The impossible labyrinth

Plenty of people in this forum section that are usually more than happy to help people out, whether they are new to the game or experienced, but maybe OP should try asking for advice with less attitude and rude remarks, might even get some help then!
"
blubbber wrote:
Plenty of people in this forum section that are usually more than happy to help people out, whether they are new to the game or experienced, but maybe OP should try asking for advice with less attitude and rude remarks, might even get some help then!

The lab has the ability to turn any sane person to the dark side. It's its solely reason to exist. So i wont blame OP for any of his attitude. Idk if uber lab is harder than t15+ map but pretty sure it's 100times harder than any 14 map i've been through.
"
sinub801 wrote:
"
blubbber wrote:

The lab has the ability to turn any sane person to the dark side. It's its solely reason to exist. So i wont blame OP for any of his attitude. Idk if uber lab is harder than t15+ map but pretty sure it's 100times harder than any 14 map i've been through.

absolutely, but if you ask people for help, you tend to get further by being polite and leaving the snobby attitude at the door :)
I get his frustration with the lab, but the problem here is that he claims there is something wrong with the game/that the game is broken, because he can't pass second phase Izaro in Merc (not even talking Uber here). Yet he says he is an experienced player (D2) that doesn't need any help, and claims his character is amazing with the "wise choice" he has made with the skill tree and equipment. But somehow needs a carry through Merc Izaro. I would consider myself to be average at this game, I never played D2/3 or any other big game like this, and I still managed to pass Uber lab with my first two characters, which were both SSF. I only mention this because it shows it's not "impossible" as the OP claims. I was completely clueless and was able to do it because I took the time to learn and to improve my character until I was properly geared to be able to survive.

Getting good advice here on the Forum means someone is taking a lot of their time to look at your character/gear/passive tree and formulate a response; and they are doing it to be kind and helpful. OP seems to think it's his "right" to demand this information. If he had asked politely, he would have gotten a much better response. He's getting jumped on (and for good reason) because his first post was whining and demanding, and even his first response to a legitimate question (asking which lab level) was rude. What did he think would happen after being defensive and rude to the first person who responded to his thread?
"
wde97 wrote:

Getting good advice here on the Forum means someone is taking a lot of their time to look at your character/gear/passive tree and formulate a response; and they are doing it to be kind and helpful. OP seems to think it's his "right" to demand this information. If he had asked politely, he would have gotten a much better response. He's getting jumped on (and for good reason) because his first post was whining and demanding, and even his first response to a legitimate question (asking which lab level) was rude. What did he think would happen after being defensive and rude to the first person who responded to his thread?

Exactly. In fact, he still gets advice from me and others, just not polite advice because he didn't ask for it politely or even respectfully at all.

Spoiler
The certain reaction from the non-OP person wasn't even really due to the interaction in this thread. They posted any equally annoying thread that I responded to (honestly slightly nicer than I did to OP here), it got locked due to not being something GGG handles over forums, so the OP from that thread decided to stalk my posts very obviously.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
wde97 wrote:
he claims there is something wrong with the game/that the game is broken, because he can't pass second phase

Never said that the game is broken. If I was thinking the game is broken or not "right" I would say that, I was just rageous(I agree it's not polite). Just the intonation and stuff is never understandable via chat, you know. All I wanted to say by typing this is to show how mad I am that my stats ain't enough for completing it(which I've done after all) and to ask what is a normal stat for that, since I thought my stats are pretty enough for that stage of the game. Apparently they were enough(ofc not really, since it's not HC, if it was HC I would think about it seriously), just I had bad moments with that 1 shots.

Anyway, I am a casual player and I apreaciate the good old times of D2. I suggest to most of you who havent played it to try it out, you will see it has a lot of common stuff with PoE. After all D2 is created way before PoE, but the community is dead long ago, that's why I started PoE, hopefully I manage to make my own build as I planned it, I don't wanna show off or say I am OP player, but I got my logic about that kind of games, so If I may get some help I can create the best Dual Wield cyclone, different than anyone else, something fresh and new, highly effective. Ppl judged my build, but that's only because Im a newbie and I started a very expensive one. I cannot cover most of the gear for now, hopefully I find a guild and I will show my idea clearly. I actually planned to stream, to provide people with the connection of the 2 games and to give away some ideas for builds ;) Bad thing is I need new CPU for the stream, tried it already with OBS program, but it's lagging a bit. If I get something new about it I will inform all. Who knows, maybe from the hated newbie I will become famous streamer one day and teach newbies for free. Kek :) Peace and love to everyone. Sorry if I was negative and arrogantive.
"
Gashouder wrote:
"
wde97 wrote:
he claims there is something wrong with the game/that the game is broken, because he can't pass second phase

Never said that the game is broken. If I was thinking the game is broken or not "right" I would say that, I was just rageous(I agree it's not polite). Just the intonation and stuff is never understandable via chat, you know. All I wanted to say by typing this is to show how mad I am that my stats ain't enough for completing it(which I've done after all) and to ask what is a normal stat for that, since I thought my stats are pretty enough for that stage of the game. Apparently they were enough(ofc not really, since it's not HC, if it was HC I would think about it seriously), just I had bad moments with that 1 shots.

Anyway, I am a casual player and I apreaciate the good old times of D2. I suggest to most of you who havent played it to try it out, you will see it has a lot of common stuff with PoE. After all D2 is created way before PoE, but the community is dead long ago, that's why I started PoE, hopefully I manage to make my own build as I planned it, I don't wanna show off or say I am OP player, but I got my logic about that kind of games, so If I may get some help I can create the best Dual Wield cyclone, different than anyone else, something fresh and new, highly effective. Ppl judged my build, but that's only because Im a newbie and I started a very expensive one. I cannot cover most of the gear for now, hopefully I find a guild and I will show my idea clearly. I actually planned to stream, to provide people with the connection of the 2 games and to give away some ideas for builds ;) Bad thing is I need new CPU for the stream, tried it already with OBS program, but it's lagging a bit. If I get something new about it I will inform all. Who knows, maybe from the hated newbie I will become famous streamer one day and teach newbies for free. Kek :) Peace and love to everyone. Sorry if I was negative and arrogantive.

And that is where we had miscommunication/ some disconnect in your thought process that irked people like me off.

You can't be this new to the game versus others who have been around a year or more longer yet somehow dictate that you know you have enough stats when you keep dying because then people who know the mechanics a bit better have proof you are wrong. 4k life and your other stats are acceptable early mapping and such and maybe even merciless malachai because he honestly is worse than Izaro merci, but you can always port back in. When you technically have 1 shot to do or die, 4k life plus the other stats on top of the 58% increased phys damage taken and not knowing Izaro's modifiers means death. If your grievance were much more straight forward and not quite so hostile (the anger was due to your frustration, not particularly at the people you started responding to, at least in the beginning), it would have been a simple matter of "Bad rolled defense Abyssus and Beserker increased damage node probably beating your butt too much, reroll or buy a new one, plus up your life to like 6k since Abyssus downside is not to be taken lightly" and you probably would have been on your way right away. Instead you end up with people like me who treat you in kind.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Feb 17, 2017, 5:02:35 PM
"
"
Gashouder wrote:
"
wde97 wrote:

And that is where we had miscommunication/ some disconnect in your thought process that irked people like me off.

You can't be this new to the game versus others who have been around a year or more longer yet somehow dictate that you know you have enough stats when you keep dying because then people who know the mechanics a bit better have proof you are wrong. 4k life and your other stats are acceptable early mapping and such and maybe even merciless malachai because he honestly is worse than Izaro merci, but you can always port back in. When you technically have 1 shot to do or die, 4k life plus the other stats on top of the 58% increased phys damage taken and not knowing Izaro's modifiers means death. If your grievance were much more straight forward and not quite so hostile (the anger was due to your frustration, not particularly at the people you started responding to, at least in the beginning), it would have been a simple matter of "Bad rolled defense Abyssus and Beserker increased damage node probably beating your butt too much, reroll or buy a new one, plus up your life to like 6k since Abyssus downside is not to be taken lightly" and you probably would have been on your way right away. Instead you end up with people like me who treat you in kind.

I cannot find cheap Abyssus with at least 180% crit multi and 40% dmg taken. Other thing is I don't really find a solution about improving my life points, except having 2 rings, but they are expensive as well. If I go for more life nods I will lack dmg :/ Something I don't want for now. Maybe I will invest more in armor as it's planned, I am laying on more life steal :) If I manage to do the uber lab I will have lots of sustain and the life I will need will be enough just to prevent one shotting at bosses. That's my point. The more dmg the more I will life steal, sounds logical, isnt it ? :)
"
Gashouder wrote:
[...] If I go for more life nods I will lack dmg :/ Something I don't want for now. Maybe I will invest more in armor as it's planned, I am laying on more life steal :) If I manage to do the uber lab I will have lots of sustain and the life I will need will be enough just to prevent one shotting at bosses. That's my point. The more dmg the more I will life steal, sounds logical, isnt it ? :)

And that is the tricky part. You can't really pull that off in PoE, because some enemies (like Izaro, Malachai, ...) do insane burst damage. If your life pool isn't big enough to survive that hit, you can leech all you want, you'll get oneshot sooner or late (in your case it seems like sooner).
Glass cannons in PoE are not really viable, because you hardly ever manage to kill everything before it can hit you, much less as a melee char and without any distraction (decoy totem, minions, skeleton totem, ancestral warchief and some others I might have forgotten).

If you want to play a melee life based build in PoE, you have to invest in life nodes and +life on gear + get some decent amount of armour, which you can then boost with fortify, endurance charges and flasks (although Izaro is probably not killing you with physical damage).

Send a PM to Slayer_Tip, he does builds for players (for free) - maybe he can help you with your build or maybe your build has no future... happens all the time. I've been playing since open beta and I still haven't done all there is to do in this game (Über Labyrinth, Über Atziri, Shaper...). And yes, I've been playing D2, too. A lot.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
silumit wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
And next time don't use the word "elite" in your posts if you are not one.
-either you are elite
-or you don't follow your own advice
-or you meant something more elaborate than just "not using that word", like "not using that word implying you are the elite yourself"?
Which one is it?

"

And no, this isn't about elite veteran players picking on newcomers. Your attitude in your initial post the the sequential responses is why we don't really care for your general attitude and will treat you as such with advice sprinkled in.

From the above phrase, he implied that he is an elite (take note of the words in bold).

"

I never claimed to be an elite

Yet he said that he did not claimed to be an elite.

What a joke.

I guess when people checked his profile and noticed that he isn't near or even close to elite level , he changed his tune.
Last edited by YoursTruly86 on Feb 18, 2017, 9:59:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info