What do you truly think when you are buying MTX?

I saw all the complains about donation money going into the development of the Xbox version instead of improvements to the PC version and it got me thinking... I personally buy stuff in the MTX shop mainly because I like the effects and I want my character to look cool. Supporter packs come with a bunch of other cool stuff AND points to spend in the shop which is why I buy them.

What goes through my mind when buying them and gets me excited about the purchase is thinking about how cool my character(s) is (are) going to look. The fact that that money helps fund GGG is more of an afterthought. It does give a certain good feeling that I'm helping and it also has made me develop an appreciation for their business style, but it never ever crosses my mind that I'm now entitled to any demands or decisions regarding the game itself.

TL/DR: I buy MTX thinking that I'm buying MTX, not anything else.
Last edited by Rhoa_Power on Jan 23, 2017, 11:43:57 PM
Last bumped on Jan 25, 2017, 5:07:10 PM
Well, it goes like this.

1) Oh, that looks cool.
2) Is the price outrageous?
3) If not, I buy it, because I want my chars to look cool, and because I really like the game and want it to succeed, and I don't mind paying for my favorite game.

I regret none of it even though I am...let's say skeptical of the Xbox port. I got what I paid for.
I think one of the 2:

1st: I need more tabs, MOAR TABS!!
2nd: oh look I still got some rp left, mind as well buy some mystery boxes.
ey
"
Rhoa_Power wrote:
TL/DR: I buy MTX thinking that I'm buying MTX, not anything else.

Speaking only for myself: I donated to the company in early 2012 when there weren't any MTX to buy. I don't even particularly use MTX when I play. I ran with 4 stash tabs and >2000 GGGold for over a year.

I'm definitely on the skeptical side of the Xbox thing and I hope they didn't fuck themselves by this decision. Certainly not under any illusions that they should've consulted with me first or anything.
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 24, 2017, 1:31:46 AM
I'm not really buying MTX. Whenever I rack up a certain amount of game time, I drop another ten bucks on GGG. Then the points just sit there for a while until I find something I think would fit for my current favorite build, a sale of something I like happens or I just feel like buying something.

Basically I treat it like a subscription where I pay them after I had my fun.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
My thought process when purchasing MTX:

1 This looks cool!
2 Does it look better than things I already own?
3 Yes.
4 Will I use it?
5 Yes.
6 Let's buy it!

If no:
No sense buying it.

My thought process after purchasing MTX:

My MTX tabs are so unorganized. Where's all my cool shit?

That about sums up my thoughts. Nowhere does it cross my mind that my money is being misused, as the only person who can misuse my money is myself.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jan 24, 2017, 2:05:42 AM

tfw you want to support GGG but don't want to buy any of the MTX's

Side note:
this is the worst thing I've seen so far in the shop... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=0vWBiclcEsg
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
wow I used all my fireworks already?

welp lemme get some moar!
"
StDrakeX wrote:

Side note:
this is the worst thing I've seen so far in the shop... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=0vWBiclcEsg

Not sure where that hand has been......
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

I don't get this mtx thing... GGG exist because of it, and so many of them are so poorly made.

To be honest I will probably stop playing if too many guys are running around with some silly bubbles around them... it is totally not my cup of tea.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
Last edited by G0rr on Jan 24, 2017, 3:07:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info