[2.5] Hevnly Inferno - Chieftain Hybrid Life/ES RF, End Game viable (shaper/guardian videos at end)

(T16 guardian and Shaper kill video links at the end)
This is not a starter build or a cheap/budget build. This was my second build of Breach league so my currency went into making this as good as I possibly could.

This is another Righteous Fire build as its main/only damage source. However, instead of life based, it is energy shield based. This makes it possible to get very high base RF damage from having some life and adding a huge ES pool. Currently 3.5k life + 11k ES.
(character sheet in HideOut with self auras, no charges.)
Spoiler

The point of the build is to get the most intense RF burn possible. Atlas currently at 123/126, first time I've ever done end game T16/guardians and Shaper is with this build. Here's how I did it.

My current gear setup along with gems and links for general mapping/guardians:
Spoiler

Explanation of gears:
Spoiler

Weapon: Doryani's Catalyst BiS for RF.

Amulet: Presence of Chayula was pretty much created for a hybrid/low life build like this, and it was the item that inspired me to try this build. I was not disappointed. The stun immunity and chaos resist is great for survival, guaranteed movement at all times is key for smoothness and flow. The life conversion to ES is surprisingly decent also, and makes the life to ES ratio better for sustaining RF, because RF burns you less for ES than for life(LUL life builds).

Helm: Enchanted Hubris with RF damage and crafted with Essence of horror for best dps. Pretty much the centerpiece of this build, the more ES and life u can get (crafting or buying one) the better. I used about 20-25 essence of horror crafting mine, I called it quits after I got the one I'm using now because the resists were too good to pass up.

Right ring slot: Shavronne's Revelation, need all the ES regen possible since I'm not using RotP, so this is great. I bought The Thaumaturgist divination cards from people to get this ring, got lucky on the corruption and roll :)

Body Armor: Surprise, I'm hybrid life/ES and no shav's. Intentionally. 788 ES + 114 life with 6 sockets/links is too good to pass up. I don't play hardcore breach league, and my chaos resist is good enough. It has been pretty easy up until I hit T16 guardians, then u have to avoid doing "monsters poison on hit" map mods. or just have capped chaos resist, which I couldn't get myself.

Left ring slot: Rare Opal ring with highest life and ES rolls u can find, resists as u need also. opal for better dps, could also go coral or es rings but opal seems best to me. Could also try to craft an opal ring with essence of anger for more fire dps, but would be very hard/expensive to also get high ES and life on it.

Belt: Crystal belt with highest life and ES u can find, with flask duration also being very important for any RF build. also resists as u need. If u can find any base belt with T1 life, ES, flask duration, chaos resist and corrupted + 1 endurance charges, would be BiS.

Shield: I don't use Rise of the Phoenix. Instead a rare ES Shield with (u guessed it) highest ES and Life rolls u can find. Need to master craft Leo mod of reduced damage over time taken onto it. shield needs a free suffix, and requires a lvl 3 Leo. 20% reduced is best roll. also resists as u need.

Boots: I sacrifice the life roll for 30 movespeed, so just get as high ES rolls as u can find with ms, also resists as u need. Most useful enchant seems to be 2% life regen on being hit, which I got on my second try, also maybe light/cold added to attacks for procing EE with shield charge could be useful.

Gloves: Highest ES/life rolls u can find, with resists as needed. Possibly better to craft gloves with essence of insanity for a faster shield charge, but its not always better to get a faster shield charge when RF needs some time to kill the higher life targets. Enchantment not super important, just make sure it doesn't do fire damage so it doesn't ruin your EE.

Flasks: Dying Sun and Witchfire Brew, so good for quality of life and dps. Dying Sun carries me on maps that have the unfun less aoe mod.
Need one life flask for emergencies and to pay for skills, I prefer a Bubbling Divine of Staunching.
Last 2 slots are changeable depending on what you're doing, one flask always needs to be antifreeze flask, mine is usually a granite. Lastly I use a chemist Silver of adrenaline to zoom around faster. until I hit a rock :(

Jewels: Try to get jewels with %life and %ES, 7%life 8%ES is optimal, then round out your resists/stats as needed. increased damage over time and area damage are possible damage mods to get as suffixes, so keep an eye out for those with life/es.

Explanation of gems/links for general mapping/guardians:
Spoiler

Helm: RF + Elemental Focus + Inc AoE + Conc Effect is my preferred gem setup for RF. I never sub out or change these gems.

Weapon: Inc Duration + Vaal Discipline + Vaal Discipline. Vaal Discipline is pretty good for this build, makes us near immortal and increases DPS by a lot. 2 of them makes it possible to chain them on breaches or dangerous areas. FeelsGoodMan

Shield: Lvl 1 CWDT + Lvl 4 Vortex + Inc AoE. Double duty as both a way to proc EE when orb of storms isn't hitting all the enemies surrounding me, and also for the chill effect to slow them down.

Body Armor: 6 link not necessary. (I used to have a 6l Flameblast here but I never used it)
Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster attacks + Life Gain on Hit. Flame Dash + Faster casting. I moved shield charge here because its easier to get 3 red + 1 green when theres 6 sockets (i used vorici 2 red + 1 green option until +1 red came up, 3-4 tries iirc) I put flame dash here for added utility and escapability.

Boots: Purity of Fire + Discipline + Vitality + Enlighten. higher lvl the better.

Gloves: Flame Golem. Enduring Cry. ob of storms + inc critical strikes. Orb of storms is double duty, main source of procing EE, and main source of procing Elemental Overload. rounding out our gems is enduring cry for sustaining endurance charges on bosses, and flame golem for more dps.

Explanation of gems/links changes for killing Shaper:
Spoiler

Body Armor and Shield gem slots changed, and changed out a flask slot:

Body Armor: Fireball + Controlled Destruction + Iron Will + Empower + Life Leech + Slower Projectiles.
Also switch out slower proj for Culling Strike as needed.
Removed flame dash + faster casting, and moved shield charge into shield. I refused to recolor the gem slots since I do mapping the most and they are still best colors for that. But for shaper I needed more dps, so I put 6link Fireball here. Life leech is for refilling life as u spend it on skills, and countering any chaos dmg u might face.

Shield: I removed the CWDT + vortex setup, and moved Shield Charge + Fortify + Faster attacks into the shield gem slots.

The Sulphur Flask is a great added DPS boost, and it doesn't hurt that it also makes consecrated ground for more regeneration. It has 3 uses before it needs to be filled so I also made it the anti-freeze flask slot.

Ascendancy Class:
I chose Chieftain for the free life regen and fire damage nodes, plus easy endurance charge generating node. Go for Ramako, Suns Light soon as possible. Then get the life regen nodes or Tawhoa, Forest Strength as needed.
I do not get Hinekora, Deaths Fury because that would proc EE on shield charge and ruin my burn dps.

Bandits:
Passive. Passive. Endurance charge.

Passive Tree
The passive tree before lvl 70 isn't much help to dps. Just travel to fire dmg, life and life regen nodes and let leveling uniques carry you.

Spoiler

Lvl 67 Tree:

Lvl 80 tree:

Current Passive tree at lvl 92:

Past lvl 92:
Theres a couple ways to go after this, not sure which I'm gonna take yet.
1. Could just got for the rest of the ES nodes above Scion and the jewel socket just above marauder start.
2. Could go full aura nodes and get aura effect on the Sovereignty aura wheel + Leadership aura wheel to right above scion.
3. Could get Fire Walker above witch, and use Intuitive Leap jewel at scion life regen wheel to get the two 5% AoE nodes and the 25% skill duration node.

I'm still not sure which of these I will go, but the area nodes sure would be nice lol.

Explanation of passive tree:
Spoiler

I get 4 keystones, all of which are important. Elemental Overload, Elemental Equilibrium, Zealots Oath, and Blood Magic.
I get Blood Magic because Shav's ring makes mana regen hard, and I'm not wasting a flask slot on mana.
Don't get blood magic until u can get mortal conviction at the same time, save up the pts if needed.

Elemental Overload is perfect for RF for obvious reasons, we don't crit with RF, and more elemental damage is always good.

Elemental Equilibrium because its immune to hexproof and less curse effect map mods.

Zealot's Oath because we are ES based RF...
Don't get ZO until u are fully ES geared. I think I got it at 70 or maybe few lvls later.

Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory. The life regen for endurance charges node is great. Stack as much life regen, life, energy shield, AoE, and fire/elemental damage as possible.

Videos:
I have all the T16 guardian runs, and a Shaper kill video up, plus some other random unique maps/breachstones too.

Last edited by decryptor on Feb 11, 2017, 12:03:44 PM
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2017, 10:40:11 AM
Made a few small changes to make it end game viable for killing Shaper, and slightly smoother faster for killing guardians. All videos included. Thanks for any feedback or other possible additions u can come up with.
Please can you post your passive tree build :)
I have links to the passive trees right after the bandits and ascendancy classes section in the spoilers for 67, 80, and 92. They are above the passive tree explanation, sorry if its too many spoiler sections and u missed them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info