| 3.0 | Electro Cyclone | T17 DOWN |

My end goal for this build is to do end game content. End game bosses have very high elemental resistances. With that in mind, faster attacks should be the superior option here.

We use conductivity, -20 Pen from Brain Rattler, and a lightning penetration gem to let our lightning damage do its work. Fire damage gets none of these benefits. A faster attack gem on the other hand makes our lightning damage even better and scales well while avoiding the fire damage resistance issue.

I am doing 10+ maps with little difficulty. If anyone is doing 15+ feel free to try faster attacks and see how it performs. I would love to know/see your tooltips.
Yesterday bought Brain rattler and tried the following for map clearing/boss killing:
5l Cyclone-wed-melee phys-phys to lightning-lightning pen
Conductivity
Herald of thunder and Herald of ash. (For Guardians and Shaper should be Wrath?)

Up to T9 performs really good, everything just melt in seconds. HoT and HoA gives me extra life leech as I’m missing regen with Vaal pact. When I run blood rage, survivability depends on speed between packs, but now, if you get stuck/stunned/freeze, lightning beams and overkill ignite heals you saving your butt.

Once 6l I will test Faster attacks and Concentrated effect as 6l. Still not sure which one is better. Conc effect will add half of cyclone damage on top but maybe faster attacks with 1 additional attack per second will be enough. We`ll see.

Chirijaden_ can you open your profile? Just want to see your char. Thx)
NANI
Sup, got another rock to think about, read somwhere that you are runing blood rage, know BR is good for frenzy charges and increased life regen from leeches and so, but it kills you, and you said somwhere that to deal with that you runing HoT with added fire dmg or something like that, so lets say BR is only for charges, than why not to go with blood dance boots? well iam using thos on my legacy FB build that was made long time ago and boots even tho was forgoten, has its good points, if BR for charges and life leech, than build has to have much more defencive capabilitys to sustain not being able to regen due of VP, so life leech on jewels or jewelery probably. Cuz when was runing blade flurry i realy realy didnt liked BR beacause of its degen and had to grab chayula green jewel to get frenzy charges, which worked like a charm, so maybe that is a good way to generate frenz charges, just idea to think about.
Last edited by diabloxxx400 on Mar 9, 2017, 1:30:04 PM
"
diabloxxx400 wrote:
Sup, got another rock to think about, read somwhere that you are runing blood rage, know BR is good for frenzy charges and increased life regen from leeches and so, but it kills you, and you said somwhere that to deal with that you runing HoT with added fire dmg or something like that, so lets say BR is only for charges, than why not to go with blood dance boots? well iam using thos on my legacy FB build that was made long time ago and boots even tho was forgoten, has its good points, if BR for charges and life leech, than build has to have much more defencive capabilitys to sustain not being able to regen due of VP, so life leech on jewels or jewelery probably. Cuz when was runing blade flurry i realy realy didnt liked BR beacause of its degen and had to grab chayula green jewel to get frenzy charges, which worked like a charm, so maybe that is a good way to generate frenz charges, just idea to think about.

Blood rage is good because of Attack speed bonus and chance to generate Frenzy charge.

You can use Blood dance boots instead of BR, but you will lose attack speed per frenzy charge and we don`t want to lose that.

How is life leech working for berserker - When you receive "Savage hit" (meaning hit that removes at least 15% of your maximum life) you proc Cloaked in Savagery ascendancy node (100% of Damage Leeched as Life if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently
50% increased Damage if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently
25% increased Attack Speed if you've taken a Savage Hit Recently)

SO basically, we will have 100% life leech all the time, plus, we have Vaal pact - instant full life after each hit. You don`t need more life leech/you can`t have more life leech :D

Just spin to be alive that`s it, HoT and HoA just add extra leech while you`re moving around (they`re hitting enemies leeching 100% of that damage to you)

Chayula`s green jewel might work, BUT! it`s kind of expensive (55c right now) and you need to spend at least 3 points on your tree to be effective (Duelist area) your choice here.
NANI
Hey everyone I was thinking about which lab enchant is best. I currently have a decent chunk of attack speed speed so I was thinking about the increased 40% cyclone damage.

I know that for most meta cyclone builds attack speed is the ONLY option. Ngamahus needs it for the fireballs, phys cyclone wants attack speed for poison/bleed scaling, but our pure electric cyclone needs a balance of attack speed and damage.

Anyone have a good calculation to decide which one is best? Thanks in advance.
Hi friend, glad cyclone is back into game , just have one question did u beat Merc Izaro with or without Vaal Pact?
"
Johnnycation wrote:
Hi friend, glad cyclone is back into game , just have one question did u beat Merc Izaro with or without Vaal Pact?

Either way, still works.
NANI
Hey man just wanted to let you know how things are going.

I am sadly giving up on the build after hitting tier 16s. Regrettably, even 1-2 damage mod Minotaur is decidedly rough for this build. We are too squishy, and deal too little damage to reliably do end game. One shots are prevalent with zerker nodes.

My final stats were 6500 hp with just over 3k armor. Had an almost perfect roll Rattler. 6l belly with the links of cyclone, lightning pen, phys to light, faster attacks, melee phys, and weapon elemental dmg. I ran Hatred and blasphemy conductivity.

Things I could have improved.
- More jewels/jewel slots. I only have 3 Good jewels. This would be a significant but not huge dps increase.
- A good Cyclone helm enchant.
- I only took it to 90. If I could somehow stomach the 1 shot bullshit/reflect issues and level to like 96 I could probably increase my life by 21% and get a bunch of extra dmg from jewels.
- I only had some gems qualitied up to 20. None were huge changes to the build.
- Spiked gloves and a rustic sash for extra phys. I had just really high life + res and elemental dmg on my belt. My gloves had attack speed and lots of +flat phys with life and res. So I could have possibly squeezed out a little more damage here.

Things it did well.
- All maps at 14and under. If you shaped your 15, that as well. Leveling was not the easiest, but as soon as you start to throw on leveling uniques (Kondos Pride was a huge help and carried me to leve 85) things get better.
- Uber lab is no problem.

Things it did poorly.
- Reflect wrecks us so hard. All you can do is lure them into another pack and try to out leech, or in the alternative let ancestral warchief slowly whack them down. If you don't see the reflect its just insta death.
- One shots. One shots were incredibly rough with this build. Even with decent/good gear, I just could not get tanky enough. What I could have done here is get a little more life but I would have had to sacrifice damage, and our damage here is really not amazing.
- Damage. At the end of the day we have no poison/bleed/ignite scaling. We rely on lightning damage and lots of penetration. The theory I had here was that the "more" damage modifier you get from penetration would be enough to really make us do great damage. Sadly that was not the reality of the situation.

TLDR - Its fun and good enough for clearing but cyclone itself is just not good enough to really close out those end game single target bosses. I really wanted brain rattler to work, but the AOE nerfs last patch and typical cyclone clunkiness just makes this too rough to play at end game.

PS - If anyone is able to kill shaper with this build I would love to see a video.
Last edited by Chirijaden_ on Mar 11, 2017, 10:32:04 AM
Chirijaden_, why would you run Hatred? It`s added Cold damage, and we penetrate only lightning. Thats a great damage loss there
NANI
I ran Hatred because it is a percentage of phys dmg. The added damage from wrath is not a percent, and our insanely high phys dmg should have scaled it high enough to deal with all but the most resistant bosses.

What auras were you running? You indicated earlier in this thread that you were running HoA and conductivity/ele weakness depending. I don't see how that is any different.

In case anyone is reading this and is looking for the same respec I did. Check out this build... https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1775175

Its a CWC Chaos Firestorm build using 75% of the nodes we took, all of the same zerker ascendancies, and 2/3 bandits. The respec took me 40ish regrets but I am now easily farming guardians and building a solid map pool.

Good luck everyone!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info