[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Wynderbaum wrote:
"
KouboMog wrote:
"
Wynderbaum wrote:
Oh, does it work now? I think it should be pupblic now. I have no idea how to link my gear :)

it is. You can link you gear by clicking on your ProfilPicture on the top of your screen, then it will show you your gear. Then clic on each item and it will add it to your message. Do it while your are answering a message. You need the "post reply" page to do it. i think.

First things i notice : (if Kenttpatja is the correct character)
What are you playing? If you're going to play Ele, just droop Specter's GemLink and go for full Golem with PrimordialChain. If you're going to play Necro/Occu i suggest you to switch.

Then, you need :
>+1 Specter boots (if necro/occu path)
>Can upgrade Rings/Belt for me ES/LIFE.
>Switch to Primordial chain if you play Ele or for Chayula (or any rare amulette with Rez/Life/ES on it) if you play Necro/Occu.
>You can upgrade your Gem with the vendor recipe (sell a lvl20Gem+1GCP and it will give the same Gem level1 20%. Just level it again then)
>HolyRelic proc when you physically hit something. Shouldn't happen unless you play with ShieldCharge. Change PhaseRun for ShieldCharge or droop HolyRelic.

you have a lot to do. Just tell us which path you're following, and then we should be able to tell you what you should change first. Here, you're looking to play many thing at the same time. It's disturbing sorry ^^

so : Necro, Occu or Ele boi?

Im playing elementalist atm. I like lots of golems :) So i think i change for primordial chain for now. If i dont take presence, should i try to get that missing chaos ress from somewhere else? Also im thinking to chance victarios charity to some other shield with high ES.
Phase run is something what i love in delve. It really easy to run ahead and mobs doesnt even notice you.

If im dropping spectres from helm, whit what gems i should replace?

Should i use 6+1+1+1 or 7+1+1 golems?

Ok, if you're going to play Ele :
-You can play with Victaro + NecroAegis, or you can droop Victaro&NecroAegis and play with double Clayshaper. (keep PhaseRun in this case)
-You should switch to PrimordialChain (the build also work with Chayula)
-Remove your Spectre setup, find a good Vertex and put your Curses in it. With it, you have a good amount of ES/ChaosRez and you have +1 to your curses which is nice.
-Droop Summon Holy Relic, you wont proc anything as you won't hit anything. Droop Animate Guardian (and Faster Attack for obious reason)
-Put 3 Golems+MinionLife in your gloves (Lightning/Stone&Ice Golems)
-BallLightning is enough to proc EE everywhere, put it in a remaining slot in weapon for example. With Discipline.
-The best PhaseRun setup is PhaseRun+IncDuration+Efficacy. Put that in one of your weapon.
-You should find a good pair of boots with life/es/rez/speed. Don't need +1specter unless you play with them.

If you do that, you should notice some empty gem slot. You can build a CWDT setup instead.

only my advices here, you have room for improvement, or personalisation. Also, this build is quite squichy. Some of our guildmember cleared all the content with it. But i was stuck just before 300Delve. (i switched to Necro) but the Ele build is fast and easy to play for mid end tier maps (i cleared all the Shap' Guardian too. Deathless)

hope this will help. It's a start at least. As i say, you can do some tweak to your playstyle. Mika should come quite soon with more advices. Good Luck
Sorry for my quite bad english. Try to do my best <3
"
Wynderbaum wrote:
Hey,

Very nice quide! I have been playing this in standard and in delve. Just love it :) can you please check my profile, if you can find some way to improve my gear. At the moment im feeling like i just did too easily. Next big upgrade gonna be presence of chayula, when i get some currency.

Thanks in advance!

Ps. Hienoa työtä, kun ylläpidät tätä :)

"
you're account is private ;) we can't check your char. You can also link your gear in a post here.

"
Oh, does it work now? I think it should be pupblic now. I have no idea how to link my gear :)

"
it is. You can link you gear by clicking on your ProfilPicture on the top of your screen, then it will show you your gear. Then clic on each item and it will add it to your message. Do it while your are answering a message. You need the "post reply" page to do it. i think.

First things i notice : (if Kenttpatja is the correct character)
What are you playing? If you're going to play Ele, just droop Specter's GemLink and go for full Golem with PrimordialChain. If you're going to play Necro/Occu i suggest you to switch.

Then, you need :
>+1 Specter boots (if necro/occu path)
>Can upgrade Rings/Belt for me ES/LIFE.
>Switch to Primordial chain if you play Ele or for Chayula (or any rare amulette with Rez/Life/ES on it) if you play Necro/Occu.
>You can upgrade your Gem with the vendor recipe (sell a lvl20Gem+1GCP and it will give the same Gem level1 20%. Just level it again then)
>HolyRelic proc when you physically hit something. Shouldn't happen unless you play with ShieldCharge. Change PhaseRun for ShieldCharge or droop HolyRelic.

you have a lot to do. Just tell us which path you're following, and then we should be able to tell you what you should change first. Here, you're looking to play many thing at the same time. It's disturbing sorry ^^

so : Necro, Occu or Ele boi?

"
Im playing elementalist atm. I like lots of golems :) So i think i change for primordial chain for now. If i dont take presence, should i try to get that missing chaos ress from somewhere else? Also im thinking to chance victarios charity to some other shield with high ES.
Phase run is something what i love in delve. It really easy to run ahead and mobs doesnt even notice you.

If im dropping spectres from helm, whit what gems i should replace?

Should i use 6+1+1+1 or 7+1+1 golems?

"
Ok, if you're going to play Ele :
-You can play with Victaro + NecroAegis, or you can droop Victaro&NecroAegis and play with double Clayshaper. (keep PhaseRun in this case)
-You should switch to PrimordialChain (the build also work with Chayula)
-Remove your Spectre setup, find a good Vertex and put your Curses in it. With it, you have a good amount of ES/ChaosRez and you have +1 to your curses which is nice.
-Droop Summon Holy Relic, you wont proc anything as you won't hit anything. Droop Animate Guardian (and Faster Attack for obious reason)
-Put 3 Golems+MinionLife in your gloves (Lightning/Stone&Ice Golems)
-BallLightning is enough to proc EE everywhere, put it in a remaining slot in weapon for example. With Discipline.
-The best PhaseRun setup is PhaseRun+IncDuration+Efficacy. Put that in one of your weapon.
-You should find a good pair of boots with life/es/rez/speed. Don't need +1specter unless you play with them.

If you do that, you should notice some empty gem slot. You can build a CWDT setup instead.

only my advices here, you have room for improvement, or personalisation. Also, this build is quite squichy. Some of our guildmember cleared all the content with it. But i was stuck just before 300Delve. (i switched to Necro) but the Ele build is fast and easy to play for mid end tier maps (i cleared all the Shap' Guardian too. Deathless)

hope this will help. It's a start at least. As i say, you can do some tweak to your playstyle. Mika should come quite soon with more advices. Good Luck

Thanks for support ^^

KouboMog did nice work already, but I could add my own point of views :
- If you are going to play Elementalist and use Primordial Chain, Golems will have lot less HP. I would keep Victario's Charity with Necro Aegis as it gives same damage or more as extra Golem and block chance to Golems means a lot in fight with Minotaur or other physical bosses.
- You can stick curses in helmet, as you will get +1 level from Vertex to Enhance
- You can switch boots to some 200+ boots from the league or get "Deaths Doors" to get bleed immunity.

- You can switch Specs to some other defensive setup like :
-> Spell Totem -> Ball lightning -> GMP -> Culling Strike
Other good choices are decoy totem and Skeletons -> Spell Totem.

- If you want to max Phase Run, you can link it with Inc Dur and Efficacy. Best boost to it however is using Victarios Charity and Necro Aegus as you will be swimming in frenzy charges.

- Try to get gears stats, good values are :
-> Gloves (150+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances, Blind support)
-> Rings (40+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)
-> Belt (110+ ES, 40+ HP, Resistances)

Sotl Gives 100% increased ES per item, but not HP so stack as much ES as possible.

Kiitoksia! Kiltaan muuten mahtuu vielä jos tykkäät pelata Golemeilla ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 22, 2018, 2:58:35 PM
Thanks for your replys KouboMog & mika2salo.
From your tips i have tons of things to try and think about!
Just cant wait to try all those juicy combinations :)

And yes Mika, i really would like to join your community of golemancers! \o/
"
Wynderbaum wrote:
Thanks for your replys KouboMog & mika2salo.
From your tips i have tons of things to try and think about!
Just cant wait to try all those juicy combinations :)

And yes Mika, i really would like to join your community of golemancers! \o/

Hey :)

Glad to hear we could help.
Just sent you an invitation to the guild ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/Y0xHarG3

Please stop whispering me ingame, refer to the PoB and the actual guide this whole thread is about.
Last edited by CeePee_ on Oct 28, 2018, 3:50:48 PM
You probably answered this somewhere already, but have you tried the Arc stormfire ignite golem build that UberElite did? How does that compare to this? Really interested in trying a golem build next league.
"
CeePee_ wrote:
Thanks for the guide! This is my 3rd league playing the build already. I started Delve as a Necromancer but quickly rerolled into Occultist for the massive regen in Delves as sustaining ES was an issue with the Necromancer. As an Occultist you can just stand still shooting Storm Burst even at 450 depth (granted mods do matter).

I have not had any issues with Spectre / Golem survivability when not playing a Necromancer / Elementalist and I've been doing deathless (ok, maybe 1-2 deaths) Uber Elder and none of the minions have died (though AG will die, I just won't summon him there).

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/Y0xHarG3

I even managed to kill a super nasty Grand Architect in depth 471 without any minions dying, swapped AG to Decoy totem for the fight:
Spoiler

Video of the kill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O50SPKGw_4g

The Ice golem variant does look interesting and I'm looking forward to trying that the next league

"
You probably answered this somewhere already, but have you tried the Arc stormfire ignite golem build that UberElite did? How does that compare to this? Really interested in trying a golem build next league.

Thanks for support ^^

Occultist really surprised by being very strong in delves this leaves. In survival heavy leagues with lot of normal mobs, it will probably be best choice for endgame.

Glad to hear that your minions are also tanky boss fights. One of main goals of build is to never have to resummon minions again, and I have not lost any minion myself in 3-4 leagues if i just remember to unsummon Animate Guardian for few bosses.

Your Grand Architect kill was really smooth. Also excellent end-game gear you have ;)

I haven't tried UberElites build directly, but I have tried Utopian238s Ice Golems. Can highly recommed it as "Utopian238" is old Flame Golemancer and really knows hes stuff, very friendly guy too. "cyberxndr" build looks also very nice, but haven't tried it myself, really liked hes choice for Occultist as it has best trash clear speed when using Ice Golems.

Heres short comparison to Ice Golems :

+ They have higher single target damage than Flame Golems
+ Nice variation after 4-5 leagues straight Flame Golems
+ They get instantly through proximity shield

- They are pretty slow at killing trash mob packs
- They are very slow in maps with platforms (Mineral Pools Map)
- "Command of the pit" -gloves are pretty mediorce in defense
- "The Primordial Chain" -amulet has literally 0 defense
- If you mix too many Golems types, some will die in high tier boss fight thanks to lower life from "The Primordial Chain"

Their main problem is their speed at clearing trash mobs and inability to move. They cant really shoot and get stuck in maps with lot of platforms like Mineral Pools. This can be fixed by adding 2-3x Flame Golems to helmet, but then it starts to be Flame / Ice hybrid. Slow trash clear speed can be fixed by running Occultist, which helps TONS when clearing maps as mobs will kill each others with explosions.

Gloves and Amulet have zero to mediocre defenses values, which lowers EHP quite a bit. This can be somewhat fixed by running Elementalist with Chayula / Rare amulet, and ES/HP gloves with "Lycosidae" and Necro Aegis. Running Elementalist just means slow trash mob clearing and Lycosidae means no charges, so they are always trade-offs.

All-in-all I liked Ice Golems quite a lot. They give good alternative to Flame Golems, especially if grinded already dozen times with them. They are also very nice at boss killing. However endgame trash clearing will be slow if not running Occultist and I would seriously avoid some map layouts with them. Ice Golems have higher single target damage than Flame Golems, but mixing TV Specs with Flame Golems balances their damage to about equal.

Main problem with Ice Golem players seems to be survival and not damage, so I recommend mixing in some own defense. Temp Chains in blasphemy and raising EHP as high as possible goes long way when reaching lvl 95+ ;)

PS. This is just my own experience with Ice Golems with pretty short test time, so its not 100% accurate in any way.
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 25, 2018, 8:08:38 AM
I really want to play "The Primordial Chain" build this league. Which ascendancy wold you recommend and which golem setup? + is it that much worse than your classic build? Any tips - all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Theurgus on Oct 25, 2018, 9:27:36 AM
"
Theurgus wrote:
I really want to play "The Primordial Chain" build this league. Which ascendancy wold you recommend and which golem setup? + is it that much worse than your classic build? Any tips - all would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

I have been playing golem only build. Shaper done - pretty easy with golem only build.

In delve going 300++ pretty easy.

All in all mapping is ez-mode. Delve can be frustrating sometimes.
Maybe should try necromancer but then again lose some damage. (vs elementalist)

You can check my build / gear if want to try primordial chain build.
Hi
I'm the one that always fascinating about summoning builds. Can I ask one question: If I cannot afford enough Primodial Harmony (up to 7 of them on your tree at page 301), what Abyss jewel I should use until I can afford another Harmony and replace them?
Last edited by mygod23 on Oct 26, 2018, 9:35:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info