I found a "good" dev team

I apologize in advance; this will not be the most cohesive post.

First off, on their official forums, they have a dev post tracker. They even have developer video streams. They also actually listen and respond. Here is an example:

"
Here's my rationale for the combat system:

Then listed 5 points of interest.

Then in the same post:

"
All of this said -- I will be the first to admit the rules need work, and I am not dismissing your feedback. I'd like to approach it with small tweaks rather than major re-writes, and not lose any of the excitement and uncertainty afforded by the large random roll.

An open minded developer not afraid to discuss core design!

There is more!

They actually play their game!

I was playing the other night. Out of the blue, we get in a PVP guild fight. Someone mentioned something they didn't like in "global chat". A dev happened to be on at the time. Not only did the dev respond to the complaint, they started testing. The dev started participating in our guild war. They listened to feedback and even gave some of their own (all in game). The next day, they revamped the guild war system. Not only did they change the system, they continued to accept feedback both in game and on the forums.

There were also numerous occasions where bugs were squashed through global chat. Someone reports a bug in global chat, the dev responded in global chat, and then looked into the problem. I'm not talking about simply added it to the "to do list". In clear sight of global chat, they troubleshooted and fixed the bug.

Another thing that impressed me:
There was a server reset. The dev actually postponed the reset 45 minutes because some people were in the middle of a boss fight. They didn't even ask the dev to wait for them.

And more!

After a server reset; they asked in global chat: "is anyone experiencing problems with the new patch?".

And more!

A dev asked in global chat, "How can we encourage players to make hardcore characters?". They even responded to the feedback directly in global chat. "That sounds cool." "I don't think we can do that for X reason."

And more!

The game fucking works. 60 FPS ALL DAY LONG. Not only that, it works on multiple devices. There are people in my guild that play on their phone. The only complaint I have ever heard is "the battery drains fast". To which the devs responded in game and DELIVERED improvements.

Did I mention this is a free to play game? This is the "meassage of the day":
"
We are a small dev team who relies on word-of-mouth to survive. If you enjoy the game please consider leaving a postive review.

And Morer!

Clearly listed on the front page are the current patch notes and the current known issues.

I don't even really like the game that much (personal issues nothing to do with the quality of the game). However, the sheer amount of respect the devs have shown and continue to show towards their community have earned them my financial contribution. The company is, Spellbook.
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2017, 1:25:10 PM
That sounds really cool, Suicide. Would you mind telling us what the game name is or giving us a link to the official forums?

Your descriptions remind me of Open Beta Path of Exile, where it wasn't uncommon to run across a GGG member standing in town with MTX, or witness them talking in global chat. It seems a lot rarer now, although anymore I have global chat turned off since it's not worth looking at anymore with the population size of POE now (read: it's cancer).

Since the game you mention has RNG and Hardcore I am curious to know more about it: I'm interested in both of these things. However, I go hard on "lone wolf" solo play. Not so much solo self found, just playing alone. Does the game you mention support this playstyle? Since you described guild wars, I'm not certain how invested they are into group play.

Thanks for sharing with us!
Bring back race seasons.
The game I was playing is called "Heroes of Dire".

Dire.com

or

If you want to look into their other games:

Spellbook.com

About the game Heroes of Dire:

Hardcore was recently changed. I call it mediumcore. You no longer lose your character upon death. You lose a level and a random piece of equipped gear.

You can play the entire game solo and free. The battles are squad based and you choose the size. 3v3 6v6 9v9 or 12v12. I've heard guild battles can be 12v12v12v12 (48 total in one battle royale).

The combat uses a 120 sided dice roll. There be plenty of RNG.
...mobile game. lol
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
SuicideAll wrote:
The game fucking works. 60 FPS ALL DAY LONG.

Turn-based tactical RPG.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Turn-based tactical RPG.

Fuck man. It sucks to be you. Can't comprehend the main idea of a thread when the title is right in front of your face.

Fuck man. You pay all that money to a company that never listens to you.

Fuck man. You pay all that money and the game still crashes every single "major" patch.

Fuck man. You pay all that money and can't even turn shadows off.

Fuck man. You pay all that money and the company still asks for more.

Fuck man. I am so glad I am not you.
"
SuicideAll wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Turn-based tactical RPG.

Fuck man. It sucks to be you. Can't comprehend the main idea of a thread when the title is right in front of your face.

Fuck man. You pay all that money and the game still crashes every single "major" patch.

Triggered. :-)

If you're so unhappy here with PoE's developer GGG, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. Why the hate thread and F-everything? Just move on.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 7, 2017, 6:34:35 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Triggered. :-)

If you're so unhappy here with PoE's developer GGG, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. Why the hate thread and F-everything? Just move on.

You have the audacity to post in my thread without the reading comprehension to do so constructively. I PITY YOU. Feeling stupid all the time must suck. Maybe I can explain in a way you will understand.

Fuck man = pity

You are in an awful situation and I feel bad for you. Fuck man. Shit be rough yo.

This thread was actually pleasant until you showed up. So I have no clue why you are asking me "why the hate thread". I wish you would have just moved on.

Maybe there is an angry tone to my response. I apologize. I deal with "people" like you all the time and it gets old.

"
cipher_nemo wrote:

...mobile game. lol

This is the exact stupid trash I am so tired of dealing with. Welcome to 2017. We can play video games on a plethora of devices. Unlike most "mobile games", Heroes of Dire performs great on ALL the suported devices. AKA a good developer.
"
SuicideAll wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
SuicideAll wrote:

Turn-based tactical RPG.

Fuck man. PoE is still better.

Fuck man. What does that make you?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 7, 2017, 9:42:04 PM
"
SuicideAll wrote:
Welcome to 2017. We can play video games on a plethora of devices. Unlike most "mobile games", Heroes of Dire performs great on ALL the suported devices.
Because it is turn-based. As would PoE if it was turn-based. One of PoE's main problems is too much shit happening too fast, which can only happen in real-time games.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info