[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
mika2salo wrote:
"
dsata wrote:
I have followed ZiggyD's videos and wondering if I should do yours this time around. The biggest question I have is with respects to ascendancy. I have always done Necromancer but starting to feel that Elementalist might be a better way to go with duel Clayshappers. That will give me 6 golems and I feel that I can clear screens when I only had 4.

Do you think it's worth it? Especially with immunities on the elementalist side.

It depends solely on purpose :

Elementalist is better at Guardians, Shaper and Uber Atziri as bosses can't harm Golems and you can just die at beginning of fight and wait 5-7 mins for boss to die. Its extremely effective boss farmer and costs less to make guardian viable.

Necromancer is better at defense and map clear. You can use offerings both defensively and offensively depending on playstyle and minion damage nodes from ascendancy result in higher total minion damage. Necromancer needs some gearing to keep minions alive in all boss fights, but can be done. I like the addition of running Animate Guardian and Zombies for extra utility and meatshield, which Elementalist can't do.

If you want to farm endgame bosses t16-17 fast and easy, Elementalist is better choice.
If you want to run random maps T12-15 and still level up, Necromancer is better choice.

Let me add a little note here, I ONLY play HC. So dying and waiting for the kill doesn't work for me lol.
"
dsata wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
dsata wrote:
I have followed ZiggyD's videos and wondering if I should do yours this time around. The biggest question I have is with respects to ascendancy. I have always done Necromancer but starting to feel that Elementalist might be a better way to go with duel Clayshappers. That will give me 6 golems and I feel that I can clear screens when I only had 4.

Do you think it's worth it? Especially with immunities on the elementalist side.

It depends solely on purpose :

Elementalist is better at Guardians, Shaper and Uber Atziri as bosses can't harm Golems and you can just die at beginning of fight and wait 5-7 mins for boss to die. Its extremely effective boss farmer and costs less to make guardian viable.

Necromancer is better at defense and map clear. You can use offerings both defensively and offensively depending on playstyle and minion damage nodes from ascendancy result in higher total minion damage. Necromancer needs some gearing to keep minions alive in all boss fights, but can be done. I like the addition of running Animate Guardian and Zombies for extra utility and meatshield, which Elementalist can't do.

If you want to farm endgame bosses t16-17 fast and easy, Elementalist is better choice.
If you want to run random maps T12-15 and still level up, Necromancer is better choice.

Let me add a little note here, I ONLY play HC. So dying and waiting for the kill doesn't work for me lol.

For HC I think Necromancers Bone Offer, any roll of "Rumi's Concoction", Rainbowstride and shield (Rathpith, no aegis) will give longer life than what Elementalist can offer.

Even with new Rumi roll you will get :
25% shield + 35% Bone Offer + 20% Rumis = 80% Block
48% shield + 34% Bone Offer + 10% Rumis + 20% Rainbowstride = 112% Spell block

You can also increase block with jewels which will increase spell block from Rathpith and Rainbowstride. Even with less block chance map mod your spell block should be close to 75% cap.

My build is not meant for HC but its defense mechanics are very strong, maybe change tree a bit and get all ES nodes + dual curse without infernal mantle is the way to go.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 22, 2017, 4:05:21 PM
Thanks so much for the reply - but what about Victario's? Should I not use it?

What about this guide?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAOyD049HhTkLSI4N4puKvk_fiukCS64bJdlbbRkI9MBUakMRUDW5pyt9GGvb7IpMs9Af7-vkIilPVcY6WKyYg9v318y8RAQQl025hWCqxJuhj0aESFxrw22nCJ2uGmzjahZvJKo26ffB2QsqmPqA6-4y0UVHiECmrJAzwGYEs6IA8B9o8ox2njxmVBo4kFUnL5rgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6mK2Cx9P7qH1akWqs-ehodNpiGFZBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZX8kU64VfJDXwi9GwLyT2_l_IekyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS8EB-w4hXs62A==
Last edited by dsata on Mar 22, 2017, 4:16:31 PM
"
dsata wrote:

What about this guide?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAOyD049HhTkLSI4N4puKvk_fiukCS64bJdlbbRkI9MBUakMRUDW5pyt9GGvb7IpMs9Af7-vkIilPVcY6WKyYg9v318y8RAQQl025hWCqxJuhj0aESFxrw22nCJ2uGmzjahZvJKo26ffB2QsqmPqA6-4y0UVHiECmrJAzwGYEs6IA8B9o8ox2njxmVBo4kFUnL5rgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6mK2Cx9P7qH1akWqs-ehodNpiGFZBh7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZX8kU64VfJDXwi9GwLyT2_l_IekyfviPk3189Jsb6KoS8EB-w4hXs62A==

Victario's is great offensive offhand and provides some protection on form of extended Phase Run, but maybe in HC running Rathpith or other high ES shield is more worth the lost damage. With enough increased duration from tree and ascendancy Phase Run is still great tool.

Tree is for hybrid build, which I'm not very familiar with so can't give much advice. It's best to read my build guide and then threads to select which tools and synergies you want to mix with some existing HC necromancer build. Guide is less about skill tree, and more about trying to explain how each tool works and how they can be used together. Most of theory can be used on either ES, life or hybrid builds.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 22, 2017, 5:18:46 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
dsata wrote:

What about this guide?

Victario's is great offensive offhand and provides some protection on form of extended Phase Run, but maybe in HC running Rathpith or other high ES shield is more worth the lost damage. With enough increased duration from tree and ascendancy Phase Run is still great tool.

Tree is for hybrid build, which I'm not very familiar with so can't give much advice. It's best to read my build guide and then threads to select which tools and synergies you want to mix with some existing HC necromancer build. Guide is less about skill tree, and more about trying to explain how each tool works and how they can be used together. Most of theory can be used on either ES, life or hybrid builds.

Well your build is really defensive - I ran a necro that was way less defensive until lvl 8x and died to one shot - but I wonder why you say it isn't an HC build?
Hey ! Firstable thank you for this very detailed build, i always wanted to try golemancer,

I created my new char few days ago, it s going well, but today i had some problem with my guardian he died two or three times with all the gear he was supposed to wear,

I dont have the suggested primordial might crimson jewel but i think i already got a good starting gear, would you min to inspect my profile when you'll get time ?

I 'd like to optimize my char as much as possible, so if you have some ' next step advices ' i' ll take it all ;)

Thx again for your build, you did a V nice work there ;)
"
dsata wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
dsata wrote:

What about this guide?

Well your build is really defensive - I ran a necro that was way less defensive until lvl 8x and died to one shot - but I wonder why you say it isn't an HC build?

I mean that I have never played HC, so I can't really advice that much on tree or gear choice as i don't know needed levels of ES or life to stay alive as different levels. I feel terrible if players try this build in HC and die as my tree and gear are for softcore XD

I'm doing experimental build to add massive defences to build keeping HC players in mind. Changes will be done to main build in few days when all tests are done. Changes are at least :

- More block / spell block
- Extra minions as meatshield
- Boost non-golem minions level and tankiness up
- Add extra defence as glove enchantment
- Add better flasks to build
- Alternate shield for very hard bosses

Dps will be same as before if not bit better so I'm not sacrificing from damage.

"
kami_koi wrote:
Hey ! Firstable thank you for this very detailed build, i always wanted to try golemancer,

I created my new char few days ago, it s going well, but today i had some problem with my guardian he died two or three times with all the gear he was supposed to wear,

I dont have the suggested primordial might crimson jewel but i think i already got a good starting gear, would you min to inspect my profile when you'll get time ?

I 'd like to optimize my char as much as possible, so if you have some ' next step advices ' i' ll take it all ;)

Thx again for your build, you did a V nice work there ;)

Thank you very much for your support :)

Your gear looks pretty solid and links to AG are all good. I'm trying experimental build right now that boosts AG level up greatly and uses tanky zombies for extra meat shield. If you want to try it out, you can do next modification.

- Buy +1 level corrupted "Rainbowstride Conjurer Boots", cost 15-30c in league.
- Link to them Animate Guardian -> Raise Zombie -> Minion Life -> Empower.

The setup is not most cheapest as you need R-R-B-B corrupt links to boots, but it boosts AG lifepool massively. My AG can tank alone T16 minotaur, 10 of its summons and all aoe damage without problem at level 25. Also Zombies will be beefy as they have high level, block chance and they are close to AG so they get the 4% regen. Its still in testing process but I haven't lost single zombie in maps below t16 and haven't seen AG life drop below 90% (AG life went from 18k -> 31k)

You can also give AG "The Bringer of Rain" helmet to boost its tankiness. Animate Guardian can use both "The Bringer of Rain" and any armor at the same time. Bor gives AG extra block chance, life and AG will generate endurance charges that greatly reduce taken damage.

More optimizations are coming in few days when I finish updating guide.
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 22, 2017, 9:08:57 PM
Updated most new changes to main build. List includes :

Minions
- Boosted Animate Guardians level to 25
- Added 6x level 26 Zombies as meatshields
- Added "Rathpith Globe" as alternative shield for spell bases boss battles
* Minions have 75% block / 75% spell block with Bone Offer up, jewels and "Rathpith Globe" Shield
- Added Gloves enchant "Of Reflection" that summons extra minion when hit for decoy

Flasks
- Added "Rumi's Concoction" Flask
- Added "The Overflowing Chalice" Flask
- Added "Kiara's Determination" Flask
- Took Flask nodes from passive tree over Witch start

Gear / Gem changes
- Upgraded "Rainbowstride"s to "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems" version
- Added "Raize Zombie" 21/20 gem
- Dropped clarity

Build Changes
- Updated "Gear Recommendations"
- Updated "Skill Tree"
- Updated "Gems Links"
- Updated "Current Gear"
- Updated "Animate Guardian gear"
- Added "Boss Killing strategies" category
- Added "Tricks" category
- Added "How To Get Endgame Gear" category
- Added "How to get Gloves enchant" under recommended gloves section

Youtube changes
- Trying new HD recording settings
* Added new video with changed gear, tree and added minions

https://youtu.be/xeoXnfupkgQ

Ran over 20x T14-15 maps with random mods to test new changes and have not lost any minions or died.

I will add later more boss killing technigues and maybe own selection for HC players that are interested in build.

What do you think about Youtube video quality with these settings?
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 23, 2017, 3:48:47 PM

Video quality is superb.
Is it possible to run a golem build without 15+Ex worth of unique jewels?

I really want to run a firegolem build but I cant afford the jewels. :-(
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info