Most dangerous man in Trumps administration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrrVuRqMOs

Most dangerous man in Clinton's administration

Spoiler
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Most dangerous man in Trumps administration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrrVuRqMOs
I don't give MSNBC YouTube views, but in response to video title/description only: I agree. Pence could work with Congress to remove Trump. That is dangerous indeed.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Americans need to get news from a source without such a high potential for conflicts of interest (i.e. that actually cares about America first and foremost). This is probably more important now, after electing a president who chooses nationalism over globalism.

Private billionaire owned, huge multinational owned, and foreign owned news companies should be blocked from government briefings (unless, perhaps, they pass some sort of objectivity/reliability standard).

You can do this and still maintain a free press (refer to the 80s before massive deregulation and consolidation). Thank Bill Clinton for media ownership deregulation in the 90s (I'm sure the 6 corporations that were able to buy thousands of smaller outlets and now own 90% of US media thank him too).

Is it any surprise that media integrity has gone to shit when you have huge multinationals or rich individuals buying failing media outlets and operating at a loss simply to push their own agendas?

I'd like to see a US state run news outlet, to compete with Russia, China, and other state news. Canada has CBC (crown corporation, i.e. owned by Canada), the UK has BBC (statutory corporation, created by parliament to serve public good). US has... PBS? But that's independently owned, so it's just a public broadcaster that receives public funding. Did PBS even go to the white house briefing?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 24, 2017, 10:45:25 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Americans need to get news from a source without such a high potential for conflicts of interest (i.e. that actually cares about America first and foremost). This is probably more important now, after electing a president who chooses nationalism over globalism.

Private billionaire owned, huge multinational owned, and foreign owned news companies should be blocked from government briefings (unless, perhaps, they pass some sort of objectivity/reliability standard).

You can do this and still maintain a free press (refer to the 80s before massive deregulation and consolidation). Thank Bill Clinton for media ownership deregulation in the 90s (I'm sure the 6 corporations that were able to buy thousands of smaller outlets and now own 90% of US media thank him too).

Is it any surprise that media integrity has gone to shit when you have huge multinationals or rich individuals buying failing media outlets and operating at a loss simply to push their own agendas?

I'd like to see a US state run news outlet, to compete with Russia, China, and other state news. Canada has CBC (crown corporation, i.e. owned by Canada), the UK has BBC (statutory corporation, created by parliament to serve public good). US has... PBS? But that's independently owned, so it's just a public broadcaster that receives public funding. Did PBS even go to the white house briefing?

"Americans First" is Identity Politics. Victims of identity politics! Which politics isn't Americans? It is akin to calling Americans in your out groups "fake Americans", fake Americans.

The problem isn't the conflicts of interest but the lack of it. It is control by corporate interest for profit. It doesn't serve everybody else. It isn't the conflicts of interest, but lack of it. They do not have the passion for the truth. Why is the "liberal" media following Trump like lapdogs? Trump is sensational news. He is feeding them like hungry poodles. What does that do?

You don't call it free press, without chaos. Freedom is chaotic and disorderly. "Liberal" media is too orderly, it is controlled, it is staged. Why can't "liberal" media call people names? Call them deplorable!!! Why fucking not? "Liberal" media are like robots. "Liberal" don't stand for freedom, they stand for control. What "liberals" stand for isn't freedom but an orderly society. The "liberal" movement has made the less liberal feel shunned, that is the mistake they pay for dearly. They refuse to accept flaws on their own side. Republicans can vote for their own bigotries, "liberals" couldn't vote for their own corruption.
Last edited by deathflower on Feb 25, 2017, 12:19:14 AM
"
Vhlad wrote:
1 Is it any surprise that media integrity has gone to shit when you have huge multinationals or rich individuals buying failing media outlets and operating at a loss simply to push their own agendas?

2 I'd like to see a US state run news outlet, to compete with Russia, China, and other state news. Canada has CBC (crown corporation, i.e. owned by Canada), the UK has BBC (statutory corporation, created by parliament to serve public good). US has... PBS? But that's independently owned, so it's just a public broadcaster that receives public funding. Did PBS even go to the white house briefing?
Numbers mine.

1 This is the key problem of capitalism. The Einstein problem. I've covered it before.

2 NPR?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
NPR is radio only right? It has public + private funding. It's a membership organization that's independent, not state run. Still, as a public broadcaster its mandate is to serve the public good. Did NPR have anyone at the white house briefing?
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
So just have state sponsored propaganda from who's ever in power at the time instead of corporate sponsored propaganda?

I'm not even sure people really care about unbiased news. The right didn't mind fake news when it was about Obama and Trump has put out plenty of fake news. If it lines up with what people want to believe it seems to be good enough.
Congratulations on nearly 140 pages of Path of Exile's community contribution to US Politics.
"
SnowCrash wrote:
So just have state sponsored propaganda from who's ever in power at the time instead of corporate sponsored propaganda?

I'm not even sure people really care about unbiased news. The right didn't mind fake news when it was about Obama and Trump has put out plenty of fake news. If it lines up with what people want to believe it seems to be good enough.

You need the proliferation of decentralized news. People have self interest, agendas. If you are paid to say it, you ended up being just doing your job. That is the danger of unbiased news. You don't say what on your mind. Liberal news on their quest for being precise and accurate, they suppress their own emotion and ended up being less Truthful. We all have flaws, weaknesses, and quirks.. You are surrounded by people with them. It is part of who you are. The left for intolerant of intolerance, create the paradox. The lack of diversity.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info