Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

So act 5 is heavily inspired by Kung Fury & Iron Sky ehh?!
Inb4 we get some "nazi soldiers" riding rhoas and such...
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
"
By the way, it's not a "concept art" - title says "Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book".

but concept art is something you can find in the very most art books. the special stuff you can only find in those books, you know?

"
That's just lazy and lame attempt to be "edgy" by using very controversial real-world analogy.

yes, i know what you mean. and in some way its realy cheap but thats all.
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 8, 2017, 10:36:08 AM
"
kobrakhan wrote:
can someone please explain how a concept drawing about nazi like enemies can hurt your feelings? did you reakt the same on indiana jones, hellboy and starwars?
First of all, there is a big difference between starwars and nazi. My grandfa was on WW2, for example. It wasn't kind of cinema.

BUT - if someone bring R2D2 to Path of Exile storyline, I think I'll mind.

P.S. Just for example, how do you think my 90 years old grandfa will feel seeing nazi-like symbols in my home?
Or you think it's cool idea to hide my favorite game with shame?
The darker the eye, the more diligent the watched.
the return of castle wolfenstein
mmkey
can someone explain - how are these michael jackson perverty doppelbangers having innocent rough foreplay.. are nazis??

from what headcase cultural background people should grown up to today to feel something controversial about this anytime perfectly appropriate handcuffs/leather-fests? lol
From Path of Exile's TVTropes Page, Specifically from "A Nazi By Any Other Name" Trope:
"
Piety and her master, Dominus. Let's count the ways:
- Dictatorial rule and suppression of dissent.
- Soldiers in intimidating black uniforms.
- Horrific experiments on human subjects.
- Lots and lots of cold blooded torture.
- Attempts to create a master race and/or super soldiers.
- Implied goal of re-creating an 'eternal empire'
- Piles of emaciated corpses eerily reminiscent of those found in concentration camps.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Feb 8, 2017, 10:50:11 AM
"
P.S. Just for example, how do you think my 90 years old grandfa will feel seeing nazi-like symbols in my home?
Or you think it's cool idea to hide my favorite game with shame?

kek, did you order the new poe-reichsstandarte or how should your gradpa see...
you could explain that you dont go to join some kind of blood&soil party and that those figures just needed a "very evil" look and some creator got a chance to be a bit tasteless.

"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 8, 2017, 10:51:42 AM
It does break immersion when you use symbolism that immediately makes most people think of Nazis or anything easily recognizable from the real world that shouldn't exist in the game. Another example would be adding mobs with ice skates and hockey equipment on that made users think of the NHL when ever they encountered the mob.

I think GGG is more talented than to use real world symbolism in a way that just seems uncreative and mostly for shock value. I honestly don't think any words or symbols should ever be censored, but the way its used in the art disappoints me slightly. I've grown to expect amazingly unique and creative artistic content from GGG.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
"
From Path of Exile's TVTropes Page, Specifically from "A Nazi By Any Other Name" Trope:
"
Piety and her master, Dominus. Let's count the ways:
- Dictatorial rule and suppression of dissent.
- Soldiers in intimidating black uniforms.
- Horrific experiments on human subjects.
- Lots and lots of cold blooded torture.
- Attempts to create a master race and/or super soldiers.
- Implied goal of re-creating an 'eternal empire'
- Piles of emaciated corpses eerily reminiscent of those found in concentration camps.

Yeah,it took some in here 3 years to even understand that this was always the case.Stupid SJW's i swear....
Bye bye desync!
The point is that there is a big difference in showing things "that an evil regime does" and showing "nazis".

Piles of bodies look the same everywhere and everytime. The result of a mass killing was ever the same, be it 1000BC or 800AC or 1900AC, be it anywhere in the world.
Uniformed brutal soldiers feel the same, no matter what the uniform looks like exactly.

The principles of "bad regimes" have always been the same, war has always been the same. Hence, showing those principles to convey "War & Evil Regime" is totally fine from an artistic standpoint.
Showing "Nazis" as standins for all that is not fine, as it narrows the core principle down to one example, narrowing the scope. And in this case, breaking immersion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info