[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hey Mika,

Just finished buying the gear to transition to ES / Life. Went pretty budget as I want to start buying the bits for another build.

Spoiler

Was aiming for 7.5k EHP but ended up with 8.8k EHP which considering the amount of MF items I am using seems pretty good IMO. 3.2k life & 21% Chaos res which with my Amethyst flask goes up to 55% ish. 5.6k ES makes up the rest. Still only lvl 89 so got a bit more room to get that up even more although I'll probably just aim to hit lvl 92 and then grab the 4 point jewel slot.

Pleased to get the TC helm enchant for next to nothing. I guess people feel the nerf makes it less useful. TC still seems pretty good to me though vs trash which is usually the stuff that will kill you whilst charging through memories or incursions. Actually with Phase (and temp chains) run nothing ever really hits me in the memories and I just run around looking for the memory stabilisers constantly phased.

I'm practically ignoring the memory nexus entirely though at this point. Not really a big fan of the mechanic. I'll maybe have more of a play later in the league but atm given the amount of breaks there already are that stop you from mapping like delve when you hit sulphite cap, syndicate stuff, Incursions and temple...etc. Having another thing to take you away from mapping just feels like one thing too many for me at this point.

Anyway, once again golems feel pretty amazing this league!!
Hi friend's..

Now that 3.6 is out I have decided not to play synthesis league.
So now my character is in standard, I logged in and passive skills are reset.

So followed the tree and If I dont get dex nodes from the tree I can't use my gear. im 50 points short while in betrayal league all was perfect. hmm..

Can you please advise me on my passive tree, and My gear. im lvl 90 so I am a few skill points short.

Im will to take my player to endgame gear I have gathered alot of currency of the past months..

Thanks

Please check my profile character name Fearless_Witch
Last edited by mojo8850 on Mar 19, 2019, 5:30:54 PM
"
Hi Mika,

Thx for the advice. I've not really tried staying close to the Synds so I will give that a go. You seem to need to be a little close for the golems to actually keep attacking them (or at least keep line of sight to them). I think this will work best when I have ~7k+ EHP. Having 5k atm just feels like any hit will one-shot but I do try to keep phase run up. Using storm brand is a good idea though as I do currently use arc and that breaks phase run. I'll give storm brand a go in it's place.

I'm going to stack as much chaos res as I can but I'm limited to just 3 bits of rare gear and the amulet slot is also used up so I'm estimating maybe getting 30% on belt and then two crafted chaos res / elemental res on the shield and helmet. That puts me to +10%. I then pick up 20% on the tree to get +30%. I'll probably keep my amethyst flask of warding just to get it up to a decent level and so I hope chaos res will be ok!

I've been fairly lucky this league in that I haven't experienced any crashing as yet. Hope they manage to sort that out for you soon!

Next time you get a free slot open up in your guild would you consider me for a spot please? I think at this point I can't see me not running some form of golems each league and it would be really cool to chat with and bounce ideas of fellow golemancers!

Hope you have a good week :)

"
Hey Mika,

Just finished buying the gear to transition to ES / Life. Went pretty budget as I want to start buying the bits for another build.

Was aiming for 7.5k EHP but ended up with 8.8k EHP which considering the amount of MF items I am using seems pretty good IMO. 3.2k life & 21% Chaos res which with my Amethyst flask goes up to 55% ish. 5.6k ES makes up the rest. Still only lvl 89 so got a bit more room to get that up even more although I'll probably just aim to hit lvl 92 and then grab the 4 point jewel slot.

Pleased to get the TC helm enchant for next to nothing. I guess people feel the nerf makes it less useful. TC still seems pretty good to me though vs trash which is usually the stuff that will kill you whilst charging through memories or incursions. Actually with Phase (and temp chains) run nothing ever really hits me in the memories and I just run around looking for the memory stabilisers constantly phased.

I'm practically ignoring the memory nexus entirely though at this point. Not really a big fan of the mechanic. I'll maybe have more of a play later in the league but atm given the amount of breaks there already are that stop you from mapping like delve when you hit sulphite cap, syndicate stuff, Incursions and temple...etc. Having another thing to take you away from mapping just feels like one thing too many for me at this point.

Anyway, once again golems feel pretty amazing this league!!

Hi :)

8.8k EHP sounds very pretty safe. You have to take heavy endgame boss hits to die in one hit anymore. If you can keep on stacking chaos res, even Synds should be much easier in a while.

Gz on getting TC enchantment! I think GGG didn't change Temp Chains against trash mob at all. It's still pretty broken in most areas. Delve is also super safe if you just run full speed with Phase Run up and trust in TC.

Haven't really tried the league system myself. It seems to be pretty bugged, but luckily we have so much to do in maps that it wont really matter.

Btw, I just sent you an invitation as we happened to have free slot. Welcome to the guild!

"
Defenitely the reason why i ll go back on spectres + AG instead of 9 golems \o/

*edit* Do you really think my AG will die with elementalist tree ? T_T

*edit edit* Nvm, i just respeced Necro XD

Hey :)

Yep, Kingmaker has been extremely nice addition to the build. Loving the culling strike on t16+ boss fights.

AG should be able stay alive pretty easily especially on Necro. Give it RainbowStrides instead of Victario's Flight if you want to make sure Ele resistances are capped all times.

On Uber Elder you can drop curses and link AG + Empower + Minion life + Purity of Ice. Curses have minimal effect on bosses anyway and this way you can boost your and AGs defenses. You however need additional gloves for new colors.

"
Hi friend's..

Now that 3.6 is out I have decided not to play synthesis league.
So now my character is in standard, I logged in and passive skills are reset.

So followed the tree and If I dont get dex nodes from the tree I can't use my gear. im 50 points short while in betrayal league all was perfect. hmm..

Can you please advise me on my passive tree, and My gear. im lvl 90 so I am a few skill points short.

Im will to take my player to endgame gear I have gathered alot of currency of the past months..

Thanks

Please check my profile character name Fearless_Witch

Hello :)

Old tree had about 20 more dex from right side of the tree. New tree however has lot more elemental resistances, which should make gearing easier.

I just did PoB import from your profile and noticed that your problem ATM is that your Phase Run is level 20. You have 130 dex which is more than enough for all other gems in the build. Just drop Phase Runs level to 13 or below and your dex will be more than enough. Phase runs level only gives little movement speed, so it's not really worth the resources :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Is there a way I can work in frenzy charge generation somehow? I'd really like to extend the time I'm using Phase Run.

Edit: I guess a better question would be is there a way to gain frenzy charges without having to use Necromantic Aegis and Victario's Charity?
Last edited by gtetrakai on Mar 20, 2019, 4:26:16 PM
Started leveling my Golemelementalist ;)
Short question about empower: is empower 3 worth it? Because the builder says dpswise Elemental Focus would be stronger. But of course the Golems would lose some HP.
An empower 4 is nothing i'll get in the near future. :-/

Leveling till 38 was a bit annoying. At 38 i did the swap to flamegolems (3 golems at that time). Malachai was easypeasy. Right now i'm 43 and so i already have 4 Golems. Guess today i'll do lab and get my 5th Golem <3

Runs smooth now!
"
Kampfhuhn87 wrote:
Short question about empower: is empower 3 worth it? Because the builder says dpswise Elemental Focus would be stronger. But of course the Golems would lose some HP.

You seem to be using Elemental Focus and Combustion together at the moment. Combustion applies the -19 Fire res debuff to enemies ignited and elemental focus stops you causing elemental ailments such as ignite! You'd be better off switching elemental focus to controlled destruction for the timebeing. Or taking out combustion then you can use controlled destruction and elemental focus together. I think Combustion starts becoming a bigger deal when you have TV Spectres as the golems will strip the fire res for the TV's. The TV's are fine to use elemental Focus rather than combustion. I don't think you would ever want Combustion and Elemental Focus in the same links.

I would think a lvl 3 enlighten becomes more beneficial if you have a Skin of the Lords or a +1 Tabula. For your basic tabula then just use whatever gives the best PoB DPS.

Hi Mika,

Thx for the Invite - I joined this morning. Look forward to catching you online sometime soon! :)

Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Mar 20, 2019, 9:48:14 AM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
"
Kampfhuhn87 wrote:

You seem to be using Elemental Focus and Combustion together at the moment. Combustion applies the -19 Fire res debuff to enemies ignited and elemental focus stops you causing elemental ailments such as ignite! ...

Yes i know. That's why i asked that question ;) It sounds weird but the builder says Elemental Focus is the most effective (yep, against unignited enemies)
(only Empower 4 gives 2k more DPS 169k against 167k with Ele Foc+No Ignite, tested on the Elementalist Builder pastebin https://pastebin.com/r7PbJbxb )

edit: Looks like i made a mistake. Controlled Destruction is a bit ahead if i add that ignite dps to the total dps.
Will swap that gem :)
Last edited by Kampfhuhn87 on Mar 20, 2019, 10:04:11 AM
"
gtetrakai wrote:
Is there a way I can work in frenzy charge generation somehow? I'd really like to extend the time I'm using Phase Run.

Edit: I guess a better question would be is there a way to gain frenzy charges without having to use Necromantic Aegis and Victario's Charity?

Hello :)

You can't really gain frenzy charges easily expect maybe "Doedre's Elixir" but it comes with hefty price.

However you can increase Phase Runs duration :
- You can link Phase Run -> Increased duration -> Efficacy
- You can take "Mistress of Sacrifice" as Necro Ascendancy (30% skill duration)
- You can take "Potency of Will" for 3x nodes (45% skill duration)
- Quality on increased duration also helps
- You can stay closer to minions to gain more charges from them. (recommended only when you have high enough Temporal Chains, works only with Necro Aegis + Charity)

"
An empower 4 is nothing i'll get in the near future. :-/

Leveling till 38 was a bit annoying. At 38 i did the swap to flamegolems (3 golems at that time). Malachai was easypeasy. Right now i'm 43 and so i already have 4 Golems. Guess today i'll do lab and get my 5th Golem <3

Runs smooth now!

"
You seem to be using Elemental Focus and Combustion together at the moment. Combustion applies the -19 Fire res debuff to enemies ignited and elemental focus stops you causing elemental ailments such as ignite! You'd be better off switching elemental focus to controlled destruction for the timebeing. Or taking out combustion then you can use controlled destruction and elemental focus together. I think Combustion starts becoming a bigger deal when you have TV Spectres as the golems will strip the fire res for the TV's. The TV's are fine to use elemental Focus rather than combustion. I don't think you would ever want Combustion and Elemental Focus in the same links.

I would think a lvl 3 enlighten becomes more beneficial if you have a Skin of the Lords or a +1 Tabula. For your basic tabula then just use whatever gives the best PoB DPS.

Hi Mika,

Thx for the Invite - I joined this morning. Look forward to catching you online sometime soon! :)

"
Yes i know. That's why i asked that question ;) It sounds weird but the builder says Elemental Focus is the most effective (yep, against unignited enemies)
(only Empower 4 gives 2k more DPS 169k against 167k with Ele Foc+No Ignite, tested on the Elementalist Builder pastebin https://pastebin.com/r7PbJbxb )

edit: Looks like i made a mistake. Controlled Destruction is a bit ahead if i add that ignite dps to the total dps.
Will swap that gem :)

Hey and welcome to Golemancy :)

I recommend Empower as it makes sure that Golems stay alive in all fight and there's never a reason to resummon them. Turning auras off to summon Golems can get annoying really fast. Empower also makes sure that Golems don't kill themselves as easily in elemental reflect maps or atziri fights. Empower is much better in Skin of the Loyal or +1 Tabula as DrHarvey mentioned.

While leveling, you can use both cont dest and ele focus if you want maximal damage. However once you get Tukohama Specters you should use Combustion as it applies the -20% fire res debuff for Tukohamas also. Ele focus prevents ignites totally, making Combustion useless.

Welcome to the guild Harvey and see you in game ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
I rolled my first golemancer this league. I should've looked for hints in this thread more recently than, say, two months ago. My Occultist version is encountering problems, some more easily remedied by switching gems and some arising from choice of ascendancy. Not that I need any specific help, I'm learning a lot from the thread itself. I should maybe implement some support minions, and CI might have been too ambitious.

I got myself a lucky, or perhaps unlucky, 6-link in an early Delve.

+1 to Fire gems has been nice but avoiding low mana is such a hassle. I should be switching soon, probably.

By the way, you might want to edit this:
"
mika2salo wrote:
News
GEMS

4 Link Winter Orb

Socketed : Gloves
Winter Orb

Winter Orb
"Channeling" Spell that casts projectiles with cold damage. Casts any spell linked to it with "Cast while Channeling" support gem. Can be leveled to 20/20 as mana cost is same on each level.

Winter Orb hits enemies with lightning damage. This will trigger :

Elemental Equilibrium
- "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements"

Which means that when we hit enemies with lightning damage, enemies get +25% to lightning resistance for next hit we will make to them, but will lose -50% fire and cold resistance for 5 seconds. Our Golems make pure fire damage, so they get free 50% more damage boost for 5 seconds.

Minions DON'T trigger Elemental Equilibrium so the -50% fire resistance will remain for full 5 seconds

Winter Orb probably deals cold damage, unless I'm missing something significant. Also, with other resistance debuffs present EE isn't quite 50% more damage.
Last edited by spurdo on Mar 21, 2019, 11:09:23 AM
"
spurdo wrote:
I rolled my first golemancer this league. I should've looked for hints in this thread more recently than, say, two months ago. My Occultist version is encountering problems, some more easily remedied by switching gems and some arising from choice of ascendancy. Not that I need any specific help, I'm learning a lot from the thread itself. I should maybe implement some support minions, and CI might have been too ambitious.

I got myself a lucky, or perhaps unlucky, 6-link in an early Delve.

+1 to Fire gems has been nice but avoiding low mana is such a hassle. I should be switching soon, probably.

By the way, you might want to edit this:
"
mika2salo wrote:
News
GEMS

4 Link Winter Orb

Socketed : Gloves
Winter Orb

Winter Orb
"Channeling" Spell that casts projectiles with cold damage. Casts any spell linked to it with "Cast while Channeling" support gem. Can be leveled to 20/20 as mana cost is same on each level.

Winter Orb hits enemies with lightning damage. This will trigger :

Elemental Equilibrium
- "Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements"

Which means that when we hit enemies with lightning damage, enemies get +25% to lightning resistance for next hit we will make to them, but will lose -50% fire and cold resistance for 5 seconds. Our Golems make pure fire damage, so they get free 50% more damage boost for 5 seconds.

Minions DON'T trigger Elemental Equilibrium so the -50% fire resistance will remain for full 5 seconds

Winter Orb probably deals cold damage, unless I'm missing something significant. Also, with other resistance debuffs present EE isn't quite 50% more damage.

Hey :)

If you leveled with Occultist straight from the start not using other minions and CI you had really rough start. It's pretty smooth to level using Necro with Specters and Zombies and then swap to other Ascendancies later. I would strongly recommend trying pseudo 6-link Tukohama Specters even now especially as your Occultist, as that Ascendancy has weakest Golems damage by itself.

Gz on the Infernal Mantle links. Brings back memories from old setup few years ago. Low mana is pretty hard to avoid, so switching to Skin of the Loyal will be noticeable upgrade.

Thanks for the tip! I fixed the damage element type and EEs damage bonus :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info