100% Fire Conversion Blade Vortex Chieftain w/ Hysteria Bow (maybe RF) build idea

Hey there,

I'm planning to run an interesting build for the next hardcore league and I just wanted to get a bit of input/experiences from the community.
My Idea was to run a Chieftain non-crit pure fire based Blade Vortex build by running Avatar of Fire in combination with The Signal Fire quiver, using a Crude Bow (because coloring would be impossible on dex requirement bows) with the Hysteria craft. The Hysteria craft on weapons grants you a 10% Chance to cast Fire Blast on Hit, which is a rather small AoE Fire Spell, which hits pretty hard and should proc pretty well from Blade Vortex with its many hits.

First, here is the link to my skill tree draft:

I'd be going with the following core uniques:
- Xoph's Blood (for Avatar of Fire and all the other stats are useful as well, saves a skill point but it will work w/o that for the start of the league, Ngamahu Tiki would be another good budget option or for the case, that Breach Uniques won't be available anymore, for that awesome fire dmg, I'm lacking on my wep anyways)
- The Signal Fire (For the other half of the dmg conversion to fire and some nice added fire action)

For the ring slots there are multiple options which I wanna try out:
- Kaom's Way (one or even two of those give some insane regen for safety, since I don´'t have Vaal Pact)
- Emberwake (For awesome single target dmg, since I have 25-40% ignite chance from tree and ascendancies anyways, depending on the exact skilling)
- The Taming (In the classic combination with Emberwake for even more insane single target, but unfortunately very, very expensive)

Optional Uniques:
- Kaom's Heart (Tankiness and Fire Dmg, definitely a go-to for late game in HC)
- Doryani's Invitation Fire (Probably only, if I choose to go the ignite route with Emberwake, otherwise a good rare Leather- or Vanguard Belt with life and res might be better)
- Death's Door (I just love these boots for almost any build, that runs Endurance charges. Good base stats and the immunity to bleeds is just priceless in HC, especially for uber lab runs, I'll prob go for these late game)
- Repentance (Would be a very nice dmg buff, since I'll get quite a lot of strength in this build, due to multipliers from Chieftain and Xoph's Blood, but I've gotta see, if I can get enough int with all that unique jewellery. Maybe with Essence of spite crafts?)
- Intuitive Leap (to get the Scion AoE, Curse Effect and Duration, I'll probably go for this, since that Setup costs the same amount of skill points and I lose a jewel slot and 20% duration and gain 10% AoE and 15% Curse Effect for my dual curses)
- The Red Nightmare (Very expensive late game option, if Breach uniques should still be available. Would give me 15% Block chance and easy End Charge sustain in the well known Marauder socket, one might choose to switch Warlord's Mark for another curse like Enfeeble, Temp. Chains or Ele Weakness then for less leech, still got some from Ascendancies, but more other Def or Dmg)

There are actually rather few unique flasks, that work with this build. Taste of Hate dmg would be halved by Avatar of Fire, Atziri's Promise dmg negated. The only good options would be:
- Dying Sun (this would be the gg endgame option, since the AoE is awesome on Blade Vortex and I need a Ruby Flask against reflect anyways)
- Witchfire Brew (Would be nice, if I go the ignite route and I'll run a Stibnite anyways)

Regarding the gem setup, the good thing here is, that I've got the Fire Blast on my bow, which will be my 5L/6L and most support gems for Blade Vortex and Fire Blast are pretty much the same:
- Increased AoE (Swap to Conc Effect for single target)
- Controlled Destruction
- Fire Penetration
- Elemental Focus (for non-ignite version)
- Iron Will

Also I will try out a few gems specifically for Blade Vortex:
- Spell Echo (Don't know, if I'll need too much cast speed with the Blade Vortex stack cap)
- Faster Casting (same as above)
- Increased duration (might be cool for map clearing but pretty useless for single target)

For Auras I plan to run, maybe I'll need an Enlighten to have enough mana to cast, I'll prob only start running the Purity for late game, when my dps gets very high anyways:
- Blasphemy Warlord's Mark (for Endurance Charge generation and life-/mana sustain)
- Blasphemy Flammability (For nice dmg boost and also ignite chance, if I choose that route. Can be switched to Ele Weakness for party play)
- Purity of Fire (For reflect protection, which will probably an issue anyways, since I don't have Vaal Pact)

Other Skills I might run would be the following. Unfortunately, I will have to choose carefully, since I won't have many spare sockets with Kaom's:
- Stone Golem (more regen is always good)
- Enduring Cry (End Charge sustain in boss fights)
- Blink Arrow, Flame Dash or Lightning Warp (I'll test out, which movement skill I like best´in this setup)
- Vaal Haste (For faster clears, especially since there are no top tier movement skills, this char can use)
- Vaal Lightning Trap (Probably a swap-in for difficult bosses)
- CwDt, either with Vortex/Inc. AoE or Arctic Breath/GMP(/Chain) for CC, no Immortal Call, since I want to sustain my End Charges for Regen

Another late game option for this build would be to run Righteous Fire. Since I can't run a Rise of the Phoenix, I'd have to do it with a Leo enchant on the bow. In this build I get ~10% life regen baseline and I'll run the Purity of Fire anyways. Also I'll gain a shitton of regen off of my End charges, especially of I run dual Kaoms Ways. That's 1.5% Regen per End charge with up to 9 charges, so roughly 23% regen overall. The dmg would synergize with the rest of the build very well, since I scale a lot of fire dmg anyways, the AoE is comparably to Blade Vortex AoE and it would scale the Blade Vortex and Fire Blast Dmg into oblivion. This would imho rather be a SC option, though, since I give up a lot of Regen (=defence) and I'll Probably have some reflect issues anyways. There's probably also a good Vaal Pact tree or a Crit based Acuity tree for the rich SC folks out there, if you really want to go balls to the walls.

Alright, this was the rough draft of my probable next build, let me hear, what you think,
Cheers,
TKPizza

Last edited by TKPizza on Feb 11, 2017, 10:09:00 AM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2017, 7:08:10 AM
*bump*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info