[2.6] Fantasy of a Guardian [All Content] [SC/HC] [Deathless Uber Atziri Video inside]

In a land before time a company decided to introduce a templar subclass which was totally abused for helping naturally overpowered other subclasses: The Guardian.

At the end of the day the Guardian went to bed and felt empty.
He closed his eyes and imagined a different world...

Here was the result.

~~~~***~~~
FAQ

Spoiler

How do you deal damage i.e. what is your main skill?
Spoiler
Blade Vortex with poison, check out gearing section [Weapons]

Is Vitality necessary?
Spoiler
vitality raises the ES regen from effective 9,3% to 10,5%. it's a matter of taste. After dropping the node Growth and Decay it didn't felt right to me to also drop vitality or any more regen nodes. but yes for very situational cases you could swap out vitality for another aura which fits better. for example purity of lightning in added lightning damage map mods

How much is your DPS? Can I go for shield version, to be more tanky?
Spoiler
i did the math for pledge vs several setups, have fun:

Spoiler

Results:

i take 15% chaos res values from uber atziri. also i don't think it's intelligent to show DPS numbers in poison builds, the real value lies in Hit DPS+Full Poison Duration Dmg (let's call it true dmg)

Pledge of Hands 7L (with 155% Spell dmg): 1,8M
Redbeak without Culling Strike + Rathpith Globe (60%): 1,5M (-17%)
Redbeak with Culling Strike + Rathpith Globe (60%): 1,6M (-1%)
Redbeak with Culling Strike + 100% Crit rare ES Shield: 1,6M (-4%) [<- hey this looks good lol]
Redbeak with Culling Strike + rare ES Shield: 1,6M (-12%)
Breath of the Council (80% Chaos Dmg) + Rathpith Globe (60%): (-19%)
Breath of the Council (80% Chaos Dmg) + 100% Crit rare ES Shield: 1,4M (-23%)
Breath of the Council (80% Chaos Dmg) + rare ES Shield: 1,3M (-29%)

ES values
Pledge of Hands: 9,261
Rathpith Globe: 9,695 (+4%)
400 ES Shield: 10,566 (+12%)
521 ES Shield: 11,117 (+17%)

Summary:

In my opinion a great way to go for a shield is
redbeak with culling strike and 100% Crit rare ES Shield. 400 ES can be enough.
without culling strike you lose around 16% true damage and it's not worth it anymore. the benefits from BotC will be higher. redbeak is cheap af tho. probably even with culling strike, only linking and coloring will require a service or lvl8 vorici if you have him ^^

~please note that rathpith globe increases your eHP vs spells A LOT. so it's a viable option vs much casting for example in vaals/atziri fight~

~~~***~~~

Spoiler

Lvl 90 Tree

Use any jewel with Inc Dmg/Area Dmg/Chaos Dmg + ES% for the 4 slots. All these double dip.

Ascendancy
1) Time of Need (defense bomb)
2) Bastion of Hope (stun immunity, sorta)
3) Radiant Faith
4) Unwavering Faith

Leveling_Trees

2 come

Spoiler

Normal: Kill
Cruel: Kill
Merciless: Alira

Spoiler

Auras Mikelat link
Blood Magic: Blasphemy+Clarity
Mana: Discipline+Arctic Armour+Vitality

Gearing_Guide

Helmet
Spoiler

You want high ES and ideally a blade vortex enchantment.

Links:
Discipline
Enlighten
Vitality
Arctic Armour

Chest

Spoiler

No Shavs, no LL, no Pain Attunement (which is bad).
So it's mandatory!
But you don't need a 6L!

Links:
Leap Slam
Faster Attacks
Fortify

Links:
Vaal Lightning Trap
Vaal Discipline
Vaal Discipline

Weapon / Off Hand
Spoiler

Big weapon for us. Provides:
1) Mana (~ 700 extra ES thanks to guardian)
2) pseudo 7L because we dont need to socket spell echo
3) spell dmg is also very nice as it scales chaos and physical dmg

Links:
Blade Vortex
Poison
Void Manipulation
Conc Effect/AoE
Inc Duration (huge quality of life improvement and other gems are not better! it's easier to sustain max charges and poison is elongated big time. do the maths)
added chaos damage (drop this if you have a 5L)

Gloves
Spoiler

Just res/es/stat source.

Links:
Blood Magic
Temporal Chains-Blasphemy
Clarity (as high as possible)

Boots
Spoiler

Just res/es/stat source.

The Life/Mana regen enchantment is the best pick here imo.

Links:
PCoC
Orb of Storms

Links:
Spell Totem
Wither (important)

Jewellery
Spoiler

rich bitches pick up +1 curse amulet. otherwise a common rare one with nice stats (need STR and DEX badly)

mainly you want ES and mana regen from your jewellry. and the stats.

Belt
Spoiler

simple

Flasks
Spoiler

flask management is very important. without it your damage is muuch worse.
don't pick witchfire brew if you don't have +1 curse amulet.

Advertising other builds:
2.5 Fantasy of a Guardian, Poison BV as a LL Guardian, can do any content
2.5 Righteous Wormhole, self-cast Vortex Chieftain with perma RF, casual tanky mapper
2.5 Unicorn Fountain, Non-Meta MoltenStriker (highest DPS build i had so far), can do any content
2.5 The Death Cap, Poison Ice Trapper, Uber Atziri farmer
2.5 -273,15 °Crit Trapper, Igniting Ice Trap
pre 2.5 Vortex LL Occultist with huge ES Recovery
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Mar 2, 2017, 2:29:40 AM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2017, 10:43:03 AM
Before wielding a 6L Pledge of Hands i was using

And a bit more defensive tree

With Pledge of Hands you have ~25% More damage, but you're waaay more tanky with shield version.
I was tanking Shaper-slams and uber atziri common flameblasts all the time. So it's probably better for HC
just for general purposes i added a deathless uber atziri run
have fun :-D
How important is your Vitality Aura to you, and would you suggest possibly picking up a Purity for particularly challenging content (Lightning for Temple Piety for example) or did you find this to be completely unimportant?

Would you consider inputting your Hp/Mana values into the bottom of your mikelat calculator so we can see closer to what your totals are for each, to better visualize your contributions to armour/es from reservation? (i.e. a higher clarity with more HP etc.)

How close comparably was your damage with a shield and Breath of the Council, compared to Pledge? Is it a large difference, or minor? Some people may wish to prioritize shield usage / have a nice es shield (although I did see in your write-up that you gain a very large amount of ES from Mana... again, can you show your mana totals?)

Good guide though, adding it to the list.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
hey

1) vitality raises the ES regen from effective 9,3% to 10,5%. it's a matter of taste. After dropping the node Growth and Decay it didn't felt right to me to also drop vitality or any more regen nodes. but yes for very situational cases you could swap out vitality for another aura which fits better.

2) enhanced the mikelat calculator with values. right now it's
"
Radiant Faith: +2939 armour and +263 maximum energy shield to you and nearby allies

Unwavering Faith: 4% physical damage reduction and 0.8% maximum life regenerated per second to you and nearby allies

3) i did the math for pledge vs breath of the council (BotC)+100% spell crit ES shield. will add it to the guide

Spoiler

Results:

i take 15% chaos res values from uber atziri. also i don't think it's intelligent to show DPS numbers in poison builds, the real value lies in Hit DPS+Full Poison Duration Dmg (let's call it true dmg)

Pledge of Hands 7L (with 155% Spell dmg): 1,8M
Redbeak without Culling Strike + Rathpith Globe (60%): 1,5M (-17%)
Redbeak with Culling Strike + Rathpith Globe (60%): 1,6M (-1%)
Redbeak with Culling Strike + 100% Crit rare ES Shield: 1,6M (-4%) [<- hey this looks good lol]
Redbeak with Culling Strike + rare ES Shield: 1,6M (-12%)
Breath of the Council (80% Chaos Dmg) + Rathpith Globe (60%): (-19%)
Breath of the Council (80% Chaos Dmg) + 100% Crit rare ES Shield: 1,4M (-23%)
Breath of the Council (80% Chaos Dmg) + rare ES Shield: 1,3M (-29%)

ES values
Pledge of Hands: 9,261
Rathpith Globe: 9,695 (+4%)
400 ES Shield: 10,566 (+12%)
521 ES Shield: 11,117 (+17%)

Summary:

In my opinion a great way to go for a shield is
redbeak with culling strike and 100% Crit rare ES Shield. 400 ES can be enough.
without culling strike you lose around 16% true damage and it's not worth it anymore. the benefits from BotC will be higher. redbeak is cheap af tho. probably even with culling strike, only linking and coloring will require a service or lvl8 vorici if you have him ^^

~please note that rathpith globe increases your eHP vs spells A LOT. so it's a viable option vs much casting for example in vaals/atziri fight~

cheers ^^
Redbeak eh?

Would you consider This?

p.s. just for fun, I moved around some of your auras, and pretended as if you had the 14% reservation reduction from Sovereignty to squeeze in an extra aura.

It also requires that you move some junk around, but the extra aura + the phys reduction and life regen extra might be something to think about. It also means you get an additional 10% to aura effectiveness, for a total of 20%. With a purity at maximum level, that's *almost* an extra 1% elemental resistance. If you also take the 6% node, then you reach the 25% requirement and get it. Just food for thought.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Jan 29, 2017, 5:51:18 AM
in your aura setup you have zero mana left for spellcasting. this won't work.
i would recommend at least 100 mana. everything below 150 feels really clunky.

------

yea man remember redbeak is 100% increased raw damage, so it double dips with poison. it's huge and completely underestimated

ephemeral edge is not bad with culling strike. lets say with ES shield (100% crit) you will hit

1,2M true damage

but compared to other options it's still a huge loss of damage. i would only pick it up when you can drop many ES nodes from tree to reinvest into damage, but this will result in not needing to pick up the weapon at all lol, and in the end you will just loose 10% max life :-P
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Jan 29, 2017, 10:32:51 AM
Where do you get power charges?
orb of storms + power charges on critical strike for minor dmg boost, needs 2 free blue sockets tho
thanks for this build, im relative new.. but all other builds ive tried are so mindless borring 1-2 button build... awww!

but this require a few more buttons and whatnot.. abit expensive but its so fun!! thanks! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info