Doomfletch LA / Barrage

Hello guys, FanonFlower here.

I am really happy that there is a possibility to make a build which hits as hard as brood twine chars:

In so called poe pvp meta, the situation forces us to choose one evil over another. We had to choose Offscreen to be able to deal with EA before, now it's time to call for Offscreen again to beat Scolds + Zerphi. The build totally ignores defense options and does the best as "almost" glass cannon offscreener.

The reason we give up from every defense is because you have to kill them in one shot with aoe overlap damage from 130-150 range or kill them while they are moving in 2 shots since they cant cast or attack while moving and trigger zerphi life gain. And this build does it, tested, approved.

Key Items

these are key items,

Gem Choices

Gem choices are, Ele focus, Phys proj damage, Slow projectiles, Inc Crit Strikes, Weapon ele damage and The attack skill gem.

Winds of Change & Item explanation & damage stacking

To compensate proj speed reduction of slower projectiles gem, we use "winds of change"; abyssus is for enlarging phys damage pool, Lioneyes is to get the MAX(MAX! PURE!) phys damage pool to be able to one shot or 2 shot(while moving) scolds + zerphi users. and this build does it well.

To have the best ouf of the last mod of Doomfletch we stack as much as phys damage as possible, completely ignore Tooltip dps, we should only focus on our phys damage pool.

Getting Enough Penetration:

Pathfinder is a must to get additional +10% pen; get force of nature from Tree(6%), we have 31 global pen this way, 8% from arcing blows, 8% from fangs of frost, we have almost 39% global pen this way;

Experiences

I am testing the build since 3 days, the damage is there: i one shotted the targets which i one shot barely(that means something i cant one shot all the time or they die with "suicide" damage of scolds) with 441k dps brood twine(without blood rage) very easily.

auras
My tooltip damage with doomfletch was 51k(equals to 400k) dps, instead of hatred i use haste aura and clarity(lvl 17 for me is enough)

Flasks:

+ life flask with anti curse,
+ another movement flask with anti curse;

swaps:

Generic Tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBAcGIwceCIkI9A5IDlwPqxGBEZYUdRUgFr8Zihm0GdcZ_hsBIuoi9CP2JIsk_SaVJ6kqCyzpLYMwfDH6MpQ31DnUOlg9X0V-R35JUUyzTZJRR1JTVUtVxlb6XWhd8mHiY6dlTWpDavpsC20ZbWxwUnGhdct293fXexR9dX8Cfyt_xoPbhMWGs4nTjDaNfY9PkyeTlZUFlS6XBpeVl_Sa8Zu1oJ-hIqEvokCm4KfUrTOv67EwtQi1SLvjvTa-ir6nwFTDOsSiyMzKqc2Y0B_TftnG3Ubfb-dU6mLtP-4O73rvj-_r8NX0-Paj_rr-yP_e

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRBAcGIwceCIkI9A5IDlwPqxGBEZYUdRUgFr8Zihm0GdcZ_hsBIuoi9CP2JIsk_SaVJ6kqCyzpLYMwfDH6MpQ31DnUOlg9X0V-R35JUUyzTZJRR1JTVUtVxlb6XWhd8mHiY6dlTWpDavpsC20ZbWxwUnGhdct293fXexR9dX8Cfyt_xoPbhMWGs4nTjDaNfY9PkyeTlZUFlS6XBpeVl_Sa8Zu1oJ-hIqEvokCm4KfUrTOv67EwtQi1SLvjvTa-ir6nwFTDOsSiyMzKqc2Y0B_TftnG3Ubfb-dU6mLtP-4O73rvj-_r8NX0-Paj_rr-yP_e

Weaknesses:

-Weak vs other offscreeners;
recommendations:
use brass dome, lower dps -> get acrobatics, use rearguard,

-Only viable in Sarn arena, but works really great there.

-low life(5.2k life for me)

- hard to get resist capped while using 3 unique items.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 15, 2017, 3:24:38 AM
Last bumped on May 9, 2017, 12:47:28 AM
5.2k life is still pretty invested, I would nowhere call it a glasscannon, for ranger I think Vhlad did real glasscannon that died to any hit.

You should probably use Atziri flask, those arena zerphi builds won't have enough chaos res, even I have none.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
5.2k life is still pretty invested, I would nowhere call it a glasscannon, for ranger I think Vhlad did real glasscannon that died to any hit.

You should probably use Atziri flask, those arena zerphi builds won't have enough chaos res, even I have none.

yeah thats actually a very good idea. will try that and share the results.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
thanks for share , btw jewels recommendations?
"
thanks for share , btw jewels recommendations?

dont get jewels with crit multi and crit chance, people gonna use brass dome vs this build.

i use jewels with(pick 4 of these) - im too lazy at the moment i dont wanna open poe and link here.

phys damage + attack speed + increased damage + phys damage with bows + 10% elemental resistances + projectile damage

try to get jewels with these mods.

let me repeat again, dont pick stuff with crit chance & crit multi. dont get focused much on attack speed on jewels also.

10% elemental resistances + 7% life are priorities probably.
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 14, 2017, 4:16:12 PM
Thanks man and You can kill ''block'' builds? lately ive seen a lot of occultists with ES regen/recharge+block in breach league ( almost everybody use occultist + scorching ray in sarn arena breach ) or i just need bcr to kill them?
"
Thanks man and You can kill ''block'' builds? lately ive seen a lot of occultists with ES regen/recharge+block in breach league ( almost everybody use occultist + scorching ray in sarn arena breach ) or i just need bcr to kill them?

depends on your itemization, i dont even use BCR on them. 95% of them i can kill with LA, if you cant, just switch to barrage, the die in 2 shots maximum.
thanks rups, I hate ranged but I hate zerphi even more. Gonna roll that just to fuck with Putin once we get a fullrespect.

Out of curiosity what could you change for poor fucks like me who can t own a 6l vision? Can I use tabula and still kill those zerphi guys, maybe adding dps on tree or something?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 15, 2017, 1:10:39 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
thanks rups, I hate ranged but I hate zerphi even more. Gonna roll that just to fuck with Putin once we get a fullrespect.

Out of curiosity what could you change for poor fucks like me who can t own a 6l vision? Can I use tabula and still kill those zerphi guys, maybe adding dps on tree or something?

i'd say, get a corrupted one with the given colors since its really hard to color them.
thats what i did. i paid 5ex. with chaos recipe or stuff like, isn't that like 4-5 days of farming?(30-40 maps per day)

if you are lazy or bored of poe content, i'd say get a white 6l assasins garb, its gonna be easy to color also. the other option is to get Cloak of Defiance. That would also work, who can refuse additional defense? in pve they have no worth, try to get one for cheap.

As i said its really hard to get capped resists with this build, you may like to use any chest that makes you capped. unique or rare, doesnt matter. 17% more damage by lioneyes is not a bad number but i think there is no need to get overexcited about it.

i tried a lot of setups, got rekt a lot during my testings, without 17% damage of lioneyes i wasnt able to kill shin. call it bad luck or reality, thats my experience.
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 15, 2017, 3:10:24 AM
we did more intense testing with Xukai.

versus his 10.7k ES + fortify + 16% damage reduction of champion + brass dome build, Brood Twine, 9 arrows, abyssus one shots(sometimes deals 90-95% damage) from close range without point blank.(198k tooltip with hatred) - slower projectiles has been used at testing both weapons for equal comparison.

(yeah its crazy, still barrage cant kill for example shin cause he is always flickering on targets and you miss most of the shots even with namelocking, however while they are moving scolds guys die easy)

doomfletch however, was hitting for like 70-80% of his health.

so we can say there is a 20-30% difference between best bow in the game and doomflet in terms of X-Y damage. when i pop up vinktar brood twine gets benefit from that additional pen much more than doomfletch, put that into consideration as well.

both builds have same crit chance since im using CC gem with doomfletch.

for 1c weapon though, this is just amazing.
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 17, 2017, 4:25:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info