[3.0] No new trade option for PC.

"
Regarding in-game trading, there is going to be a completely different approach to the current system in the Chinese version of the game, which is also being considered for the Xbox release. In the PC version, players have access to an API system that allows players to create lists and search for items on various websites. Once a player finds an item they’re looking for, they can contact the other user in-game.

"We don’t want trade to be too convenient. We’ve seen what happens in other games, and also in our own game, when trade is too easy. It lets people bypass content way too quickly", said Chris.

The trade system in China, and potentially on Xbox, will be more user friendly but also more difficult to find the exact item you’re looking for. Players will be able to buy items from each other in a single click, but there’s going to be a small catch. Chris described the system as a ‘garage sale’ where players can search for a type of item and hundreds of choices will come out: some good and others not so much. This type of system would be more much convenient with a controller while not allowing players to instantly upgrade themselves with the perfect gear.

This is taken from the mmogames.com write up. You can read it here:http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles/path-exile-fall-oriath-redefine-arpg-progression/

Anyone else kind of bummed to hear that?
Last edited by Vajtastic on Feb 14, 2017, 4:51:21 PM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2017, 11:05:42 PM
Someone will make a POE trade for China/Xbox and no one will use GGG's program.
they said it before, it's all still in testing and atm they don't think it's quite right for the main realm
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Grislebrand wrote:

I was hoping they would have put some effort into trade for PC. Maybe this it's too soon but what Chris said makes me feel like we aren't getting anything.
"
Grislebrand wrote:
i would say yes please for a instant buyout trade system tho
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
I enjoy the recent announcement and won't blame GGG about trading today.

Tommorow maybe ^^

My new campaign is coming soon:

AFK players should be removed from indexers that's kinda obvious.
Every third party tools should be released in an official public list.
Private tools should be a good ban reason.
Hf :)
Awesome! still no new trade improvements announced.
ROFL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Heli0nix wrote:
I enjoy the recent announcement and won't blame GGG about trading today.

Tommorow maybe ^^

My new campaign is coming soon:

AFK players should be removed from indexers that's kinda obvious.
Every third party tools should be released in an official public list.
Private tools should be a good ban reason.

AFK players shouldn't be removed. I'm afk in game right now, haven't tabbed in for an hour but I can hear if anyone whispers me and will tab back in to trade. Go watch any poe stream with a high volume trader playing. Half the time they flat out ignore your whisper if it isn't a big enough trade. The rest of the time the text scroll pans up while the finish their map and they forget to ever get back to you. Those people aren't afk and yet they're part of the problem you describe too.

The problem isn't afk players. The problem is the fubar trading tools we have. Its time for stuff with fixed buyouts in premium tabs to be able to be sold without player interaction. After the first few days of a league very few people care enough to come trade you a lifesprig for 1c.
All items should be account bound!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info