[2.5] Leech/IC Tank Pledge Poison BV Berserker (guardians, uber lab, 1.7M peak dps)

Lag-proof Pledge of Hands Double Dipping Poison Vaal Pact Immortal Call Blade Vortex Berserker

Because of my computer's poor performance (a lot of fps lag), this is the only build I feel satisfied leveling above 90 because of Berserker's built in anti-lag mechanics. Unfortunately, as a result of recent performance patches, I can't record video anymore.

Build Summary
- Use Pledge of Hands with Kaom's Heart for a damage 7L with ~7.3-7.5k life at level 91.
- Get Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact for instant leech when you take heavy damage.
- Use a high level CwDT setup to instaleech to full life in tricky situations (also makes build very lag resiliant).
- Use poison double dipping mechanics to scale good damage (Berserker's 40% more is great).
- Two setups: pure damage and physical mitigation (luxury).
- Physical mitigation setup combines Voll's Devotion, Romira's Banquet, CwDT Immortal Call for almost 100% uptime on Immortal Call. Note that this is a luxury setup to make heavily physical bosses very easy.
- 1.5ex to easily clear any T15- map (except maybe Core and Dark Forest)
- 4.5ex to get the Guardian killing physical mitigation setup running.

What have I done on this build?
- Minotaur (deathless, just sit and facetank with physical mitigation setup)
- Chimera (deathless, just sit and facetank with physical mitigation setup)
- Hydra (deathless, physical mitigation setup)
- Phoenix (not deathless, I'm bad at dodging his charge up attack)
- All T15's (deathless)
- Regular Atziri (deathless)
- Uber Lab (full key runs, see section below)
- Vaal Temple (not deathless. Completed on 2 player HP with no help from other player, but this was before I had the physical mitigation setup)

Things I'd like to try
- Shaper (probably possible with some practice)
- Uber Atziri (first attempt failed at last split phase. Vaals/Trio are easy, Atziri is hard.)

Budgeting and Suggested Gear Progression
Spoiler
Below are various power levels that you can achieve with this build, marked by milestones in gear upgrades. I suggest upgrading your gear in the progression outlined below. You can skip to later versions if you have the money.

I made this build on Standard, so I'll use Standard prices for everything. Note that prices fluctuate all the time, especially for uncommon items like Natural Hierarchy, so these prices are only a guideline. Just so you guys know what's coming up, the total cost of my gear is 12-15ex. The amount of money you'd need to spend to do Mino, Hydra, and Chimera deathless with little experience in any fight is 4.5ex.

I assume you have adequate life/resistance gear in every slot (in later stages of the build, this could cost you about 5c for each slot if you're buying everything from scratch).

1. Minimum setup (total cost: 1c)
4L Pledge of Hands: 1c

2. 5L Pledge (total cost: 45c)
5L Pledge of Hands: 45c for 150+ roll

3. Belly of the Beast (total cost: 56c)
Belly of the Beast: 11c for 150+ roll (lets you run another CwDT setup!)

4. Kaom's Heart (total cost: 135c) <- You can do T15-, Uber Lab, Atziri
Kaom's Heart: 1ex

5a. 6L Pledge (total cost: 6-7ex)
6L Pledge of Hands: 5-6ex

5b. Physical Mitigation Setup Only (total cost: 4.5ex) <- You can do all T16's
Voll's Devotion: 3ex
Romira's Banquet: 1c

6a. Natural Hierarchy (total cost: 9-12ex) <- ~20% more damage vs Shaper, Uber Atziri
Natural Hierarchy: 3-5ex

6b. Physical Mitigation Setup 6L Pledge (total cost: 9-10ex)

7. Both Setups (total cost: 12-15ex) <- Do everything?
5L Pledge of Hands: 5-6ex
Natural Hierarchy: 3-5ex

Note that if you're looking to do Guardians and other hard physical content, I'd recommend speccing into the Physical Mitigation Setup as soon as you get your Kaom's Heart, as the last link on Pledge of Hands is not really needed to obtain adequate damage (so go from 4 to 5b to 6b).

Map Mods
Spoiler

Avoid:
- Cannot Leech: you can't do it.
- Physical Reflect: yes, you can do this deathless, but I fail more often than I succeed.
- Many added elemental damage mods, especially when combined with -max resistances: you're not CI, so elemental damage can and will kill you.

Careful/Annoying:
- 90% chance to avoid poison: you'll do a lot less damage
- Shocked ground: I advise changing your quicksilver to a quicksilver of grounding.
- Any damage mods on guardians: use your best judgement. We only have a 6.7k effective life pool.

DPS
Spoiler

Pure damage setup (Natural Hierarchy)
- 160k hit dps with Conc Effect (not counting poison and elemental additions)
- 860k dps with Witchfire Brew, Conc Effect
- 1.7M dps with Witchfire Brew, Conc Effect, Wither Totem

Physical mitigation setup (Voll's Devotion + Romira's)
- 146k hit dps with Conc Effect (not counting poison and elemental additions)
- 700k dps with Witchfire Brew, Conc Effect
- 1.4M dps with Witchfire Brew, Conc Effect, Wither Totem

Gem Links
Spoiler

Pledge of Hands: Blade Vortex - Inc AoE - Poison - CD - (Added Chaos) - (Void Manip / Added Fire / Increased Duration)

The 6th link here is really up to how lucky you are when coloring your pledge as well as what type of content you want to tackle. I didn't feel like rerolling my pledge and stuck with added fire, which does a fine job of helping clear trash.

Increased Duration is the best choice against tough bosses that aren't poison immune, with the possible exception of Uber Atziri.

4L: CwDT (lvl 20) - Bladefall (lvl 20) - Conc Effect - Ethereal Knives (lvl 20)

Your emergency instaleech setup heals you to full whenever you take heavy damage. This setup will let you AFK tank trash mobs for decent periods of time. Be aware that very tanky mobs that do not hit hard enough to proc Cloaked in Savagery will kill you given enough time.

4L: CwDT (lvl 9) - Vortex (lvl 1) - Immortal Call (lvl 10) - Increased Duration (lvl 20)

4L Abyssal Cry: Abyssal Cry - Inc AoE - Poison - Void Manip / Green Aura
3L + 1L Wither Totem: Wither - FC - Spell Totem + Green Aura

Swap between the above two setups depending on the situation. I swap in the wither totem setup on harder bosses (T15+).

1L (unset): Green Aura

Choose your green aura of choice from: Hatred, Arctic Armour, Haste. When you use the wither totem setup, you can run Arctic Amour + one of the other two. Typically, I run Hatred for harder content and Haste for easier content (or when I need mobility).

Passive Tree and Bandits
Spoiler
I respecced this character at level 82, so I don't really know how leveling feels like with this build. Here are some suggested trees:

53 points

77 points (~level 60)

100 points (level 80)

111 points (level 91)

Bandits:

Help Oak in All Difficulties

Ascendancy Order:

Pain Reaver -> Cloaked in Savagery -> Crave the Slaughter -> Aspect of Carnage

Gear
Spoiler

Pure damage setup:

Physical mitigation setup:

Swap amulet and unset ring for:

Other useful swaps:

Wither totem + AA for tougher bosses:

Void manipulation as last link instead of Haste in Abyssal Cry:

Jewels:

Priority:
1. Life
2. Area Damage
3. Damage
4. Spell Damage
5. Physical Damage
6. Chaos Damage
7. Damage over Time

If you're on softcore and don't mind the occasional death (aka me), feel free to skimp on life on some of your jewels. I'm using 2 life jewels, 3 damage jewels, with some resistances on all of them. If I swapped my damage jewels for 3 6% life jewels, I'd be able to reach 8k life at level 91.

I also recommend taking a you cannot be silenced jewel (this'll prevent the occasional death to strongbox / torment).

Uber Lab
Spoiler
I use this character to run uber labyrinth whenever the layout for a given day is good. There are only a few things that you need to change to optimize your runs:

1. Take off your Kaom's Heart when not fighting Argus / Izaro. Traps do % life damage. Alternatively, wear a Bloodgrip and you won't need to take off the Kaom's.
2. Replace Doedre's Elixir with a Life Flask of Staunching.
3. Run Haste instead of Hatred. You can run AA as well for the last stage.
4. Get as many keys per run as you can easily do. I haven't found a setup that I wasn't able to facetank in the final stage.

This character will easily do full key runs.

[2.1] Harvest Blade Vortex - 70% phys mitigation perma flask build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1564887
[1.2] Naked Marauder Build - end game build with no clothes!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1031339
Last edited by hypernegus on Feb 6, 2017, 10:02:31 PM
Last bumped on Feb 13, 2017, 1:29:11 AM
Reserved.
This seems like a fun build to try out, although, one of the things im wondering about is your physical mitigation setup. With the ring, you gain power charges from bv, but how do u get rid of them so u can get endurance charges with volls if u just keep getting charges from the ring while using controlled destruction? Secondly, is there a preference to path either left or right to get vaal pact while leveling?
@billions911

You get rid of the power charges by critting, which removes all your power charges via Romira's secondary effect. I've updated my passive tree to spec into an extra power charge to make endurance charge generation more consistent (removed the reduced flask charges used nodes).

You'll end up with a crit chance of around 13% with all 4 power charges. Against bosses, you'll be hitting 5 times a second, so you're expected to crit and gain 4 endurance charges once every 1.5 seconds or so. There's a 12% chance that you don't crit at all for 3 seconds in a row, so occasionally you might find yourself with no endurance charges - however, there's a very large chance your instant leech will save you regardless if you get hit.

I respecced this character from one of my level 82 marauders I found lying around, so I haven't experienced leveling myself. My best guess as to how to level this build would be the following:

1. Head straight for the Templar area nodes
2. Grab the duration nodes
3. Get Vaal Pact
4. Grab the damage nodes in the Shadow area (but not the ones leading to shadow start)
5. Get the Witch area nodes
6. Get all remaining life
7. Get the shadow starting damage nodes

Ascendancy order should be Cloaked In Savagery -> Aspect of Carnage (instant leech makes Uber Izaro way easier).

Two to three good jewels will help a lot while leveling! The damage nodes on our tree lie mostly in the shadow area, and we won't be getting them for a while.

Edit: Added leveling trees to passive skill tree section, though I've never tested these personally.
Last edited by hypernegus on Feb 1, 2017, 10:12:32 PM
"Bandits:

Kill Oak in All Difficulties"

Who you help then? Or you kill all?
"
kaatis1 wrote:
"Bandits:

Kill Oak in All Difficulties"

Who you help then? Or you kill all?

That should be help Oak in all difficulties. My bad.
Thanks for the explanation, I didn't realise the crit chance was that high to proc voll's. One of the things I noticed is that we opted to not path to unwavering stance (and thus,potentially bloodless). Is the immunity to stuns not worth it for bv since your tanking hits so often?
Personally, I find that stun immunity isn't needed at all on this build. Your leech CwDT defense still procs when you're stunned, and Blade Vortex also continues to do damage (allowing you to leech) even if you are stunned. Since you have enough cast speed to stack your blade vortex above 20, being stunned once in a while by a boss doesn't prevent you from maintaining max stacks.
Just tried Uber Atziri and failed on the last split phase. Vaals, Trio, and Trash are all very easy, but you have to dodge every flameblast and the lack of a movement skill makes that pretty difficult. I'm pretty sure with some practice that I'll be able to do Uber Atziri, though deathless might be a bit of stretch (really comes down to skill).

I actually cleared everything up to Atziri using a level 2 blade vortex (I was practicing on normal atziri with it earlier). Added Chaos damage can carry hard.
Last edited by hypernegus on Feb 2, 2017, 3:35:05 AM
replacement for the talisman on BSC?
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info