[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
enomandurist wrote:
Where i can find flame sentinels now? No luck in solaris or laboratory, only galvanics...

Solaris still has them. If your instance doesn't have Flame Sentinels, ctrl+click Solaris on the map and select a new instance. Keep doing this until you can spawn Flame Sentinel corpses.
"
Kronikle wrote:
"
enomandurist wrote:
Where i can find flame sentinels now? No luck in solaris or laboratory, only galvanics...

Solaris still has them. If your instance doesn't have Flame Sentinels, ctrl+click Solaris on the map and select a new instance. Keep doing this until you can spawn Flame Sentinel corpses.

100% this, thanks for help :)

Part 1 act 3 Solaris or laboratory both has them.

Part 2 act 8 Solaris has them also. They may have removed labyrinth on act8 solaris in patch as its not then end game area as in beta.

Part "Epilogue" the templar laboratory spawns level 68 Flame Sentinels. Endgame lab has been moved from act8 -> to last possible area and will give very strong specters for mapping ^^

UPDATE

Endgame Labyrinth has been moved from part 2, act 8 "Solaris Temple" to act "Epilogue" which is after act 10.

This area has place called "the Templar Laboratory" which is same as endgame lab before patch 3.0. You can spawn and raise highest level Flame Sentinels(68) before maps here.

Updated guides leveling section about specters with this info.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 6, 2017, 6:19:02 AM
how many harmonies is it that running with 1 light and maybe 1 ice also is better than all flame?

why not elementalist for ele immune? huge help in breaches and atziri and etc.
"
how many harmonies is it that running with 1 light and maybe 1 ice also is better than all flame?

why not elementalist for ele immune? huge help in breaches and atziri and etc.

Hey :)

About 5-6 harmonies should start to make the difference for bit better damage. The difference is not however that huge especially if you happen to die in the fight. Many Elementalist go full dps with their Golems but when they die, auras, offerings and other buffs stop increasing the damage.

I personally prefer Necromancer for leveling as its much safer and leveling up to high tier maps is much easier. With capping elemental resistances and getting Flame Golems to high level, there should not be problems with Golems dying.

In higher tier maps if you want to start farming Atziri, Guardians or shaper early, Elementalist makes it much easier. There is of course damage difference for Elementalists benefit when going all out dps, but chaos resistance will be tougher to cap and no block chance makes defenses hard for leveling to lvl 93-95.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 6, 2017, 9:43:27 AM
Double post
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 6, 2017, 8:48:33 AM
Hey there. Thanks for nice guide.

I want an advice on surviving. Thats my pretty first char in PoE and more or less I understand mechanics. Still, even with all these auras and resistance, there are many cases when I'm just getiing 1-shotted in matter of half of seconds.

After 3.0 patch things get even worse ( For now I have 2k life and 6k ES, all resisances max (well, for now it is not, but before patch I had them max, no visible difference).

I use a bit different gems setup:
Bone Offering > Increased Duration > Vaal Haste
Ball Lighting > Curse on Hit > Temporal Chains > Enfeeble
Discipline > Purity of Elements > Enlighten Support

For minions setup is the same, and minions almost never die. Animane Guardian survives in any boss fight so far.

But I'm dying over and over again, leveling is like 2 steps forward, 3 step back. This is very annoying at 88 level, you know. I've cleared T14, didn't try anything higher.

Any tips how can I, you know, be more tanky?

And the last question: I don't understand this link:
Cast when damage taken > Desecrate > Bone Offering
As I can see in the game, it casts Desecrate, but not Bone Offering, so whats the point of using it? It doesnt help at all when you get hit? And yes, I double checked gems order. It still casts only Desecrate.
"
hwat wrote:
Hey there. Thanks for nice guide.

I want an advice on surviving. Thats my pretty first char in PoE and more or less I understand mechanics. Still, even with all these auras and resistance, there are many cases when I'm just getiing 1-shotted in matter of half of seconds.

After 3.0 patch things get even worse ( For now I have 2k life and 6k ES, all resisances max (well, for now it is not, but before patch I had them max, no visible difference).

I use a bit different gems setup:
Bone Offering > Increased Duration > Vaal Haste
Ball Lighting > Curse on Hit > Temporal Chains > Enfeeble
Discipline > Purity of Elements > Enlighten Support

For minions setup is the same, and minions almost never die. Animane Guardian survives in any boss fight so far.

But I'm dying over and over again, leveling is like 2 steps forward, 3 step back. This is very annoying at 88 level, you know. I've cleared T14, didn't try anything higher.

Any tips how can I, you know, be more tanky?

And the last question: I don't understand this link:
Cast when damage taken > Desecrate > Bone Offering
As I can see in the game, it casts Desecrate, but not Bone Offering, so whats the point of using it? It doesnt help at all when you get hit? And yes, I double checked gems order. It still casts only Desecrate.

Hey and thanks! :)

I checked your gear and profile with "Path of Building" and sorry to say, but defenses are not working at all.

All the defenses are meant to be automatic to minimize human error and give full freedom to kite. Build is not designed to be tanky, but rather denial based and make hitting you very unlikely.
- Your curses are "Curse on Hit" linked, so monsters not cursed shoot and charge you full speed
- The Temporal Chains is not in the helmet as it should be, so its much weaker
- Bone Offer is on manual cast, which is very bad idea

The Links :

CWDT -> Desecrate -> Bone Offer -> Increased Duration

Must be in order for it to work. CWDT fires gems in order from left up -> Right up -> Right Down -> Left Down. Place Desecrate before Bone Offer and bone offer will have corpses to actually detonate.

I strongly recommend to copy my links identically for specific items and if possible almost same order. From there you can try to switch some links once you confirm everything works. Dying below t14 with your gear should be very hard if gems are linked right.

Would not normal rare gloves give better ES and resistances than "Shaper's touch"?

Belt is ok, but try to get life rolls on rings and amulet.

Try to buy any roll of "Rumi's Concoction" with max spell block. It's very useful with Bone Offering and RainbowStrides.

I would also drop "Primordial Eminences", "Violent Dead" and few extra rare jewels and maximize number of "Primordial Harmonies" for Golem damage and survival.

I would drop "Grave inventions" nodes from tree. You have already "Anima Stone", so zombies are not really needed anymore. Golems and Animate Guardian can survive Chaos damage fine without the nodes.

You might be missing 1-2x skill points. After 3.0 Standard doesn't list every mission you need to do. You have to go to specific area and get then mission item for the mission to start. Check

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1933279/page/1#p14666499

for more info about mission list. Info about each mission in acts can be found :

http://poedb.tw/us/area.php?c=act5

If these changes won't start keeping you alive, I will check again how to improve your defenses ;)
Last edited by mika2salo on Aug 6, 2017, 1:06:31 PM
There are two different areas of the guide for Ascensions and they seem to be different.

Leveling Guide:
1. Commander of Darkness
2. Flesh Binder
3. Soul Weaver
4. Mistress of Sacrifice

Ascendancy at end:
- Spirit Eater
- Commander of Darkness
- Mistress of Sacrifice
- Beacon of Corruption

How come they are different? I am sitting in Aspirants Trial wondering :P
Hi! Why did you grab a notable on the tree that made it so that enemies can have an additional curse if you only use temp chains?
it seems to me that whether u go elementalist or necro t15 and below will be quite ezpz. so to me it matters more how the stuff that comes after goes. For that reason I want to go Elementalist and run 10 harmonies in a 4-1-1 setup for 600% increased golem damage to easily compete with necro pure flame setup dps, but also 20% regen per sec + immunity to ele to give golems massive survivability.

my current planned tree

what I want to know is do you think this would be the best way to go about it? another 11-12 pts that can easily be allocated because it is a low lvl tree but I'm not sure where I would put them. So far these look like my options:

More energy shield from either the Foresight or Unnatural Calm wheel
Minion dmg/cast speed from Death Attunement + Lord of the Dead
Method to the Madness wheel (chaos res 4 hybrid)
Life from the constitution cluster
Reduced Mana Reserved nodes

Or is the tree too fundamentally flawed (i.e not enough EHP even with high-end gear) for this to work, because I'm still not sure how the ES changes feel yet.

I've played a couple golemancers in the past so I'm familiar with the playstyle and don't need the tankiness of Necro, which I would still recommend over Elementalist to anyone just getting into this build.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Aug 6, 2017, 6:33:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info