[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
msterry wrote:
"

"
if I dont want to use CWDT on my bone offering+duration, what other support gem can I use for BO?

Hey!

You can link Bone Offering as :

Scorching Ray -> Cast While Channeling -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering

This keeps Bone Offering up all the time, while guiding Golems to fight and lowers enemys Fire Resistance. Scorching Ray doesnt hit, so it doesn't mess with Elemental Equilibrium ;)

any other support skills that bone offering works with aside from duration?

If you want to maximise golems dps, you can put flesh offering instead of bone offering, i made my whole 97th level deathless with Scorching Ray > Cast while channeling > Flesh offering
Last edited by kami_koi on Aug 27, 2017, 8:11:01 PM
This is my first time using animate guardians. How durable is the guardian with the gear equipped? I don't plan on using it for T16/Shaper etc, but I just would like to get a general gist of the limits so I dont lose the 20-30C of gear I put on it.

Thanks
I sell Mathil feet pics
Hi there, if i'm not going to be totally gearing my animate guardian with expensive gear (just Zahndethus chest and leer cast for helm along with other random rares) is it still worth using? Or should I use that 4 link for something else?
IGN BeeepImaJeep
Great guide.

However, I have a few questions.

What's your opinion on grabbing Zealot Oath for synergy with Stone Golem and the Animate Guardian's Consecrated Ground. I've been running the Stone Golem to proc the increased damage from the Primordial Harmonies.

Also, how well does fortify work as a poor-man's Empower for the Animate Guardian.

Additionally, I was thinking of dropping Tempest Shield/Consecrate in the CwDT setup for a lightning warp setup.

Thoughts?
Hey i got a question for the Jewls.

I already got Anima Stone, 1x p.. Might and 2x P.Harmony (so i got my 4 Golems).
For the next improvement in DMG shall i ger more P. Harmony or the yellow jewls with inc minion dmg and resis?

Another question, my gems for Golems are about lvl 17-18. Is it already worth to use Empower (In Tabu) or shall i stick with FirePen untill all gems are lvl 20.
"
mika2salo wrote:
Hi :)

Just checked the "Paragon Of Calamity" and noticed the 8% less elemental damage taken. It's more closer to minor gods from Pantheon that full Ascendancy nodes, but ill take back that all rest of Ascendancy nodes are useless. At least 4/8 Ascendancy nodes are doing something which is not that bad.

The cast speed nodes also provide a small (like tiny) benefit. The faster you cast, the less time you stand still and give monsters a chance to hit you.

"
Herd of flock and Ele resistance Jewels are needed for AG even when using Elementalist. AG gives tons of benefits that can compete for a few seconds faster boss kill time by Primordial Harmonies but its a matter of taste between passive defense vs offense / active defense.

Well, if we're talking faster kills, I think a genuine 20/20 Elemental Weakness will provide quite a lot more offensive value than 11/0 EW on hit without the need to consider minion survivability. Plus, you can save those AG gem slots for other defense/utility.

It's also far easier to swap curses depending on situation with dual Curse On Hit setup. Want more survivability? Spend a few chromes to swap in Enfeeble/TempChains. Want more offense? Go with EleWeakness/Flamm. AG does provide another meat shield though, so I guess there's that?

"
"15% increased cooldown rate (absolutely critical mod unavailable on a rare jewel)" I'm interested if this affects Flame Golems in anyway. As far as I know they have no cooldown in any skill they have.

This is actually really easy to test (video). You can also check the recast/cooldown numbers with POB. They should go up/down as you add/remove Harmonies.
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Aug 28, 2017, 6:53:04 AM
"
msterry wrote:
"

"
if I dont want to use CWDT on my bone offering+duration, what other support gem can I use for BO?

Hey!

You can link Bone Offering as :

Scorching Ray -> Cast While Channeling -> Desecrate -> Bone Offering

This keeps Bone Offering up all the time, while guiding Golems to fight and lowers enemys Fire Resistance. Scorching Ray doesnt hit, so it doesn't mess with Elemental Equilibrium ;)

any other support skills that bone offering works with aside from duration?

"
If you want to maximise golems dps, you can put flesh offering instead of bone offering, i made my whole 97th level deathless with Scorching Ray > Cast while channeling > Flesh offering

Hi :)

Those links seem to works great for many players. I tested that it really keeps Bone Offering up and drops Fire res without messing with EE, but never really played more with it in high tier maps. Will be testing it later to see how good it works :)

"
This is my first time using animate guardians. How durable is the guardian with the gear equipped? I don't plan on using it for T16/Shaper etc, but I just would like to get a general gist of the limits so I dont lose the 20-30C of gear I put on it.

Thanks

"
Hi there, if i'm not going to be totally gearing my animate guardian with expensive gear (just Zahndethus chest and leer cast for helm along with other random rares) is it still worth using? Or should I use that 4 link for something else?

Hey!

Level 27 AG can tank almost anything except Vaal Temple boss, Overgrown Ruin boss with damage mods, Hall of GM. Rest of the content is ok.

With about level 23 AG which is relatively cheap to get I would recommend taking it out of Vaal Temple boss, Overgrown Ruin boss with damage mods, Hall of GM, Uber Atziri and Shaper. Rest of map bosses should be ok.

Huge blast spike damage (Uber Atziri, Overgrown Ruin boss) and Damage over time (Vaal Temple boss) are AG's worst enemies. If it takes huge damage in short time, it cant regenerate back. Damage over time is very bad if it stacks as AG can't block it and cant regen faster.

AG us very tanky if you start using it at level 20. You can run almost any map bosses with it. Just take it easy at start and see how it survives ;)

With cheaper gear AG can still do almost all normal map bosses, maybe drop it on Core map boss. You can also make AG an offensive party buff with super cheap gear for maps equipping it :
- The Dying Breath (18% damage as aura, 18% curse effectiveness)
- Leer Cast (15% damage as aura)
- Victarios Flight (10% movement speed as aura)

"
Great guide.

However, I have a few questions.

What's your opinion on grabbing Zealot Oath for synergy with Stone Golem and the Animate Guardian's Consecrated Ground. I've been running the Stone Golem to proc the increased damage from the Primordial Harmonies.

Also, how well does fortify work as a poor-man's Empower for the Animate Guardian.

Additionally, I was thinking of dropping Tempest Shield/Consecrate in the CwDT setup for a lightning warp setup.

Thoughts?

Hey and thanks for support :)

selecting Zealoths oath or not selecting it is matter of taste. With it you can run burning ground maps easier as burning ground wont stop the ES regen all the time. Without it you can run Desecrated ground and chaos damage maps easier as the chaos damage wont drain your 2k HP buffer empty all the time.

I reasoned that its easier to regenerate ES on burning ground maps that to drink flask all the map while doing any chaos damage maps. The regen is so low with Zealoths oath that its only good to heal burning ground, bleed and other DOT effects are still as dangerous as before.

Cast When Damage Takens "Desecrate" is pretty much needed if you are using "Bone Offer" or it wont have corpses to trigger. Tempest shield is droppable for Lightning Warp, but make sure you level it over CWDT level as you don't want to be auto-teleporting to enemy groups :P

"
Hey i got a question for the Jewls.

I already got Anima Stone, 1x p.. Might and 2x P.Harmony (so i got my 4 Golems).
For the next improvement in DMG shall i ger more P. Harmony or the yellow jewls with inc minion dmg and resis?

Another question, my gems for Golems are about lvl 17-18. Is it already worth to use Empower (In Tabu) or shall i stick with FirePen untill all gems are lvl 20.

Hello :)

Best improvement to damage is to buy level 20/20 corrupt Flame Golem and use Empower if its at least level 3. Golems base level is most significant damage boost for them.

Rare jewels are great for capping Golems elemental resistance and giving them almost same damage as Primordial Harmony. It's more useful to get 2x Rare jewels first, and then stack more Primordial Harmonies.

Fire Pene is better to use until Empower is at least level 3.

"
Well, if we're talking faster kills, I think a genuine 20/20 Elemental Weakness will provide quite a lot more offensive value than 11/0 EW on hit without the need to consider minion survivability. Plus, you can save those AG gem slots for other defense/utility.

It's also far easier to swap curses depending on situation with dual Curse On Hit setup. Want more survivability? Spend a few chromes to swap in Enfeeble/TempChains. Want more offense? Go with EleWeakness/Flamm. AG does provide another meat shield though, so I guess there's that?

Hi!

Bosses have such huge curse reduction that active Elemental Weankess curse doesn't add much to the table.

Temporal Chains at -75% is so noticeable that even bosses slow considerable with their huge reduction. AGs hinder and maim seems to affect bosses nearly full force, so you cant get that slow effect from anywhere else that AG gives.

"
This is actually really easy to test (video). You can also check the recast/cooldown numbers with POB. They should go up/down as you add/remove Harmonies.

Tested Jewels myself and checked Pob, and now I know why I never noticed cooldown on Golems. Seems that all their skill have about 6 second cooldown, but they use multiple seconds casting the skills. This almost last until 50% of cooldown and then about 5 Primordial Harmonies drops cooldown about 1/2. This allows Golems cast new orbs almost as soon as earlier cast is complete.

Golems also switch skills depending on range. During the few seconds cooldown with 5x Primordial harmonies situation has almost always changed to melee after few shots of Magma Orb. Golems will cycle Flame Wave and Immolate near the target, so cooldowns don't matter as casting each of the skills takes enough time for next one to be ready.

Other Golems like Stone Golems (Taunt) and Ice Golems (Roll attack) are more noticable with cooldown reduction.

Btw, have you actually tested the build yourself?
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 28, 2017, 5:10:17 PM
in tips u wrote "we will have cap block depends on roll of Rumi 10-40". But rumi max now just 20...so it wont be capped block (
Is there a point in using the 3.0 Infernal Mantle over Skin of the Loyal? You lose 1 level on support gems and golem (from empower), are not allowed to reserve over 70% of your mana because of increased spell damage taken, and in my PoB simulation, when using Presence of Chayula along with some mediocre endgame gear, you end up having less than 200 extra ES with Infernal Mantle (without Presence of Chayula, ES gain from Skin of the Loyal is still vastly inferior, but I'm referring to the endgame scenario).

Did I miss anything?
Instead of Ball Lightning + Spell Totem, can I use Orbs of Storm instead? 1 less socket.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info