[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:
"
Genocide934 wrote:
Hi me again i was just wondering if the desecration part would it still be a great combination if i changed it to spectre/ cast when damage taken -> Desecrate -> Bone offering my idea is to still apply the spectre while the same time applying the desecrate and bone offering sacrificing the duration support but i think it will be a bad idea doing this since its already 4 linked will the cast when damage taken affect the spectre even if i for example put the spectre at the first slot

Hey :)

I'm not sure I understood everything but, yes Cast on damage taken lvl 20 will trigger "Raise Spectre". Without links Spectres will be very weak and you dont know what spectres it will summon from random corpse pile. They could work as distraction, but not very effective i think.

"
Randomsanity wrote:
I can't find any comparison.. what is better a 20/23 gem or a 21/0 gem?

I've corrupted 19 20/20 gems and haven't got a single 21 yet :(

Check the lowest part of Flame Golem site in gamepedia. It's somewhat hidden as its below the normal level chart. Till level 20-27 bonuses are :

Level Life Attack Damage
20 6776 1.00 619–1547
21 7466 1.00 684–1710
22 8220 1.00 756–1890
23 9041 1.00 834–2085
24 9941 1.00 921–2302
25 10923 1.00 1015–2537
26 11996 1.00 1119–2797
27 13166 1.00 1233–3082

Quality gives only few % increased life and damage, so +1 level is massively better. Golems gain most damage and life with levels as almost all minions, so the higher level you can get them, more noticable boost is each step up.

You will get 21/20 in time :) or just buy 21/0 for 1 ex as its pretty cheap and quality doesnt really matter that much. Level is much more important.

ive managed to make it 4 socket and 3 linked before i fight i go to solaris and get two flame sentinels due to the keystone death attunement it seems great but i dont know if it has alot of help and do you think two curse spectres will stack i am planning to do just that in case it does apply else if not ill go use flame sentinels its a waste if the spectre is not used though since it will also help in dealing damage
Last edited by Genocide934 on Apr 8, 2017, 9:25:27 PM
ok this is a sad post. ive really enjoyed this build but its been so pricey and i just dont think its worth the effort. big thanks to the maker but its just not worth the ex or effort of what this build can cope with. the jewels alone is just silly for the outcome and in saying that its fun and a cool build. im currently going to sell my jewels and gear and trade for a shavs and go low life summoner
Hi,

i wonder which jewels are better, the minion resist/block/minion damage or primordial harmonies.
the good jewels are nearly not to get or expensive.
harmonies instead cost about 40c each with 19% damage/27% cooldown reduction on golem skills.

i went for SRS in the head pierce, because i didnt like the thought of having to buy all the guardian items again after he dies. the spirits are good for white trash, i might have to test their ability on the better mobs, but the gems are not max level and have no quality either :)

my golem still keep dieing in boss fights. We tried Atziri and Xoth, and both dropped them pretty easy (they are "just" lvl25).

i dont think i will be able to get them to lvl27, as is is way to expensive. even if i manage to get a +1 gems chest, i would have to 6-link it. i dont have that kind of currency laying arround, not even in standard.

i have a pretty good ring (i think so...) but i cannot equip it without losing resistances. i dont have any minion damage jewels or minion speed on my amu/rings right now. i dunno how i could get that without investing ALOT of currency or droping in resistances and energy shield (which i am at 8,6k right now).

by the way, what is the base block chance of the golems you say max is 52%, but where am i currently? 0% plus bone offering?

thanks in advance!
NaBeRa :)
"
Genocide934 wrote:

ive managed to make it 4 socket and 3 linked before i fight i go to solaris and get two flame sentinels due to the keystone death attunement it seems great but i dont know if it has alot of help and do you think two curse spectres will stack i am planning to do just that in case it does apply else if not ill go use flame sentinels its a waste if the spectre is not used though since it will also help in dealing damage

Try to get Spetres from higher level maps, if you are running longer mapping sessions. Getting Flame Sentinels from t10 map almost doubles their DPS and makes them almost immortal. Good maps to find them are Dominus boss maps, residence and palace.

"
Rickeyes wrote:

ok this is a sad post. ive really enjoyed this build but its been so pricey and i just dont think its worth the effort. big thanks to the maker but its just not worth the ex or effort of what this build can cope with. the jewels alone is just silly for the outcome and in saying that its fun and a cool build. im currently going to sell my jewels and gear and trade for a shavs and go low life summoner

Hey, glad to hear you like parts of the build :)

I agree that prices for Anima & Might have raised ridiculously high. Many standard build users have been extremely happy, but they had more currency start direcly at 6l Infernal Mantle, lvl 4 Empower, 21 lvl Flame Golem, Rumi's Concoction, etc. Zookeeper variant for leveling is very cheap without extra golems and takes up to T14-15 nicely, but then needs some serious currency to get up to t16 and other special bosses but most builds need anyway.

What parts of the build were you not satisfied with? Your characters are private so I can't check your gear or tree to take a guess. Power of Golems really comes with their levels and if you are using below level 23 Golems without Spectres to back damage up, I understand if speed can feel lackluster.

Also Golem playstyle is not for everyone. It's bit more like playing RTS strategy game as compated to direct aim & hit Poe characters.

This build is more about using the "Victario's Charity" and "Phase run" and other automated links for extra defence and offence, not just using Infernal Mantle. Shav's can be easily be included as build already takes most of aura nodes. If you get good results with Shavs and are still using base principles from this build, please report results and I will include Shavs variant in guide :)

"
NaBeRa wrote:
Hi,

i wonder which jewels are better, the minion resist/block/minion damage or primordial harmonies.
the good jewels are nearly not to get or expensive.
harmonies instead cost about 40c each with 19% damage/27% cooldown reduction on golem skills.

i went for SRS in the head pierce, because i didnt like the thought of having to buy all the guardian items again after he dies. the spirits are good for white trash, i might have to test their ability on the better mobs, but the gems are not max level and have no quality either :)

my golem still keep dieing in boss fights. We tried Atziri and Xoth, and both dropped them pretty easy (they are "just" lvl25).

i dont think i will be able to get them to lvl27, as is is way to expensive. even if i manage to get a +1 gems chest, i would have to 6-link it. i dont have that kind of currency laying arround, not even in standard.

i have a pretty good ring (i think so...) but i cannot equip it without losing resistances. i dont have any minion damage jewels or minion speed on my amu/rings right now. i dunno how i could get that without investing ALOT of currency or droping in resistances and energy shield (which i am at 8,6k right now).

by the way, what is the base block chance of the golems you say max is 52%, but where am i currently? 0% plus bone offering?

thanks in advance!
NaBeRa :)

Hi :)

Jewels depend heavily on what content you are running. Maps below t16 are usually for leveling and farming, so "Minion Block" jewels keep minions alive better. More minions provide meat shield and more interference against dangerous enemies so they keep you alive to reach higher level faster. The basic item setup is to reach level 95 as fast and safely as possibly.

Maps over t16 and special bosses are usually not for leveling, so you can trade utility for DPS and max Golem survival. Change all jewels to "Primordial Harmony"s and maybe "Controlled Destruction" for "Minion Life" to add extra buffer. Change shield depending on bosses main damage type, try to raise Golems res over 75 or max spell block. Rest of minions are useless in very hard boss fight anyway if your "Animate Guardian" is not level 25 or over.

I checked your gear and your "Discipline" is linked to "Enhance", which is very dangerous as it makes "Discipline" reserve more mana and can push you below low mana. You have to get 3 link for curse and 1l for "Discipline". Your jewels look ok, but you need more sockets to put more "primordial Harmonies" in. When you start to get close to 10 sockets, your Golems regen is so high even most guardians can't kill them.

Your ring looks ok, but I think its better to essence dual resistance rings as they will help you to cap resistances. Use "blessed orb" on your belt, you can get almost 20 es for free. Gloves can be changed to higher ES ones if you manage to raise your resistances with ammy and rings or craft res in jewels.

Minion Block comes from :
- 0% base block (0%)
- 24-25% from shield with Necromantic Aegis (24%)
- 8% from decay ward (32%)
- 20% from 5x 4% block jewels (52%)
- 35% from bone offer (87%)

Spell block with "Rathpith" shield and block jewels is :
- 60% of 88% block (52%)
- 34% from bone offer (86%)

So minions can reach max block 75%/75% even without maxed block jewels. Rathpith is huge defense in spell based boss fights.

SRS is potentially taking you to low mana very often so it can be very dangerous. If you can get Animate Guardian to level 23-24 inserting it with even lvl 3 Empower in your helmet or boots, it won't die in any boss fight below t16. SRS can work also, but you have to be very careful about low mana in boss fights.

You can craft minion damage jewels from cobalt jewels by using "Alterations" unti you get "minions deal increased damage". If you have only 1 line, add "Augmentation", if 2 lines add "Regal orb". You get 1x Minion damage jewel every 50-100 alts, so you can craft tons of them fast. Use the ones that have Str / Dex / ES / Resistances for running maps. Minion block is what we are hoping for but getting both minion damage and block takes many hundred alts.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 9, 2017, 2:36:36 PM
Added video about normal Atziri run. Using only standard mapping gear setup in fight. Better guide about boss fight and gear recommendations can be found from guides "Boss killing" section.

https://youtu.be/bQoDxsCh7Vw

Build Update

After talking to some players using the build, it seems that "Minion Block" jewels are too expensive or hard to find especially in the league. I recommend all build makers to run 1x "Anima Stone", 1x "Primordial Might", 1x "Energy From Within" and 7x "Primordial Harmonies" for basic setup as it provides best survival for golems, is cheap & easy to get and works great on most bosses. Just be careful with "Animate Guardian" as it loses max block while not using Minion Block jewels.

Minion Block jewels are great for Zookeeper step if you can find some cheap rolls, or at endgame with spell based bosses such as Hyrda and Phoenix as they raise Golems block to 75% with Rathpith and Bone Offering while still giving extra resistances and maybe even max ES for player. If you have such jewels I advice to keep using them but they are not first priority getting while doing the build.

Thanks for all feedback about jewel prices and situation in league. It really helps in tuning the build for easier and cheaper to make :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 9, 2017, 7:27:40 PM
dumb question
I'm currently using clayshaper, 1 anima stone jewel + 1 might jewel + 5 harmony jewel. My question is why can't I summon 5 flame golems now? I can only summon 4 of them
I saw your chimera video, you don't use any clayshaper, then how could you summon 4 flame golems? Explaination please!
Last edited by AquaStar92 on Apr 10, 2017, 3:39:13 AM
"
AquaStar92 wrote:
dumb question
I'm currently using clayshaper, 1 anima stone jewel + 1 might jewel + 5 harmony jewel. My question is why can't I summon 5 flame golems now? I can only summon 4 of them
I saw your chimera video, you don't use any clayshaper, then how could you summon 4 flame golems? Explaination please!

Hey :)

Anima Stone gives 1 extra Golem by itself and 1 extra Golem if you have 3 other Primordial jewels inserted, not 1 extra Golem per 3 extra primordial jewels. Wording is kinda cryptic as :

"If you have 3 Primordial Jewels, can Summon up to 1 additional Golem at a time"

Primordial Might is also one of switch as (non-agressive / agressive), Golems won't get more aggressive by stacking them.

I use 1x Clayshaper, it just has skin transfer on it, so it looks different. Skin won't show up ins forums links, but in game I see it as "Brightbreak" even in my inventory.

1x Base Golem from gem
1x From Anima Stone
1x From Anima Stone when 3x other Primordial jewels are inserted
1x From Clayshaper
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 10, 2017, 4:39:01 AM
Where would you recommend farming Primordial its expensive to buy them for me since ive been here for only 3 or probably 4 weeks i cant remember haha
"
Genocide934 wrote:
Where would you recommend farming Primordial its expensive to buy them for me since ive been here for only 3 or probably 4 weeks i cant remember haha

Hey and welcome to POE :)

Unlike in many other RPGs very few items can be farmed in POE by doing specific ares or bosses. Most items drop completely at random and Primordial jewels belong to them. You have to buy the jewels from other players, so it's not very easy if you are still new and don't know what items to keep and sell.

Easiest thing for starting summoner is to run the Zookeeper build variant I have in leveling section. You run tons of zombies, spectres, Animate guardian and 2x Flame Golems without the expensive Anima Stone or Primordial Might. Doing Breaches in league with huge minion army is fun and pretty rewarding as you will get lots of 6 socket items and random low currency.

You can finish most of leagues challenges with only Zookeeper, but of course goal is to buy Anima Stone in the end. Depending on how much you play per day and how much you trade you can get Anima Stone in 1-2 weeks.

For running maps I recommend crafting or buying jewels like this if you dont have Anima Stone:

You can keep the best ones and sell the rest. Most minion damage jewels are easy to sell if you get at least 1x additionel useful line.

You have to rely heavily on Spectres, but on the other hand high level Spectre is way better than just level 20 Flame Golem. Try to look out for Flame Sentinels in map and resurrect them as Spectres. I have short description how to get them from maps in guide.
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 10, 2017, 1:41:24 PM
Recorded "Guardian Of The Hyrda" and "Guardian Of The Phoenix" boss run. Took me about 1 min longer than usual as map had increased boss life and chilled ground.

Used "Rathpith Globe" shield and my usual minion block jewels to give minions max block. Run was pretty safe and most of my time went on dodging snowballs.

I'm planning on making HD record of all high tier boss fights with different map mods to give idea how the build plays in endgame.

Hyrda
https://youtu.be/wN88I6d5CkA

Phoenix
https://youtu.be/OvxDp114yUo
Last edited by mika2salo on Apr 11, 2017, 3:10:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info