[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

I wanted to thank you for this build. I have just beat Uber Elder for the second time. Almost deathless but I was stupid and ran into a wall. I have been playing the Elementalist 4/1/1 with 3 spectres and it crushes everything. I wish I could get a +1 corruption on my skin of the loyal. I have been trying very hard for it...

Spoiler

I think I have done rather well for myself.
Hey! I just wanted to ask a few questions but first i also want to thank you for such an aswesome guide... I'm having a blast!

This is my gear currently

Spoiler

and this is my def stats

Spoiler

So what do you think i should improve next? I'm currently leveling empower in the off weapons and also 5 flame golems to corrupt them to try to get a 21. Also i'm leveling enhance (currently lvl 2) and swap off the CwDT gem from the Convocation cuz i like to have control over the position of my minions.

Also idk if you can check my passives points but i have 2 big nodes (30 dex and 30 str) that i want to take off to get another harmony but idk if it is worth replacing my rings and my capped chaos resistance (it feels so op being chaos cap in incursions)

In addition i would also like to ask if i can replace one of my two "+10 minions resistances" for another harmony or it will drop the resistances of my minions below the 75 cap.. :)

Sooo what are your thoughts i'm open to criticism! :D

Also i apologize for the bad english.

Ty in advance for your help!!!
Last edited by maalbohu1991 on Jul 4, 2018, 9:32:48 PM
"
In addition i would also like to ask if i can replace one of my two "+10 minions resistances" for another harmony or it will drop the resistances of my minions below the 75 cap.. :)

I do not have any more to minion resistances outside of the support gem so I can safely say you would be fine to drop it. Also I wish I could have your level of Chaos resistance.
"
KameaDark wrote:
"

I do not have any more to minion resistances outside of the support gem so I can safely say you would be fine to drop it. Also I wish I could have your level of Chaos resistance.

I think not having it won't change you many thing. The only place where it might matter is on endgame boss that have heavy elemental damage (shaper, elder, uber atziri) but other than that...

Chaos resistance is really easy to cap if you have vertex and chayula's presence :)

mika2salo
"
mika2salo wrote:
Hey :)

I just tested just Golems without Specs using Elementalist against Shaper and I really felt that the kill speed was lower than with Specs. Maybe increasing jewels to 14x would buff Golems damage enough, but you have to cut skill-points from defenses and utility.

With sacrifices pure Elementalist could go higher in DPS than Golem / Spec hybrid, but it needs great knowledge of boss mechanics and careful playing around mobs if using Coh. However it's very possible with enough skill.

I'm now wondering with what build you exactly did the test? Double CoH (flam/e.weakness) + EE? Some aura (like discipline + haste, that also boost golem dps / allows you to have more mouvement speed / cast speed) ? Flesh offering for golem attack/cast speed ?

What point from defense do you want to cut / what sacrifice did you do ?
I'm wondering if you take it the right way, as I don't remember I removed some "defense node" or "did some sacrifice", only thing I removed from my tree is all the unnecessary minion nodes.
And since i don't run curse aura, I also don't need all these reservation / aura aoe nodes (and thus, i have more inc ES% / more inc life% / more jewels than your tree on your elementalist).
This can even be improved a little with more regen + ZO to go for 700-900 ES/sec with a stone golem for QoL.

"
but it needs great knowledge of boss mechanics and careful playing around mobs if using Coh.

Actually, if you do endgame bosses, being a necro won't save you from being oneshot / killed if you don't know the mechanics. It probably allows more errors, for sure if you are lucky enough as you have more blocks thanks to offerings, but... that's all I think.
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
Last edited by Anakhon on Jul 5, 2018, 4:46:33 AM
"
maalbohu1991 wrote:
Hey! I just wanted to ask a few questions but first i also want to thank you for such an aswesome guide... I'm having a blast!

Spoiler

and this is my def stats

Spoiler

So what do you think i should improve next? I'm currently leveling empower in the off weapons and also 5 flame golems to corrupt them to try to get a 21. Also i'm leveling enhance (currently lvl 2) and swap off the CwDT gem from the Convocation cuz i like to have control over the position of my minions.

Also idk if you can check my passives points but i have 2 big nodes (30 dex and 30 str) that i want to take off to get another harmony but idk if it is worth replacing my rings and my capped chaos resistance (it feels so op being chaos cap in incursions)

replacing burning damage gem in your SOTL for empower/fire pen
"
KameaDark wrote:
I wanted to thank you for this build. I have just beat Uber Elder for the second time. Almost deathless but I was stupid and ran into a wall. I have been playing the Elementalist 4/1/1 with 3 spectres and it crushes everything. I wish I could get a +1 corruption on my skin of the loyal. I have been trying very hard for it...

Spoiler

I think I have done rather well for myself.

Thanks you for the support ^^

Gz on Uber Elder kill! The fight is really tough and by doing it almost deathless you must have excellent kiting skills :P

I would usually point out that your other ring and gloves could use more ES, but since you beat already Uber Elder with this gear I'm not sure if it's needed XD

"

Spoiler

and this is my def stats

Spoiler

"

"
I think not having it won't change you many thing. The only place where it might matter is on endgame boss that have heavy elemental damage (shaper, elder, uber atziri) but other than that...

Chaos resistance is really easy to cap if you have vertex and chayula's presence :)

"
replacing burning damage gem in your SOTL for empower/fire pen

Hey and thanks for support :)

Yep, definitely should change increased burning damage to Empower / Fire Pene.

Gear looks pretty good, cheap - medium prices upgrade would be getting corrupt lvl 3 enhance and +1 level Bones of ullr to boost Temp Chains even further.

I generally prefer Crystal belts as they give nice boost to EHP (HP + ES) but Stygian Vises have been pretty popular also.

Your chaos res looks excellent. You can trade some of it for more EHP or other stats, but I would not go lower than +40%. Extra Harmonies are really nice but I could see myself trading it for chaos res cap :P

You can raise EHP to 10-11k by doing various tweaks with gear, but I have ran most of my videos with 8-9k EHP and having no problems.

Minion resistance in jewels is to make sure that Golems are not dying while leveling or learning the build. Once Golems are in Sotl and have empower to support them, they should not be dying even with zero minion res rare jewels so you can drop them if you want.

"
I'm now wondering with what build you exactly did the test? Double CoH (flam/e.weakness) + EE? Some aura (like discipline + haste, that also boost golem dps / allows you to have more mouvement speed / cast speed) ? Flesh offering for golem attack/cast speed ?

What point from defense do you want to cut / what sacrifice did you do ?
I'm wondering if you take it the right way, as I don't remember I removed some "defense node" or "did some sacrifice", only thing I removed from my tree is all the unnecessary minion nodes.
And since i don't run curse aura, I also don't need all these reservation / aura aoe nodes (and thus, i have more inc ES% / more inc life% / more jewels than your tree on your elementalist).
This can even be improved a little with more regen + ZO to go for 700-900 ES/sec with a stone golem for QoL.

"
Actually, if you do endgame bosses, being a necro won't save you from being oneshot / killed if you don't know the mechanics. It probably allows more errors, for sure if you are lucky enough as you have more blocks thanks to offerings, but... that's all I think.

Hey :)

I tested using 5+1+1 Golems and some anti Uber Elder gear against Shaper. I had 2x TVs out to apply fire res debuff, but overall the damage felt much lower than using Specs with Golems.

14 Jewels and more offensive setup might help with Golems damage and increase it to as high / higher than with using both Golems and Specs with 10 jewels.

I think there's slight misunderstanding as I'm not really comparing builds, but rather ideology behind them. Let me try to rephrase.

I'm not big fan of multi-button setups myself as they mean more work during leveling / fight, but can ofc offer more powerful effects & control over them. They just need different kind of player that what I am as I like more 1-button builds.

I feel very unsafe if I don't have high level Temp Chains in Blasphemy as it feels almost as immortality aura against mobs. CoH setups don't provide that automatic safety against chargers.

I think you are just different kind and most likely more active type of player than me. That's why I value automatic defenses highly and I'm ready to trade some DPS for extra survival and 1-button play-style. Your build looks great and I'm by no means saying it's weaker. It just needs different style of player / play-style.

By lower defenses I didn't mean that your build is weaker, it would just not be as safe for me as there are less automatic defenses. On the other hand automatic defenses / offenses might work less optimally for you, but are not really weaker.

Damage is also so high with Flame Golems that I think that utility gear / gems / passives separate golem builds more than raw DPS at this point.

Block chance is by no mean meant to enable tanking bosses. It will forgive 1-2 bad kites during the fight and hopefully let ES regen start by then.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Jul 5, 2018, 4:05:37 PM
Deleted question, found my answer.
Last edited by Megotaku88 on Jul 5, 2018, 7:13:18 PM
@mika: I'll reply later with more complete answer, but ok, I understand better your point view :) thanks for explaining
My version of golementalist: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/276#p15615251
anyone with Watcher's Eye Jewel with the line "You gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill while affected by Haste"? If minions do the killing do we get Onslaught?
Hi,

Still leveling the build, but I'm really liking it so far. It has a nice balance between map clear and bossing. Most builds I play typically have to choose one over the other.

Here are my questions:

1) How do we get level 27 golems. When I try to count, I'm always missing something so I only count up to level 26.

2) Would you recommend 21/20 golems at 0% quality or 20/20 golems with 20% quality? I'm just looking for a budget option till I can get 21/20, 20% golems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info