Donald Trump and US politics

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

Political predictions is my best, I told halfway during the election Trump would win everyone was laughing at me.

I called it the day he announced he was running. I know 'Muhrica. People laughed at me too. Guess we got the last laugh.

FWIW i wish we had the equivalent in Canada. I'd vote for him.

I have one name to give you: Kevin O’Leary

he's less rough than Trump on his politics (Canadian version I guess)

But he's very similar in many way, he's a conservative, he's a businessman, he even did TV shows at one point and he's not a politician.

and about Trump, well I only started to think he would win halfway, I actually won a huge bet on his political victory xD. Usually I'm faster on my insight, but this time I wasn't really following USA politics I was more interested in what was going on in Europe at the time, the Brexit and everything was very exciting. But when I started following the campaign I saw many similar subject to what was going on in Europe, and I saw a similar picture.

Short story and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone thinking so, Trump won, for the same reasons Brexit happened.
Not a fan of O'Leary. Strange i know. He strikes me as a "Me too" poseur.

I'm leaning much more towards Bernier. TBH anyone but pretty boy will do.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Trump makes an extremely serious accusation based solely on something he saw on TV

That's what happened if you see the world through a "Trump is a fucking moron" lense, which you probably do. Obviously I believe that Trump knew way more before posting those tweets.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Trump makes an extremely serious accusation based solely on something he saw on TV

That's what happened if you see the world through a "Trump is a fucking moron" lense, which you probably do. Obviously I believe that Trump knew way more before posting those tweets.

Meanwhile Hillary entire campaign was based on CNN's false claim without a single proof.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Do you really take that away from what you saw?

I'm forever trying to wipe my mind and look at things from different perspectives. Try as I may, I can never get past Trump being a buffoon that just repeats things that he sees on FOX, Breitbart, Levin, etc.

I do try, but I just can't see the emperor's clothes, at all.

"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Meanwhile Hillary entire campaign was based on CNN's false claim without a single proof.

Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer, DWS, Brazile, Tanden.... the DNC on the whole, are a disgrace. They ran a horrible campaign with horrible, corporate, elite establishment agendas with the worst candidate they possibly could. CNN, MSNBC, etc didn't help.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 3, 2017, 7:40:26 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Try as I may, I can never get past Trump being a buffoon that just repeats things that he sees on FOX, Breitbart, Levin, etc.

I have no problem getting past that because I'm pretty sure that's not what's happening. It's probably the other way round, Trump/Bannon feed the story to certain journalists, the journalists bite and then Trump tweets about it for maximum impact.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Hillary, Pelosi, Schumer, DWS, Brazile, Tanden.... the DNC on the whole, are a disgrace. They ran a horrible campaign with horrible, corporate, elite establishment agendas with the worst candidate they possibly could. CNN, MSNBC, etc didn't help.

believe me or not.... I'm canadian and I've always voted liberal (except once). I've always been a left wing person, and I still am. But I supported Trump in that election, and I know I'm not alone. There's many people who ended up voting for Trump that voted twice for Obama.

When stuff like that happen you really want to think twice about the future of your party, your candidates and your strategy.

And I really think the democrats are great in general but they need to shake things up seriously, or they will face a defeat after another.
Last edited by diablofdb on Apr 3, 2017, 9:05:09 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Bannon feeds the story to certain journalists, the journalists bite and then Trump tweets about it for maximum impact.

FTFY
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
White House lawyers last month learned that the former national security adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

The pattern of Rice's requests was discovered in a National Security Council review of the government's policy on "unmasking" the identities of individuals in the U.S. who are not targets of electronic eavesdropping, but whose communications are collected incidentally. Normally those names are redacted from summaries of monitored conversations and appear in reports as something like "U.S. Person One."

You dropped something.

"
This suggests Rice's unmasking requests were likely within the law.

Maggie Haberman dropped something. She had the story (and by implication, so should have the rest of the MSM) for 48 hours and did not report it.

The failing NYT and the MSM lied to the American people yet once again. When they knew who was responsible for the unmasking, they said nothing. The overall story has been in the news and is definitely newsworthy. If this was such a "nothingbuger" then why hide it?

I wonder how long Obama will hang out in non-extradition countries like French Polynesia?

As for Bloomberg's assumption that Rice's actions were legal, I didn't see which legal expert they quoted that from.

By comparison:

"Michael Doran, former NSC senior director, told The DCNF Monday that “somebody blew a hole in the wall between national security secrets and partisan politics.” This “was a stream of information that was supposed to be hermetically sealed from politics and the Obama administration found a way to blow a hole in that wall.”

Doran charged that potential serious crimes were undertaken because “this is a leaking of signal intelligence.”

That’s a felony,” he told TheDCNF. “And you can get 10 years for that. It is a tremendous abuse of the system."

“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates, or anyone they were speaking with,” diGenova said. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.” according to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova."

Col. (Ret.) James Waurishuk, an NSC veteran and former deputy director for intelligence at the U.S. Central Command, told TheDCNF that many hands had to be involved throughout the Obama administration to launch such a political spying program.

“The surveillance initially is the responsibility of the National Security Agency,” Waurishuk said. “They have to abide by this guidance when one of the other agencies says, ‘we’re looking at this particular person which we would like to unmask.’”

“The lawyers and counsel at the NSA surely would be talking to the lawyers and members of counsel at CIA, or at the National Security Council or at the Director of National Intelligence or at the FBI,” he said. “It’s unbelievable of the level and degree of the administration to look for information on Donald Trump and his associates, his campaign team and his transition team. This is really, really serious stuff.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/03/susan-rice-ordered-spy-agencies-to-produce-detailed-spreadsheets-involving-trump/

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Apr 4, 2017, 12:34:57 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

You dropped something.

"
This suggests Rice's unmasking requests were likely within the law.

Maggie Haberman dropped something. She had the story (and by implication, so should have the rest of the MSM) for 48 hours and did not report it.

The failing NYT and the MSM lied to the American people yet once again. When they knew who was responsible for the unmasking, they said nothing. The overall story has been in the news and is definitely newsworthy. If this was such a "nothingbuger" then why hide it?

I wonder how long Obama will hang out in non-extradition countries like French Polynesia?

Shit, I didn't know they sat on the story. The failing NYT strikes again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info