[3.0] Flaming Tornado (Inquistor Hegemony's Cyclone/anything)

Spoiler
"
wunshot wrote:
Hey bud...I love your build. Been playing it in this 2 week turmoil, and it's a blast. I find myself absolutely steamrolling, then out of nowhere I'll get killed in one or two quick shots. Typically it happens during breaches or other times when everything is so hectic that I cant really tell what is going on. I'm trying to toughen my guy up a bit, and I have a question. Does Ice Nova/Vortex actually provide any substantial benefit? The damage at level 4 is like 250, which seems like it wouldn't help in the least. I'm wondering if I would be better served by putting in other gems to help enfeeble. Maybe blasphemy and increased duration or something along those lines.

What do you think?

Thanks again.

Hey, nice to hear you like it. It's hard to tell about your deaths. Also, are you sure you keep your flasks on all the time? They provide a lot of protection.
About vortex, i've used Ice Nova because of bigger radius. But Vortex just have build in chill, so enemies that are near me are slowed, which adds up as additional defensive mechanism.

Eddit It shows that your Hege staff isn't 4-linked yet. But anyhow, maybe it is possible. Not sure how well it would work, but you can try to apply Enfeeble with Vengence and Curse on hit. Maybe that would solve your issue.

Try to use Basalt flask instead of diamond and make sure you always have fortify. Hope it will help you.

P.s. Was out for the weekend, I reply to all questions that appear here.
IGN: TasKitas
Last edited by TasKitas on Jul 24, 2017, 12:25:33 AM
Just want to say I manged to sort of finish this set-up after using it for about 2 weeks. What a great build this is. I had been using my own cyclone life/mana leech build that was starting to struggle end game so i looked for guides and followed this one. I don't have all the recommend gear but it seems to work well with the bits of gear I've been able to acquire.

The one major issue with this build is getting the six slot/linked body. Wasted a lot of orbs of fusing and chromatic orbs before giving up and just buying a six slot/linked body lol.

Last edited by Roosgar on Jul 24, 2017, 7:41:10 PM
I almost have all the item same as u, but why my dps still so low?
"
EricGGawan wrote:

Your character list is private and I can't check it. Make it viewable and I'll check
"
TasKitas wrote:
"
EricGGawan wrote:

Your character list is private and I can't check it. Make it viewable and I'll check

Done my friend
"
EricGGawan wrote:
"
TasKitas wrote:
"
EricGGawan wrote:

Done my friend

First of all, Lion's Roar flask is straight MORE damage source, so that adds up quite much. Furthermore, you gems are lvl 18 and without quality. Your damage will increase quite a lot when you'll reach lvl 20 and will get the quality.
You don't have any accuracy on your gear, so it makes lower tooltip dps, although it gets back when enemy is cursed with Poacher's Mark.
And finally - Diamond Rings

But without these, your damage should be sufficient enough, isn't it ?
Last edited by TasKitas on Aug 1, 2017, 5:34:36 PM

First of all, Lion's Roar flask is straight MORE damage source, so that adds up quite much. Furthermore, you gems are lvl 18 and without quality. Your damage will increase quite a lot when you'll reach lvl 20 and will get the quality.
You don't have any accuracy on your gear, so it makes lower tooltip dps, although it gets back when enemy is cursed with Poacher's Mark.
And finally - Diamond Rings

But without these, your damage should be sufficient enough, isn't it ?[/quote]

I chg to kaom's heart becuase of lack of hp, dps not very high around 60k
any changes for 3.0?
that's a first build i tried in poe, so i would like to go for 3.0 :)
Last edited by ImHashas on Aug 2, 2017, 7:42:19 AM
"
ImHashas wrote:
any changes for 3.0?

Well that Heral of Ash won't be working as it is now. Other than that, Cyclone should be fine. Will give it a test run when the league will be released, will see :)
What about our Bandits reward, we have only one choice now that they are removing both cruel and merciless difficulties in the game, so therefore you have to rework a bit of your bandit rewards. in all honestly, i think it's nice to remain with oak or get the two skill passive points from Eramir.

As noted from the patch notes:
"
"Helping Oak grants: 1% of Life Regenerated per second, 2% additional Physical Damage Reduction, 20% increased Physical Damage.
Helping Alira grants: 5 Mana Regenerated per second, +20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier, +15% to all Elemental Resistances.
Helping Kraityn grants: 6% increased Attack and Cast Speed, 3% chance to Dodge Attacks, 6% increased Movement Speed.
Eramir grants 2 Passive Skill Points if you decide to kill all three."

Also this change on "Elemental Damage Support Gem" has a small rework:

"
"The 'Elemental Damage with Weapons' stats that were found on the passive tree, items, and the Weapon Elemental Damage support have been replaced with 'Elemental Damage with Attack Skills'.
This has two notable effects:
These new stats now modify all of the damage dealt by Attack Skills, not just the attack damage. This means that Damage Over Time dealt by an attack skill, such as Ignite and Secondary Damage (including the explosion from Infernal Blow), will be affected as well. We've made this change to create a natural increase in Ignite damage for characters investing in Elemental Attacks, as a benefit for fire characters.
These stats now apply to Unarmed attacks. This was a necessary result of the change, but it also opens up new avenues for elemental unarmed attack builds."

As I've been leveling though with this build though act 4 and currently in Act 1 Cruel difficulties that's about to face against the prison boss again, this build has been very useful for me, however labyrinths are still a bitch to go though at level 46 on the normal difficulty of it, when I don't have any of the uniques or gear dropped yet.

"
TasKitas wrote:
"
ImHashas wrote:
any changes for 3.0?

Well that Herald of Ash won't be working as it is now. Other than that, Cyclone should be fine. Will give it a test run when the league will be released, will see :)

Please keep up to date with us on what changes you have gone though as you progress so we don't make any mistakes on the path. It won't be far for from us to reach though your "current" build and hate to see things go away that cost us 20+ regret tokens to get used to the new "current".
Last edited by darkedone02 on Aug 3, 2017, 12:44:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info