Donald Trump and US politics

"
Head_Less wrote:
"
SnowCrash wrote:

Wow they asked for help for the dam while red states basically live off the taxes of states like California.

After claiming they will secede.
And why waiting 8 years to repair a Dam? I illegals don t make good engineers.

You mean like Texas did when Obama won? Red states are full of illegals why do you think all those farm towns look like little mexico?
"
SnowCrash wrote:

You mean like Texas did when Obama won? Red states are full of illegals why do you think all those farm towns look like little mexico?

Indeed 60 000 made an online petition to secede during Obama time, however the Gov of Texas did not take part of this stupid shit, unlike Gov. Jerry Brown

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Only things sales taxed are luxury items not necessities (food)
Excise you dont need booze or cigarettes to live, again optional.
Property most states have exemption of a few hundred tho. Only higher end homes taxed. But yes property tax is theft in many cases sadly.

Um... Food is definitely taxed. Maybe it wasn't in the past, I am not well-informed about what the US tax code looked like before FDR, but where I lived in Maine, there were sales taxes on food. Just like everything else. I am also not particularly well-informed about what the police, fire departments, courts, and prisons looked like back in the 19th century. I get the feeling that these "voluntary" taxes (which to me seems like a distinction without a difference if we are actually talking about theft) would not really cover any of these systems in their modern form. I also doubt it'd cover maintenance on the national highways. Or the various social safety net programs quite a lot of people are quite attached to...
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Women having to pay a luxury tax on tampons is bullshit.
anything is everything
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
SnowCrash wrote:

Indeed 60 000 made an online petition to secede during Obama time, however the Gov of Texas did not take part of this stupid shit, unlike Gov. Jerry Brown

The Texas governor had the nation guard watch over jade helm because he thought Obama was gonna try and take over Texas. So i guess both sides do stupid shit from time to time.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Property most states have exemption of a few hundred tho. Only higher end homes taxed. But yes property tax is theft in many cases sadly.

Um... Food is definitely taxed. Maybe it wasn't in the past, I am not well-informed about what the US tax code looked like before FDR, but where I lived in Maine, there were sales taxes on food. Just like everything else. I am also not particularly well-informed about what the police, fire departments, courts, and prisons looked like back in the 19th century. I get the feeling that these "voluntary" taxes (which to me seems like a distinction without a difference if we are actually talking about theft) would not really cover any of these systems in their modern form. I also doubt it'd cover maintenance on the national highways. Or the various social safety net programs quite a lot of people are quite attached to...

There is no tax on food unless luxury like a restaurant or fast food. Granted every state is different but I travel a lot and I'm a vegetarian so I must go to grocery store to find something edible and never seen sales tax on food.

Prisons existed much better than today too which are for profit big corporate bullcrap which want recidivism so rehabilitation is none.

All these programs are unsustainable or havnt you seen the western debt crisis? These people "grown attached" are in for a rude awakening.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2017, 7:48:19 AM
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

We have federalism meaning two governments

The feds got their money through tariffs and excise tax. The local governments and states were wildly different. Some still have no income tax to this day.

Anyway all the safty measures were covered on very basic taxes (prisons FD roads and police dont cost that much) its the recent advent of social welfare thats killing us (and perpetual warfare another welfare program for the rich). In 1913 the feds made an income tax. This only effected the top 1% until after WW2.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 24, 2017, 8:06:23 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Only things sales taxed are In 1913 the feds made an income tax. This only effected the top 1% until after WW2.

The lowest tax bracket in 1917 was 2% on anything under 2k a year and went up to 67% for the top bracket.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

The difference between republican and democrat cities is free shit basically. You give free shit you get more freeloaders. Free citizenship (even for criminals with sanctuary cities) get more liabilities.

All goes back to master philosopher Reagan axiom “If you want more of something, subsidize it; if you want less of something, tax it.”

Citation needed - that this is the main difference, that this actually is a consistent difference, and that this is always a net negative. This smacks me as almost absurdly oversimplified.

Basic law of supply and demand. Raise the price and the demand goes down. Lower the price and the demand goes up.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/Supply.html
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info