[3.0] Flaming Tornado (Inquistor Hegemony's Cyclone/anything)

Hello everyone!

Want share to my build which I play in BSC league

Updates:
Spoiler

2017-08-05
3.0 Update. Benefits of this Update:
Pros
• Improved Cyclone pathing
• More life on gear (My current gear doesn't have new modes - lower life)
• Hegemony's Era has more chance to block (12 > 18 %)
Cons
Herald of Ash doesn't work with Elemental Prolifiration anymore (used Increased area instead)
• Non-legacy Abyssus has less Crit multiplier (down to 100-125 %)
Misc
• Changed bandit's rewards. There are some up sides, such as crit multi from Alira or phys demage reduction from Oak, but we loose one free charge of our selection.
• Added 3.0 Gorge Video

2017-03-09
Upadated tree and 2.6 gameplay video
2017-03-04
[2.6] There aren't many changes for this build in 2.6. Area isn't infuenced that much since there is only 40% area increased with tree nodes and Dying Sun.
- On the contrary, buff for staff and staff nodes gives use more critical strike chance and chance to block. So in general, it should be alright, will upload a video few days after the new league.
- Also, since there are a lot of new threshold jewels presented, build should work well with it (skills such as Glaciar Hammer, which deal splash damage because of jewel)
2017-02-24
- Reacher lvl 91!
- Uul-Netol's Domain run video.
- Changed gem: Ice Nova > Vortex Even though area of effect is smaller, additional chill effect works really well.
- Managed to get Dying Sun flask which is huge boost to clear speed and overall it's even more fun to pay this build now.
2017-02-19
- Changed tree (more leech) and updated "reflect" video
- Items (Acuity and new chest) + Gorge video and reflect issue. Since don't use Rumi's, also changed the tree, refunded block nodes. Eddited "Items" section
2017-02-02
- Atziri video

Explanation
Spoiler
First of all, the ideas what lead to make it. Initially I wanted to maximize Herald of Ash abiility, later with some buff for it (example Increased area of Effect or Increased Burning damage) and just using Heavy Strike for strong initial hit melt all surounding trash mobs. Turns out it was very clumsy so I tried various other skills. Stayed up quite a while with Static Strike. I enjoyed it very much, except the irritating part that I couldn't proc effect from hitting the ground. Changed to skill to various others from colour green: Lithning Strike seemed promising, but then tried Flicker Strike. It's most entertaining thing i've did, but sadly it's a no no on bosses. Finally put Cyclone and clearining the content with it right now with help of Herald of Ash + Increased Area which gives increased area to kill trash monsters.

How it works:

With Dying Sun this area increases drastically since all isntances (cyclone, HoA) get's increased area by 30%

Pros and Cons

Spoiler

Pros:
• Everything is on FIRE!!!
• Clear speed is OK (not like vaal spark ofc)
• Mini Pahtfinder because of Poacher's mark
• Inquistor ignores resistances

Cons
• Can be expensive, since needs Atziri's Acuitys to use it on full power
• Can't do reflect (Ruby flask is mandatory, Atziri's Acuitys strongly recommended; more in "Reflect" video)
• Abussys and Hegemony's Era is expensive at the beggining of league
• Abyssus - incraesed damage taken (careful on traps)
• Melee
• Not meta

Playing guide from the beggining

At the beggining:
Spoiler

• Get Molten Strike
• Get Two handed weapon
• Level and get Sunder which will last untill Cyclone
• Trasnfer to Cyclone when have enough DEX and 30 Movement Speed boots (if not confortable yet, always can get back to sunder and level some more)
• Pick Avatar of Fire around the time you start maping, and have atleast 5L and Ruby flask
• At lvl 68 get Hegemony's Era which is main item of the build. It's price at the beggining of the league is quite high, but it drops quickly.

Reflect: Once in a while you'll stumble upon rare monster with reflect. Not always it will lead to death, but having Ruby flask running will protect against reflects death's (careful on -max resist maps). Since reflect is only on rare mosnters, it's easy so maintain Ruby flask with Poacher's mark - rare monsters are surounded by trash monsters - flask charges (more in reflect video). Additional option is to use Sibyl's Lament ring (recommend to use it together with Ruby flask). It just simply reduces reflected damage once it is in the right ring slot.

Bandits: Oak for defensive, Alira for crit multi or just take two skill points

Skill tree

Labyrinth
Spoiler

Righteous Providence > Inevitable Judgement > Augury of Penitence > Instruments of Virtue

I strongly recommend to take off Abyssus for lab runs, trap damage is insane with this helmet. Instead use Formless Inferno (note the -30 Fire Resistance):

Skill gems
Spoiler

Chest: Cyclone + Weapon elemental damage + Added fire damage + Increased Critical Strikes + Melee physical damage + 6th Physical to Lightning (maybe there are better ones, but this raises DPS a lot)
Weapon: Cast when damage takes LVL 1 + Vortex lvl 4 (20% quality for larger area) (or ice nova, for larger area but no chill) + Curse on hit + Enfeeble | Vengeance + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun / (Right now trying Vaal breach instead) / Power Charge on Critical Strike / or Onslaught support (can use different flask then)
This way it is possible to have low lvl CWDT and high lvl Enfeeble curse
Helmet: Leap Slam + Fotify + Faster Attacks + Endurance Charge on Melee Stun
Gloves: Cast when Damage taken + Immortal Call + Molten Shell + Summon Ice Golem (all max lvl)
Boots: Blasphemy + Poeacher's mark + Herald of Ash + Increased Area/Burning damage or any other preference (Idealy Boots should be not 4 linked, but 2 links + 2 link. I'm using Increased area and it supports Poacher's mark too, therefore I have left with very little mana unreserved. Still playable, just not enough mana for Leap Slam if i'm using it more than few times.
Key gems:

• Poacher's mark allows us to pay less attention to Accuracy and also provides other good bonuses such as increased flask charges gained and life/mana on hit (mana especially for early game)
• Weapon setup let's self cast high level Enfeeble curse while having frequently activating lvl 1 Cast when damage takes

Items
Spoiler
Key item:

Hegemony's Era: High DPS and high Crit chance weapon enables to go Critical Strikes route as well as provides Power Charge generation as well as +1 Maximum Power Charges

Helmet: Any rare helmet or for survivability The Formless Inferno (also this helmet is very good in labyrinth)
Another option is Abyssus: 200+ Critical multiplier speaks for itself + Physical damage to attacks on legacy. Current one has 100-125% not as much, but a bit safer due to reflect. Of course cons - Increased Physical damage taken. For that reason I don't recommend to wear Abyssus when running Labyrinth and also, this helmet gives high damage boost, which makes it dangerous regarding to reflect.

Gloves: Idealy Atziri's Acuity, but usual rare gloves with some physical damage or attack speed, life and resistances will do

Boots: 30% Movement speed, life and all the resistances you can get +dex if possible

Belt: Life, resistances, elemental damage with weapons

Rings: Diamond rings with life and resistances (+ other missing attributes and damage if possible)

Also this ring, really solid option to avoid reflect and on top of that, it still gives some damage and life

Amulets: Get critical multiplier, change damage and missing attributes

Chest: Armour, life, resistances

Jewels. look for these stats:
• Maximum life
• Fire damage (got to get atleast a bit of duoble dipping)
• Anything else you miss (Crit multi, Damage, attack speed, resists/atributtes

My current items
Spoiler

Recent upgrades

So far My biggers Achievement is Hydra, killed during my first Guardian run ever (used 5 TP because of bad dodging skills)

Spoiler

Tooltips and Stats

Spoiler

DPS and Defence: all charges and flasks [Only now noticed it was ele weakness, that's why lightning is not capped]

Videos

Will gladly answer any questions and also
I'm still working to polish this build so would really appreciate insights and feedback

Have a nice day Exile
IGN: TasKitas
Last edited by TasKitas on Aug 6, 2017, 5:17:23 PM
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2017, 12:48:26 AM
Updated: Tooltips and Normal Atziri video
Got a few questions.

1) It looks like you're not converting all your damage to fire? But you do have Avatar of Fire. The only damage you're missing out on is 50% of your lightning damage, which is 50% of your phys damage + the 29% added from PtL gem. It doesn't look like you're lacking damage, I'm just curious why you went for Avatar of Fire when Inquisitor doesn't care what kind of elemental damage you have (and phys doesn't need to worry about resists anyway).

2) Cyclone over EQ? Is it a playstyle preference? EQ seems like the better combo with AoF and HoA (bigger ignites), but it does get less value out of Poacher's Mark.

3) No Diamond Flask? 75% crit is passable, but with diamond you'd be ~critcapped. What would you think about replacing Rumi's?

Overall, very cool and pretty build :3 I'd watch map clears if you posted'em!
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Got a few questions.

1) It looks like you're not converting all your damage to fire? But you do have Avatar of Fire. The only damage you're missing out on is 50% of your lightning damage, which is 50% of your phys damage + the 29% added from PtL gem. It doesn't look like you're lacking damage, I'm just curious why you went for Avatar of Fire when Inquisitor doesn't care what kind of elemental damage you have (and phys doesn't need to worry about resists anyway).

2) Cyclone over EQ? Is it a playstyle preference? EQ seems like the better combo with AoF and HoA (bigger ignites), but it does get less value out of Poacher's Mark.

3) No Diamond Flask? 75% crit is passable, but with diamond you'd be ~critcapped. What would you think about replacing Rumi's?

Overall, very cool and pretty build :3 I'd watch map clears if you posted'em!

1) I choose Avatar of Fire for bigger burns (although not sure how much it is effective, just want to fully use Inquistor elemental bonuses)
2) You're right, I just don't really like EQ playstyle
3) Was thinking to change Rumi's to something, good idea to go for crit, especially since I just got Acuity's. Will try it, thanks!
Curretnly making a video, so it will be soon :)
Hello there,

I am interested in putting your build up onto the listing as you have requested, but I believe the reflect issue is somewhat concerning. Can you design or establish any method to make your build safer for reflect monsters, as they certainly occur frequently enough in even the regular game? I realize you're looking at Poacher's Mark and as much damage auras etc as possible, but without considering this issue with reflect I believe this guide will simply lead people to disappointing outcomes. Remember that a build guide is for players who can benefit from being guided into game mechanics they otherwise have not mastered yet, and as such guides should attempt to be all-inclusive of player killing mechanics.

Purity of Fire, a Ruby flask, or even warlord's mark could be alternatives that you can offer to players who share my concern.

I would like to post your build guide, as soon as you add these options or devise your own approach to this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can add it to the listing.

Cheers!
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
Hello there,

I am interested in putting your build up onto the listing as you have requested, but I believe the reflect issue is somewhat concerning. Can you design or establish any method to make your build safer for reflect monsters, as they certainly occur frequently enough in even the regular game? I realize you're looking at Poacher's Mark and as much damage auras etc as possible, but without considering this issue with reflect I believe this guide will simply lead people to disappointing outcomes. Remember that a build guide is for players who can benefit from being guided into game mechanics they otherwise have not mastered yet, and as such guides should attempt to be all-inclusive of player killing mechanics.

Purity of Fire, a Ruby flask, or even warlord's mark could be alternatives that you can offer to players who share my concern.

I would like to post your build guide, as soon as you add these options or devise your own approach to this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can add it to the listing.

Cheers!

Hello,

I've tested and posted a vidoe related to reflect problem. Since it's hard to find that single rare mosnter with reflect mode, I just run Arsenal elemental reflect map. There's huge difference between with and without ruby flask and furthermore, with Acuity. Haven't met a reflect mob in it's nature yet (or didn't noticed if I did), but so far no deaths like that.

Without acuity, looks really potentially scary.

I'm posting the build guide up, but requiring acuity significantly pushes up the price of the build.

Which is fine, just maybe add that players can opt to lower their damage somewhat by running PoF before they acquire them.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
RIP AOE?
"
H4xolotl wrote:
RIP AOE?

Maybe a little bit, there isn't that many sources of increased area on this build (10% on tree and recently Dying Sun) although cyclone itself will have smaller area. Will see it after the update
Question: why does the video say prolif in it? Doesn't look like there's any prolif in the build.
Anarchy IGN: HELICOPTERLOL//MooseCowOink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info