[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Apok78 wrote:
Will this Guide be updated for 3.15?
Would love to play my FlameGolemancer again.

I don't think Mika is very active in the thread nowadays. But sadly flame golems have been struggling for a while now. At least compared to phys golems like Carrion or Stone golems. Flame golem damage has been indirectly nerfed over the last 18 month or so through buffs to enemy and boss health as well as their resistances whilst flame golems haven't seen any buffs at all. They already had a bit of a damage issue even with moderate investment and I would think this latest round of nerfs will make them even less competitive. I ccould definitely see them struggling in even low red maps to clear some of the Expeditions and Maven boss encounters.

I'm sure if you really want to make them work and are willing to throw a bunch of currency at them you can probably get them clearing red maps ok. But investing that same currency in almost any other minion build will probably get you a better build overall.
Just hit level 87 last night with this build (Check my profile for gear)

My thoughts on this build in 3.15:

Cons:
-Quite weaker than it used to be back before Carrion Golems existed
-Single target damage is not great, and a 6 link Specter helmet is almost mandatory
-Empowers price this league is about 110c for a level 1
-Cast While Channeling - Winter Orb - Desecrate - Bone Offering is not possible to do without committing to getting +mana on gear after you have an Enhance on your curses due to Bone Offering costing 30+ mana

Pros:
-VERY cheap to get started. The correct colors for Skin of the Loyal is less than 20 chaos. It's hard to beat that for a 6 link item that also has +1 all socketed gems. I bought a 21/23 Flame Golem for 5 chaos.
-Amazing clear speed. Shield charge through packs nonstop, cast Convocation on cooldown, only turn back to grab item drops
-Great for the league mechanic. You can ignore everything except "immune to fire"
-Great mapper. You can ignore literally every single map mod. No regen is a bit annoying just because you need a mana flask to shield charge constantly, but otherwise nothing is bad to run.
-Very easy to gear. I know I said it's cheap, but it's also easy. Other than Clayshaper (1c), Victarios Charity (1c), Skin of the Loyal (20c max), and a Specter helmet (mine was 15c) you only care about defenses. No crit multi jewelry. No influenced mods needed, just ES, resists, and some STR/DEX.

Overall if you enjoy the playstyle it's definitely a nice way to build up your atlas, and if you really want to commit to putting a lot of money in gear you do have some high end gear potential to save up for, such as a 6/7 link +3 minions helmet for your specter.
Thanks Adam for your thoughts playing the build in 3.15 (not many do I guess).

But now that their damage is up 30% in 3.16 will it be more end-game viable?
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Thanks Adam for your thoughts playing the build in 3.15 (not many do I guess).

But now that their damage is up 30% in 3.16 will it be more end-game viable?

with EE nerf we have anyway less dps then 3.15.
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
hey flame golem fans, just visiting this thread from time to time to check up on any fresh ideas :)
hope fully some day those red balls prosper again!
what i started to think of is if there is a way to somehow make an army of burning/ spreading dot golems...think i saw some item this league (not infernal legion) but forgot now
Hope everyone that played had a good Scourge league. Would love to see a substantial buff to the build next league. One of my favorite builds from a long time ago.
hello: just wanted to know if the guild is still active.

ty
just a question, why did you not take any mastery in the skill tree? they dont worth it for golems?
"
just a question, why did you not take any mastery in the skill tree? they dont worth it for golems?

The build guide is from 3.14. No masteries then.
So what's this build looking like for the upcoming league? Like to do a golem build.
And the white guys says, I'll have a Coke then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info