[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

"

so ur saying they either:

1. log all actions done by every player ever

or

2. randomly pose as a "real" player with random gear, challengepoints etc, and randomly whisper random players and just happened to whisper me?

or

3. They log player actions for a time after they have reason to believe that someone is doing something dodgy ie. chat monitoring picks up certain keywords or you get reported.

Willing to bet that if you're not doing anything dodgy you could whisper people all day long discussing rmt, macros, botting etc. without ever getting banned. If mentioning one of those things in a whisper by itself was enough to get you banned without actually having done anything wrong the forum would be flooded with complaints.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Jan 27, 2017, 11:47:13 AM
So we're now on 6 pages of OP saying "Sure, I cheated, but the real issue is that its dumb that GGG logs chat messages"

wut
U MAD?
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"

so ur saying they either:

1. log all actions done by every player ever

or

2. randomly pose as a "real" player with random gear, challengepoints etc, and randomly whisper random players and just happened to whisper me?

or

3. They log player actions for a time after they have reason to believe that someone is doing something dodgy ie. chat monitoring picks up certain keywords or you get reported.

Willing to bet that if you're not doing anything dodgy you could whisper people all day long discussing rmt, macros, botting etc. without ever getting banned. If mentioning one of those things in a whisper by itself was enough to get you banned without actually having done anything wrong the forum would be flooded with complaints.

Exactly. I bet the OP directly talked to others ingame about any or all of those things and GGG picked up on it and banned him and rightfully so. Now he cries on here like he didnt do anything wrong at all. Its like Trump talking about voter fraud only in a milder form.
"
"
silumit wrote:
"
private messages
shocking discoveryL private messages aren't really private!
...wait, you seriously didn't know that before today?

Never seen such retarded shit in any other game so I assumed it wouldn't exist in this game either.

"sorry we have long support email response times because we are busy reading whisper messages and banning legit English-speaking players who don't want to get arthitis from flask spamming, but feel free to play HC with instant logout macros. Also please don't press more than 1 button per minute so our shitty servers don't crash. All these will be fixed with the upcoming xbox update though 4Head"

so...dont take this the wrong way, but this is a legit question. how old are you really? i mean you can't be this ignorant and be an adult... right?

i mean even in the work place literally everything is monitored. every email.. if you use instant communications that is monitored too.. security cameras are just another monitoring tool even if you think they are just there for 'security'. hell, even your phone calls can be backed up and used against you.

i mean come on dude. the fact that this is GGG's game and they literally own every aspect from the ground up didn't tell you that they are always watching? private channels just means that other player cant interrupt you. GGG owning everything can do whatever they please.

"
M0rO wrote:

i mean even in the work place literally everything is monitored. every email.. if you use instant communications that is monitored too.. security cameras are just another monitoring tool even if you think they are just there for 'security'. hell, even your phone calls can be backed up and used against you.

i mean come on dude. the fact that this is GGG's game and they literally own every aspect from the ground up didn't tell you that they are always watching? private channels just means that other player cant interrupt you. GGG owning everything can do whatever they please.

Sinds when have we become so ok whit this tho? I for one think private messages should be just that private unless one of the 2 ppl involved reports the other for one reason or the other.
Saying that its ggg platform doesnt make it right either thats like saying its ok for your provider to listen in to your phonecalls (which i am sure they do anyway).
So yeah they prob do it and eventhough i am aware of this and cant do anything about it i am certainly not ok whit this.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
M0rO wrote:

True, but the point was that GGG bans you purely based on your chatlogs while having no proof whatsoever if you actually cheated or not. You could be joking over whisper messages about using whatever cheats for all they know.

I'd probably keep playing next league but the fact that in order to play end-game properly you need to buy stashtabs so... meh

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Stop complaining. You admitted to cheating in a chat of a online game, you dont deserve any sympathy and you make things worse by talking about it in this thread.

stop spamming my thread with off-topic posts please, keep your politics and other offtopic posts in your own attention-seeking trapthreads, thanks.
"
"
M0rO wrote:

True, but the point was that GGG bans you purely based on your chatlogs while having no proof whatsoever if you actually cheated or not. You could be joking over whisper messages about using whatever cheats for all they know.

What proof do you have that you were banned solely on chat logs?
U MAD?
"
M0rO wrote:
"

Never seen such retarded shit in any other game so I assumed it wouldn't exist in this game either.

"sorry we have long support email response times because we are busy reading whisper messages and banning legit English-speaking players who don't want to get arthitis from flask spamming, but feel free to play HC with instant logout macros. Also please don't press more than 1 button per minute so our shitty servers don't crash. All these will be fixed with the upcoming xbox update though 4Head"

so...dont take this the wrong way, but this is a legit question. how old are you really? i mean you can't be this ignorant and be an adult... right?

Not to mention other game companies do the same damn thing in their online games. OP wants to justify his bad behavior and fails miserably.
So Op got caught doing something they shouldn't have and is throwing an emotional tantrum with no real thought behind it for being caught and wants things his way?....

SHIT!!!! I didn't know Donald Trump played PoE!

New Zealand, prepare for the annex...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on Jan 27, 2017, 12:14:56 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
"
M0rO wrote:

What proof do you have that you were banned solely on chat logs?

used the same macro for a year, nothing happened

someone asked for my help regarding certain macros being illegal or not, helped him with it while also saying "i use a macro that presses 12345 with 1 button myself", got banned in the next 12 hours

obvious imo

also im pretty sure i did nothing except talk in global chat and empty my stash to random (mostly new) players during/after i was chatting with that guy aka didnt use the 12345 macro
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 12:20:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info