[2.6] CwC Firestorm AND Blade Vortex Obliteration All In One

Introduction

Spoiler
This build combines the the extremely fast clear speed of a Blade Vortex Obliteration build with the extremely powerful single target damage on bosses of a chaos damage Firestorm build, with just the swap of your weapons. You can have max resists, including chaos resist, even on high tier elemental weakness maps. All content can be cleared quickly with this build. What makes this build special is its cost effectiveness and extreme flexibility.

Leveling

Spoiler
This build starts off Blade Vortex centric and changes to being Firestorm centric as you progress into harder content. You may use whatever leveling method you are comfortable with until you get Blade Vortex, followed by dual Obliterations. Your clear speed will greatly increase at this point, and from there, you will get your dual Consuming Darks. You can set up your Blade Vortex gems in a Tabula with Poison until you are ready to setup Firestorm, at which point you socket your Wyrmsign with Blade Vortex. The explosion damage from Obliteration starts out low, so you want to get increased aoe nodes to try and get explosions to overlap and get chain kills. Once you get enough bonus damage, you won't really need any increased aoe at all. You will also end up doing so much damage that you won't need Aspect of Carnage, but the only reason to not get it is so that you can have Warbringer to self heal if you want to have a much easier time in the Uber Lab or Hall of Grandmasters. I cleared all content except for Shaper without it, and even Shaper was so easy I could do it without as well.

Pre-Mapping Passive Tree
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAYAAMkhAABixthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBHwQR5aKluwBpvO3gNtfJuqkrIiq-QEXvDguQ1kti9_gq3PoPMPC2DX0GH-eiCxyj6uJMc3I8a6-4y0UVHwGYEs6IA8B88BZ_f73ynCNgkVkg2xR8CBAeD21XGOlhMs9Af7-uXlVJTPV-X9D8nKk19W6xHUUzKSl-wm7WExcM6Kjgkiw-rbWw2PRvIz93xiha_JpVh4lVLaoz1b8gUotmw2LVI62MRL8Noffu_CCQ3FumYVwAAAAAA

Lvl 100 Passive Tree, Gear, Gems, and Jewels
Spoiler
Required Core Gear
Spoiler

These uniques are all you need to make this build functional. Once you have the currency and want to upgrade, you can get a 6-link Incandescent Heart, which is highly recommended.

General Gear
Spoiler
The rest of you gear will be Magic for the Hidden potential bonus, except for your boots. Here are some examples of transition and end game gear-

You can also use some items for particular occasions, such as

to boost your Firestorm damage a little or
for maps with temporal chains.

Jewels
Spoiler
Other than

you will need 6 jewels with 7% life and 10% to all elemental resistances, such as
If you can afford jewels that also grant area damage, chaos damage, or damage, you can use those, but they will be extremely expensive compared to what you need, which costs 5-10 chaos each.

Gems
Spoiler
For Firestorm

For Blade Vortex

Lightning Warp in an Obliteration wand

Whirling Blades in a Consuming Dark

The rest comes down to personal preference and the given situation. You could have a more defensive setup like this

or use

Another combo could be

Or

with or without Temporal chains if you want to use a Doedre's ring.

lets you run elemental weakness maps with full resists, while

can be swapped in for certain fights or maps to reach 85% with a resistance flask, greatly reducing the damage taken. You can also swap them in to help with your resists until you get better gear

Vaal gems are also a nice option, especially

For hard boss's. Remember, you have great flexibility when it comes customizing your gem slots and how you reserve your mana.

End Game Passive Tree and Gear Example
Spoiler
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAcBAWYhMwCBxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDsEEeWipbsAabzt4DbXyNZL-Cti9bqpKyD8nKk19W6xHUUzKSl-wm7WExV-YWW3PMrc-QYf56ILHHb4zhwPuKPq4kxzcjxrr7qcI2CRWSDLRRUfAZgSzogDDOong5liTH0kTJIsPqxa_JpVh4mqM9W_IFKLZsNhtbLVI62MRLzY9napsjGKsKjiKr5ARe8MbyOOEDkgRlgcelS7w1Y_6XECHy6ebdZ7PFUlRz93xioPbVcZQRzpYVUvyRf6PTeOmV_AfOuGa4EWdU1KPRpuhGGo5UlgH99dSr7tN3V9n_KyYguT4X1_QIZDqEL8IJDcW6ZhXBW87DAIRAgAAAQH6AAAAAHvDEQATAAAAAksBZAAVAUYAAAAAhMURABMAAAACSwFkABUBRgAAAACPGhEAEwAAAAJLAWQAFQFGAAAAAPGKEQATAAAAAksBZAAVAUYAAAAAAA0AAAIAB9ABAfQBAQwAAaA3AlUBFAEBMgAHAWAJAYQDAQoAAcgAAfoAASwBAAYfPwoAFBSAABQURAAUFMcAFRTaABQUEAEUFCYA9AIUA10AAZABAgAB3gMOAZoBBAcPtQAUAJAAAQBQAAEAAwEUABQACgIAAQGQAQIAAd4DCgGaAQAAACcClgEUAAYBMgABQAYBvAIBKAAAAAQHD_QAFRREABQUJgAUFAkAFBQlAsIAFAEBWAIFAQoAAVgCAZABASwBAAMDB-QAFAD5ABQASQAUACUCwgAUAQFYAgUBCgABWAIBkAEBLAEAAwMHBgAUFIoAARQ9ABQUFACgAgABASwBAgABFgMZASIBAAAAFACgAgABASwBAgABFgMZASIBAAAAFAB8AgABAXgAAgABegMcASIBAAAALQAhARQABQYBLAEAAXoDCAEmAg0BmgEPARgBBAcPsQAUAPAAFABJABQAsAAUAAkAVgIUAAAAAAAMAI4BFAEBkAEAAAAAFQIPABQBAV4BAwEUAAH6AAGWAAAAAA4AjAEUAQI8APQBAAAAAA4AiwEUAQI8APQBAAAAAA==

Your gear doesn't need to be that perfect clear all content, it just makes it easier and easier as you get better and better gear. You can see that the area nodes were dropped for more health, which I suggest you get last. This is because the smaller the area bonus you have, the higher the dps you can deal to a single target with Firestorm, and at that point you have so much damage, you can still clear large packs reliably with obliteration procs using Blade Vortex. Taking damage nodes first makes clearing much easier, and with over 6k life, you should be able to survive fairly well. With the specified life nodes, you will be over 8k life.

Flasks aren't too important with this build either. I spent 7 chaos on my flasks this league. As long as you can remove bleed, shock, and freeze, you're golden. Atziri's promise is too good not to have too, but you only need it maxed for elemental damage.

Mapping
Spoiler
You can clear every mod except for No Leech (you can try it if you want, but it is slow going and not really worth it.) If a map is too hard to run through with Blade Vortex, use Firestorm to clear it. While most content is easy, some is very hard, in which case I suggest rolling no damage increase mods on them, like for Lair of the Hydra. I would rate end game content like this based on my own experience and personal skill level.

Shaper-Easy
Lair of the Hydra- Medium (only content that is challenging with this build, but the updated form has a much easier time)
Maze of the Minotaur- Easy
Forge of the Phoenix- Easy
Pit of the Chimera- Easy
Atziri/Uber Atziri Easy (if you can dodge the fire well)
Uber Lab- Easy (with Warbringer)

The Hall of Grandmasters was especially frustrating, but a few key factors made it doable for me. Warbringer allowed me to keep my health and mana up in most situations because you can't leech life off of so many of the exiles. Scorching Ray in place of Wither, and in some cases even without Firestorm slotted,is necessary for some exiles. A couple of ranged exiles require very high chaos or lighting resist, or else you will get one shot or killed in a split second. Play defensively and stay as far away as you can, trying to kill the harder ones off screen when possible. Attempt to clear this right after you level so as not to lose any experience if you die, and try not to lose your cool from this map; it may take a multiple attempts, and that's ok because it's only 2 chaos per map.

Various Tips
Spoiler

-Until you can afford the 6-link Incandescent Heart, you can use a Tabula or the cheapest 6 link you can find, using alterations on it until you get life and chaos resist, allowing you to get even cheaper boots because you won't need the chaos resist on them.

-Since chaos resist is rarely needed, you can get by with low amounts throughout almost all of the game, meaning you can use cheaper rings and amulets that have higher HP.

-The passive tree can be filled out with a focus on damage or health nodes first, depending on your preference.

-Your health flask should remove bleed, your topaz flask should have shock immunity, and your sapphire flask should have freeze immunity. A ruby flask may be swapped in as needed.

-You will only have one curse socketed most of the time to be used on harder enemies, unless you swap in a Doedre's Damning ring for the hardest bosses since they don't tend to do chaos damage. For Atziri you can swap in Blasphemy if you want to use a curse along with Purity of Fire.

-If you start using an Infernal mantle, just use the one purity aura most relevant to the situation (usually relevant for bosses).

-For Lab runs, it is suggested to get War Bringer instead of Aspect of Carnage in your ascendancy tree. You will do more than enough damage either way, and this will trivialize the traps and generate endurance charges to trigger your gloves for more movement speed from onslaught.

-Flame Golem or an unneeded purity gem can be swapped out for Decoy Totem, Enduring Cry, or Vaal Lightning trap as needed.

-Gear listed in the link doesn't have to be followed completely and is an upper limit guide to strive for, but the numbers for resists need to add up to the ones listed to reach 75/75/75/75 resists, along with purity of elements for high tier elemental weakness maps.

-For slightly higher damage for the hardest bosses (not required), like Shaper, you can swap out your gloves for a pair magic Fingerless Silk Gloves.

-No gem swapping is required for Firestorm or Blade Vortex because Firestorm doesn't need increased aoe for clearing through maps since it is used for single target bosses, and Blade Vortex doesn't need poison for high hp targets because it's used for running through maps and instantly exploding large packs.

-Kaom's Heart is an option for clearing maps with extremely high damage mods if you feel it is necessary.

-Thief's Torment/double Timeclasp can be use for for some situations when curses, which normally don't matter much, can be too bothersome or even get you killed, like having Temporal Chains when fighting The Cursed King and you accidentally don't position right so that you are out of his line of sight or fail to kill him before he transforms for the first time.

I hope this guide helps anyone looking for a cheap and easy build to clear everything in the game very quickly. Any feedback to help make this build better is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Digital_Satyr on Apr 22, 2017, 10:12:24 AM
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2017, 10:20:47 AM
intresting....tagging for later reading :)

but why duual? vwv firestorm for bosses and BV for mapping?
"
tntkiller wrote:

The single target damage for Firestorm is far greater than Blade Vortex with similar gear, and Blade Vortex clear speed is way faster than Firestorm, even with less invested into it. They have extremely similar builds, so by arranging a few things around, you can get the most out of both of them while only having to swap weapons to get the benefits.
"
Digital_Satyr wrote:
"
tntkiller wrote:

The single target damage for Firestorm is far greater than Blade Vortex with similar gear, and Blade Vortex clear speed is way faster than Firestorm, even with less invested into it. They have extremely similar builds, so by arranging a few things around, you can get the most out of both of them while only having to swap weapons to get the benefits.

Sounds good enough, ill strart looking for replacement gear tomorrow for my lvl 89 CwC Firestorm char.. (you can check my chars Just need New jewels and check resists my helm is about the same as your but mine has cold res.)

Also what have you lightning warp Linked with? (if at all)
Last edited by tntkiller on Feb 13, 2017, 8:39:40 PM
"
tntkiller wrote:

Rapid Decay and Less Duration; I'll update it.
"
Digital_Satyr wrote:
"
tntkiller wrote:

Rapid Decay and Less Duration; I'll update it.

thanks... updated my gear partly..do remember tho why i hated BV with the stop and cast but its nice to see the mobs in the area explode.

now the hard part...the rings.. no coral rings for sale with +life + chaos res so a bought 2 ilvl 80+ and try to roll them but tha wont be easy :P ill guess ill buy 2 cheap non coral rings till i get a lucky roll.
"
tntkiller wrote:

thanks... updated my gear partly..do remember tho why i hated BV with the stop and cast but its nice to see the mobs in the area explode.

now the hard part...the rings.. no coral rings for sale with +life + chaos res so a bought 2 ilvl 80+ and try to roll them but tha wont be easy :P ill guess ill buy 2 cheap non coral rings till i get a lucky roll.

With Spell Echo, 90% increased duration, and such a huge damage boost with this build, you don't need to cast much; it's mostly running from pack to pack and instantly exploding them, sometimes off screen.

You probably won't find much, if any, magic items up for trade, so you'll need to spam alterations to craft your own. A Virile ring of Exile only requires item lvl 65 though, which is very easy to come by compared to the lvl 84 you typically need to buy for high stat crafting. You could try an Opal ring for more Firestorm damage or a Prismatic ring to free up a couple of jewelry slots.
"
Digital_Satyr wrote:
"
tntkiller wrote:

With Spell Echo, 90% increased duration, and such a huge damage boost with this build, you don't need to cast much; it's mostly running from pack to pack and instantly exploding them, sometimes off screen.

You probably won't find much, if any, magic items up for trade, so you'll need to spam alterations to craft your own. A Virile ring of Exile only requires item lvl 65 though, which is very easy to come by compared to the lvl 84 you typically need to buy for high stat crafting. You could try an Opal ring for more Firestorm damage or a Prismatic ring to free up a couple of jewelry slots.

yeah im lvling the gems connected to BV but its nice to see almost whole screen explosions....breaches are fun :P

got 2 ilvl 84 coral rings pretty cheap but it will cost a lot of alts/chaos to get a good roll :P

crafted a amber amulet to bad it was not a that good life roll but ill guess it willl have to do :P

ill just keep on rolling and hope for luck or a nice one on poe.trade

my char gear/stats/tree http://poe-profile.info/profile/tntkiller/CwC_Genocide
Last edited by tntkiller on Feb 14, 2017, 8:25:26 AM
Spot on, you got that together pretty quick; good job! It will cost quite a few alteration orbs to get good rolls, but it's nowhere near as bad as having to get the highest tier resists. I've done that, and it's way worse.

Also, I should mention that the type of boots don't really matter, it's just more convenient to have ones that can cheaply roll the color sockets you want.
What are the Bandits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info