Donald Trump and US politics

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Sessions just now recused himself from any potential investigations of the Trump campaign. Fair enough, he was a part of the campaign after all. He completely rekt the perjury allegations though. Libs take another L.

Chaffetz totally had no idea it about to come Kappa.

I went full rage mode on Chaffetz because I confused recuse with resign lel. He wasn't wrong tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Casually casual.

"
"
pneuma wrote:
Nobody wants a war with Russia, people just want to claim that Russia launched a surgical first strike by taking over our elections and filling the White House with Russian spies.

I can't see how anyone would take the mental leap to warfare from that.
Yeah. Just like that shooting war we had with Iran after they found out we overthrew their democracy.

...That happened, right?

What a bizarre strawman of liberal positions. If you're going to accuse us of believing an insane conspiracy theory, the least you can do is make sure you have the fringe position you intend to broad-brush us with right.
You're wrong on both counts: not strawmanning, and not a liberal position. Well, not really liberal, anyway. You've been acting as useful idiots for the military-industrial complex, but not wittingly.

Here's a red pill for you, brother: check out the National Defense Authorization Act of 2017 text as of July 7, 2016. Do a Ctrl+F on Russia and check out all the hate for Russia. 3 full months before the election.

You might also want to check out this article from that bastion of right-wing propaganda, the Intercept.

The Russian election interference narrative is as bogus as Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and intended for the same purpose. And our escalation of tensions with Russia is a neocon plan much older than the election.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 2, 2017, 4:54:00 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
Assume it's all true and the conspiracy theory has real legs.

Russia worked directly with Trump and his team, hacked the election, and installed him. Executive orders were copywritten by Russians and handed to Trump to then enact. Monetary kickback schemes laid bare where Trump was personally benefiting in exchange for following orders. Proof beyond all reasonable doubt, Trump himself confesses, and so on.

What is the next step? No harm, no foul?

Clearly I am on the wrong left-wing websites, as I've only gotten as far as "Russia hacked the Clinton camp, and released information that benefited Trump". I guess I'm not on Moonbats United's mailing list. As for why it matters: well, on its own, it doesn't matter. But it demands the question - how deep do these connections go? How deep is Trump in Putin's pocket? Trump certainly has been acting bizarrely kind towards Putin.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Addendum: forgot this piece, also from the Intercept.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You're wrong on both counts: not strawmanning, and not a liberal position. Well, not really liberal, anyway. You've been acting as useful idiots for the military-industrial complex, but not wittingly.

Here's a red pill for you, brother: check out the National Defense Authorization Act of 2017 text as of July 7, 2016. Do a Ctrl+F on Russia and check out all the hate for Russia. 3 full months before the election.

You might also want to check out this article from that bastion of right-wing propaganda, the Intercept.

The Russian election interference narrative is as bogus as Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, and intended for the same purpose. And our escalation of tensions with Russia is a neocon plan much older than the election.

You'll have to excuse me if I'm not up for reading through a legal document so long that it literally slows down my computer - at least, not after half a bottle of Crown Yard. But it shouldn't come as a shocker that we're not exactly happy about Russia. We're facing off against a major world power who is a significant destabilizing influence on the current power structure. And while you say that the election interference narrative is bogus... Well, when the major intelligence organizations are all saying otherwise, I find that dubious. Call my crazy, but my faith in the entire US intelligence apparatus is not so shaken that I'll believe that they're all in cahoots attempting to warmonger against Russia. If they were, they probably would have tried a little harder to prevent Donald Trump, Mr. "Russia is our friend, we're not so innocent", from becoming president - instead of kneecapping Clinton days before the election.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 2, 2017, 5:12:20 PM
"
Call my crazy, but my faith in the entire US intelligence apparatus is not so shaken that I'll believe that they're all in cahoots attempting to warmonger against Russia. If they were, they probably would have tried a little harder to prevent Donald Trump, Mr. "Russia is our friend, we're not so innocent", from becoming president - instead of kneecapping Clinton days before the election.
Well, I'd technically agree with that. It isn't that the entire US intelligence apparatus is lying to promote the threat conflict with Russia (read: arms sales to NATO allies), or lying under oath to conceal the PRISM program revealed by Snowden, or lying to promote war with Iraq under Bush. I'd say the CIA pretty much fits that bill, though. The FBI is a little hard to figure out in that regard; Comey's behavior during the election could almost be described as schizophrenic, so "flip-floppy" would be generous.

At a minimum, however, you should have reason to doubt known (yet strangely unconvicted) perjurers like Clapper.

More content: John McAfee, of McAfee Antivirus fame, debunks Russian hacking narrative.
Hey, you guys want fake news?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/03/01/its-now-political-suicide-for-republicans-if-they-dont-call-for-a-special-prosecutor-on-russia/?postshare=6101488432657745&tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.1ca98fd4b9e4

See, it's fake news because it assumes literally anything qualifies as "political suicide" for republicans at this point. Because if "grab 'em by the pussy" didn't do it, I have no idea why any of this shit would do it.

Also LOL report on russian hacking from Russia Today.
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 2, 2017, 6:10:15 PM
I don't know why it's so hard for ppl to believe in Deep State. It's not some conspiracy its rational self interest. Thousands of ppl making individual decisions or even small group decisions because they swim the same pool and share same predispositions. More conflict means more contracts and more revolving door to military industrial complex/security surveillance state complex of companies for million dollar pay days and increasing stock prices. Or they go to work in "think tanks" funded by MIC to sway public debate pro warfare.

This is Why ppl like Eisenhower and kennedy warned us repeatly to scale it back.

As Libertarian basically everything the government touches becomes utterly corrupted simply because it's easier to buy off a few hundred congress ppls for your business than 300 million American ppl making free choice. No instead you steal the money from the people and very little helps them on return - middle men (deep state) takes most.

Now we even got Health care into deep state. Congress forcing us to buy their overpriced products.

Anyway TRUMP plan is to upset all this so he has many many many enemies federal and elite feeding you BS.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 2, 2017, 7:14:26 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Congress forcing us to buy their overpriced products.

That's because corrupt politicians, in the pockets of the insurance companies, convince you you are better off without state single payer.

There's a reason none of the systems have ever worked, there's an unnecessary component, corporation profit and huge compensation.

Why is US the richest developed country but has the worst health care?

Could it be that all the others don't have corrupt politicians telling them that single payer will give them worse healthcare?
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info