Pages from the Upcoming Path of Exile Art Book

There is no room for Nazis in Wraeclast!
"
This is my first ever complaint.

Part of this artwork, the Nazi symbolism, is in very poor taste, not very creative and totally out of place. (Check's system clock if it's April 1st.)

To anyone who these symbols mean anything, they are completely immersion breaking.

To me as a German player, these are downright offensive.

They will lead to a huge ammount of political chat and hate speech in-game.

Considering that you have removed skulls and shackled ladies from your artwork before, because they could be considered offensive in some communities, this has certainly not been reviewed with the same scrutiny.

You don't need Nazi symbols to carry your artistic idea. On the contrary, they are distracting and just generally poorly done.

Don't. Just don't. Very easy to fix now. Very hard to fix later.

In my point of view it's just this. Now it's time to fix it.
Hopefully 3.0 won't be of this nazi theme. That would destroy the game for me.
terrible! make something original for poe dont copy and paste world history into it! NOTY!
crossbows?

tell me you gonna add crossbows in 3.0 XD
"
would that be in act 5?

Nice, will there???
Last edited by MasterOfNebo on Feb 8, 2017, 4:33:27 AM
"
This is my first ever complaint.

Part of this artwork, the Nazi symbolism, is in very poor taste, not very creative and totally out of place. (Check's system clock if it's April 1st.)

To anyone who these symbols mean anything, they are completely immersion breaking.

To me as a German player, these are downright offensive.

They will lead to a huge ammount of political chat and hate speech in-game.

Considering that you have removed skulls and shackled ladies from your artwork before, because they could be considered offensive in some communities, this has certainly not been reviewed with the same scrutiny.

You don't need Nazi symbols to carry your artistic idea. On the contrary, they are distracting and just generally poorly done.

Don't. Just don't. Very easy to fix now. Very hard to fix later.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Why are you germans so butthurt?

I don't get it. It's not offensive in any way. In fact, it's part of your history. If you're offended by it, you need to go get treatment. Shit happened, learn to get over it. I could mildly understand if a jew was offended by that, not some regular german. If anything you should be ashamed, not offended x'D.

First of all, why the treatment line? I know this is the internet and all, but you made your point and then you feel the need to add in such a clearly overstated comment? Sometimes I wonder what relative importance conversational values have had in some upbringings.

And to answer the actual point of your comment:

If it appears to you that germans are offended by the mere mentioning of the nazi-regime, then you might have misunderstood the goal of historical education - even though here in germany it might actually be a notion that is sadly stuck in some peoples minds due to a lack of proper reasoning in school.

It is not about being butthurt about history, but to learn from it. No german of our younger generation is by him- or herself in any way responsible for what happened. We just live in a place where we are in some ways affected by the aftermath of a dark history of our culture. Now, due to intensive learning about the particulars of that time one might come to an understanding of what caused this tragedy, and as such one might have an easier time to empathize with the victims of said time, a very important process of mending this wound.
As such, it is possible to be upset about people who are lacking this second hand experience and are making light of a situation you know (through the afore mentioned learning), and as such pointing out these particulars (as for example making light of fascist ideas and symbolism) in a maybe stronger than needed fashion. You could see it as "being offended for somebody else", as in defending the victims of past.

In my opinion this is a very valuable asset of cultural historical understanding and one many other cultures could apply way more often.
Looks amazing! Keep it up ggg.
Yeah, let's stuff every possible visual cliché into PoE. Apparently, korean-mmo-style MTXes wasn't enough, so now it's nazi's turn.

Good creativity indeed.
"
LG0012 wrote:
Just take a look at those symbols..

Really intresting.. :D

Supported by MARVEL? :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

GGG's symbol isn't quite like the Marvel one. It's easy to tell where GGG got the symbol, but whether they are saying that the evil people in Wraeclast perverted something meant to be good (the church) into something evil or whether GGG is silently saying the historical Church or Christianity itself is evil, I have no idea. The casual use of crucifixes as hideout decorations doesn't help with the benefit of the doubt here either. It's their game though. The Nazi like armbands should have been redone to make something really unique for PoE, imo.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Feb 8, 2017, 5:05:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info