February Weekend Event 14: 1h Winterheart Ledge

To see the available prizes of the current events, go to this page.

The top of each class in each race will be awarded a Demigod's Dominance Body Armour.
10 out of the top 50 players of each race will receive a specific armour set. 30 out of the top 300 players of each race will receive a set of footprints. These winners will be selected through a random draw. This excludes cutthroat races where no microtransactions will be awarded.

The prizes will be awarded after the weekend of races has concluded. We'll be issuing these manually during the work-day.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

Endless Ledge events are voided.

Active Mods
The following league mods are active during this event:
  • Winterheart: All areas contain patches of chilled ground. Players are accelerated, rather than being slowed by being chilled.

Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2017, 1:20:39 PM
Is there any way we can get a general objective of each race event. I'm new to this and youtube is only showing highlights (shout out to ziggyd for the ones he has been able to post) and not any actual tutorials on what the purpose of each race is. Some do but most don't and a few of these races has me completely confused as to what we are trying to achieve out of that specific race, i.e highest amount of xp gained, furthest progression, rare boss kill count, etc.

Thanks fam
Completely agree with the other comment -- it's a bit frustrating to not have each event simply say the win condition. It would just take one sentence.

Editing to add: whatever the justification is for not listing the win conditions, that same logic can be used for pretty much everything else on the page. You list the exact same prizes for every single event, but the win conditions (which are actually different for different events) are left off.

Then again, I guess that's the modus operandi for a company that expects people to go to a third party website to trade. "Why list information here when people can find it somewhere else?"
Last edited by Barlindy on Feb 11, 2017, 11:06:12 AM
Just saying that the post I made for a general objective of each race was for only that reason. I don't condone any slander or running down of the Path Of Exile operations systems as I very much enjoy the game whether a third party trading system is in place or not. Was posting for a question to be answered as to if there is any area to find the relevant information to hopefully enjoy the races just that little bit more.
I would also like more clear details of the specific race, which is the reason I come visit this thread in the first place.

I didn't know last race (mistress of flame kill) would only count players who beat the boss. I thought it was an exp race.
"
miva2 wrote:
I would also like more clear details of the specific race, which is the reason I come visit this thread in the first place.

I didn't know last race (mistress of flame kill) would only count players who beat the boss. I thought it was an exp race.

WTF? It's called KILL? You thought the guy who farmed 59min and killed it in the last second would win?
Most races don't have an objective other than going fast. That includes Endless Ledge. The only races I can think of that have an objective are the boss kill races. Those will all have the word "kill" in the title (Brutus Kill, Mistress of the Flame Kill, etc).

Endless Ledge starts at one of of the ledge, like the regular Act 1 Ledge. You have a starting chest with gear and gems. I don't know if this list is current. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Endless_Ledge

You run from one end to the other. At the end you'll start another "ledge". It may or may not actually be the Ledge. It might be the Ledge, Sarn, or Jungle. Whichever tile set it uses will be a linear run similar to the Ledge. Each ledge increases by 2 levels. Once you leave a ledge and enter a new one, you can't return to the previous one. Many will have small indentations to the side with a totem and large packs including blue packs. The mobs are not always native to the tile set.

These links are elsewhere, but I'll put them in one place.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702512
https://www.pathofexile.com/events
Shout-out to Harddaysnight for actually answering the question and Demon for trying to stop a pointless bashing.

I agree the looking around for the win condition can be a little tiring for new players. It would be nice to have a little 3 sentence blurb on race itself but the guides provided do list objectives just not in an easy to find spot.

For this race it's mostly answered but also look of the bonuses like ice on map actually increasing speed. Goodluck!
Thanks for all the help, it's defs appeciated :)
Ledge = Templar/Shadow race

what up cuzz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info