't so bad either after the buff. I actually had Vaal Pact initially but didn't find myself needing it too much since the high dodge gives you some room to heal up. The increased life leech nodes from the tree combined with the 46 life gain on hit/fast attack speed is quite reliable already but VP is a solid choice if you are willing to spare a few points.
ign - happycabbaged
"
happycabbaged wrote:
"

Updated, hopefully that helps! I leveled up using a 4L setup: Lightning Strike, Physical to Lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage, and MultiStrike. The 5th gem should be lightning penetration and 6th is up to you.

I switched Lightning Strike for Frost Blades around level 50 I think. Frost Blades seems to be a better leveling skill but after hitting level 68, you can switch back to Lightning Strike. It's much more reliable once you get the +2 chaining from the claws.

Great job on adding a gem section. I'm sure it will help out other players interested in your build! The setup I've been using is Lightning Strike, Physical to Lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage and Melee Splash. It's been getting the job done. Will add switch in MultiStrike when I hit act 4.

I just bought two level 24 weapons with very high dps. Leveling is a piece of cake! Curious to see how it will get at higher levels. :)
"
-Faster Attacks or Melee Physical Damage or Increased Critical Strikes/Elemental Focus

So:
- Faster attacks is best for AOE clear.
- Melee phys damage is best for bosses.
- Elemental focus is good for 'anti-crit-maps'. BUT switching it out means a different socket color so unless you still run Tabula, this is simply not gonna happen.
- Increased Crit Strikes: only to refill faster... Meh doesn't feel viable unless you are in dire need of flask charges vs some boss but the most important flasks don't refill anyway with crits so imo this gem is really meh. On top of that the main problem with high-end bosses is that they can sometimes 1-hit you.

Imo since our clear is MORE than sufficient (even in high end maps it's more than plenty) Melee Phys Damage is the best gem. Especially because this build has not exactly any kind of 'uber-singletarget-damage' AND is a life build. And life builds can be one-hit so you want to kill anything dangerous ASAP. I don't have taste of hate to mitigate damage but you can't keep it up against tough bosses anyway.

- I got 1hit by an invasion boss that got the crit tempest (-.-) and shot at my golem (I was almost a screen away from it) and hit me by accident and killed me outright.
- Another one where I killed the mapboss, but his death spawned that pirate treasure + beyonds and that chest caused a 1 second lag which was enough for the beyonds to get 2 hits on me (2 hits from those mobs w/o full heal in between = dead in endgame maps).
- I even once got killed by a double Piety with really nasty mods. Even with vaalpact I just die I can't outheal it.

Note that you CAN facetank Beyond bosses like Haast. But some bosses/mobs are just too much and usually involves terrible map mods. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880471878

Also my golem dies EVERYWHERE on highend maps with walls of mods (sextants). Every pack of mobs the golem dies. 20q golem does not help either. So perhaps I should just link it to a lvl20 CWDT? Because I can't recast it during combat (if I stop attacking my leech stops and thus I could die in less than a second) and so I miss it's buff :(
GGG should make golems MUCH thougher in high-end maps or make it scale with map level + map iiq or allow some kind of "passive mode" for it so it won't go to mobs and try to attack them but instead stay close or behind me.

2 double 6L drop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880472385

And god you need a good PC for this build and often the server can not keep up itself with the network data. When you get that sextant mod that spawns a ton of convertable totems + several beyond packs and you start chaining into them and got forbid it there is a shrine next to it... RIP server.

P.S.
Due to not having 6L L-coil I run Arctic Armour of course and my chest armor gives me 300 EHP on top of that which pretty much equals an L-coil. Gives me ~16% more EHP vs physical (and fire). Perhaps by properly doing the math it could in fact even be better than an L-coil? An L-coil goes up to ~36ish% EHP I believe but depends on incomming damage, armour and other numbers and it can even cause MORE damage taken.
Last edited by silverdash on Mar 10, 2017, 3:50:46 PM
"
happycabbaged wrote:
"

I had a computer that was too crappy to do LS before (fx series) but now that I'm on something better I wanted to give it a try again. As far as the leveling goes, a 20q LS gem is 2 c atm, and you can go two Ewar's Mirage at 26. This give you an extra proj and a chain for free, and then it's EZ street probably until you can use the claws.

It's working well for me so far!
"
silverdash wrote:

- Elemental focus is good for 'anti-crit-maps'. BUT switching it out means a different socket color so unless you still run Tabula, this is simply not gonna happen.
- Increased Crit Strikes: only to refill faster... Meh doesn't feel viable unless you are in dire need of flask charges vs some boss but the most important flasks don't refill anyway with crits so imo this gem is really meh. On top of that the main problem with high-end bosses is that they can sometimes 1-hit you.

Maybe it wasn't too clear the way I written it but Increased Crit Strikes almost provides the same dps as faster attacks I believe, but gives up attack speed for more consistent crits (if your fps is low, crit strikes might be better for you). While you lose the lgoh effectiveness, you can still make up for it with flasks for better sustain. Elemental Focus is the replacement gem only for Increased Crit Strikes in certain map mods, not the build in general.

"
silverdash wrote:
Imo since our clear is MORE than sufficient (even in high end maps it's more than plenty) Melee Phys Damage is the best gem.

Definitely agree with you here. Because the +2 chaining comes for free without any reduced damage, it already triples your damage output if all the projectiles hit, so mobs aren't really a problem. Single targets usually take more time which MPD a better choice for higher level maps I would think.

"
silverdash wrote:
Due to not having 6L L-coil I run Arctic Armour of course and my chest armor gives me 300 EHP on top of that which pretty much equals an L-coil. Gives me ~16% more EHP vs physical (and fire). Perhaps by properly doing the math it could in fact even be better than an L-coil?

A regular Lightning Coil grants 23.7% phys damage reduction with a level 20 purity of lightning. With a legacy one, you get 31.6% damage reduction. If you had 5.5k life, the legacy one would put you at 8k effective hp against physical damage. Arctic armor will give 6.5k effective hp. LC gives 23% more EHP based on the calculations I did. (Correct me if I am wrong) It also comes with up to flat 80 life so I think lightning coil would be the better choice once POL is leveled up? The only way I see LC receiving more damage is if your lightning resist goes negative. With POL, it is pretty easy to overcap and would be highly unlikely. As for the golem, if it is constantly dying then I would probably put it on CWDT. Also thanks for the input! I think most of those deaths can be justified by rippy mods or mechanics that may also kill many HC characters. The tree I provided went mostly for dps but there are also other defensive options if you prefer.
ign - happycabbaged

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info