Berserker vs Assassin for Blade Flurry.

I think there is many misconceptions about how poison works in this game. I'm no expert on double dipping and the math so i'll just propose a few things and hopefully people smarter than I can elaborate.

Firstly I've noticed that many people go Assassin for its poison stacking and crit abilities.
We look at the two meta Aescendancies, Toxic Delivery and Aspect of Carnage.

Aspect of Carnage seems better to me, even if you are crit capped as an Assassin. It applies the "more" multiplier to both the original hit and the poison scaling. The original hit being stronger makes the poison stronger and the poison being stronger increases its multiplication.

Toxic Delivery simply increases the poison scaling on crits only.

We also look at the buffs to warcry in the Berserker tree. 20% qual and increased duration nodes along with the Aescendancy make Abyssal Cry absolutely insane. Players don't seem to understand that Inc Duration affects poison damage tremendously and essentially is another modifier that adds damage.

It looks to me like Berserker wins out in terms of sustainable, mapping. Very Alch and go.

However I'm not sure if it can handle bosses. Crit seems much more viable for boss killing but maybe has trouble with certain map mods? and since you cant use Abyssal Cry on bosses very effectively is there a definite answer for this arguement of which is better?

Like I said i've simply observed this through other people, haven't done any actual testing.
I'd like to run this as my league starter for 2.6 before it hopefully gets nerfed.

Thanks!

Last edited by Disterric on Feb 10, 2017, 5:16:45 PM
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2017, 6:39:48 PM
Just what Kripp said long time ago. But yes, math is correct here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info