Where are the community manifesto for SSF? So ungrateful...

"
Phrazz wrote:

But trade improvements are coming. Xbox players just CANNOT rely on third party sites in the same way as PC players.

Do you realise the implications of what you wrote there?

"
Phrazz wrote:

And this game will NEVER turn SSF only.

Very bold statement.

Well, you have to understand the dynamics of people who push for SSF here.

Only a small fraction actually wants competitive SSF

The majority don't like that drops/content is focused around trading and want drops/accessibility to be upped [for even moar instant gratification]

for that majority, nothing really changes. they dont get d3-style drops [yet].

so in reality, the majority of those who push for SSF just dont like the grind/RNG/artificial impedence in the game to get shit.

something tells me tho that for that majority, non-ssf mode xbox poe will be more 'ssf' to them than ssf mode on PC. call it a hunch.
Last edited by grepman on Jan 23, 2017, 4:05:23 PM
"
plodd wrote:

Yes, I realize what I implicated with that sentence. It's is twice the chore for an Xbox players to have to look up third party sites to be able to trade. That's why I think some sort of "in house" trading is in place before the Xbox release.

"
plodd wrote:

Very bold statement.

Not much "bolder" than your original statement as to why these SSF additions are coming.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 23, 2017, 4:05:40 PM
"
solwitch wrote:
So a while back general discussion was bombarded with threads about SSF. Now you're getting it... Where are the thank you threads. So ungrateful some of you are. You know majority of you are lucky I'm not employed by GGG I would completely scrap SSF from PC and make it console only.

I imagine you don't see an outpouring of cheers and celebration because it's a bit like when a friend gives you your birthday present 7 months late, and at the same time asks you to watch their pets while they are on vacation, ohh and drive them to the airport in the middle of the work day.

It's pretty clear that they had the ability to do this a long time ago and simply choose not to. Why did they choose not to? Well one excuse was it would split the player base. Kinda seems like a BS excuse when you see the Xbox announcement which is clearly a bigger split to the community then SSF ever would have been.

Now personally I'm not upset with GGG and overall think the Xbox announcement is good for the game/company as a whole. But on the other hand I'm not going to cheer them and heap praise when the benefits they provide are simply so they can roll out another cash grab.

Business is business, that's fine do what you gotta do to make the cash, Just don't expect me to come around celebrating you making profit.
they wont modify drop rates at all as long as you can arbitrarily opt out, for fairly obvious reasons.

and nah, dont see poe becoming account-bound anytime really. trade is one of the pillars they built poe on.
"
grepman wrote:

so in reality, the majority of those who push for SSF just dont like the grind/RNG/artificial impedence in the game to get shit.

something tells me tho that for that majority, non-ssf mode xbox poe will be more 'ssf' to them than ssf mode on PC. call it a hunch.

Yeah that's exactly the impression I was getting whenever I saw SSF threads pop up over the years. Anyone who wanted to play SSF for the pure fun/challenge of it is already doing so. Now those people get to have a true ladder for comparison. The last thing this game needs is another separate league with different drop rates/systems. The way they are implementing it is really the only one that makes sense in the grand scheme of things. Bragging rights, and if/when you decide to join the rest of the world you have the option. Seems fine to me.
"
solwitch wrote:
So a while back general discussion was bombarded with threads about SSF. Now you're getting it... Where are the thank you threads. So ungrateful some of you are. You know majority of you are lucky I'm not employed by GGG I would completely scrap SSF from PC and make it console only.

Ehh, perhaps you could have given it more than two days! Before you spew out stuff. Your not exactly contributing in any way...

By the way, not writing is better than negative posts like this.
Think about that.
Last edited by TrueDarkend on Jan 23, 2017, 4:33:20 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
plodd wrote:

Yes, I realize what I implicated with that sentence. It's is twice the chore for an Xbox players to have to look up third party sites to be able to trade. That's why I think some sort of "in house" trading is in place before the Xbox release.

"
plodd wrote:

Very bold statement.

Not much "bolder" than your original statement as to why these SSF additions are coming.

Ok so you don't understand the implications of what you said.

Also in my statement I said "probably". Yours is a statement of fact. Very big difference.
"
plodd wrote:

Ok so you don't understand the implications of what you said.

It's not about understanding, it's about what I put into MY words, and what you CHOOSE to put into them. I didn't put more into them than what I later explained. You, on the other hand...

And this is a debate forum. I don't feel like I have to underline my statements with "this is my views, not a fact". Neither you or I can KNOW if this game will go 100% SSF. I really didn't think I had to write that sentence. So when I say "...will NEVER...", I sort of base it on the premise that you understand that.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:
This isn't the same thing. They are just giving people a tag that says they are solo self found. The game actually isn't getting an update to benefit a solo self found experience.
You could play hardcore inside softcore by using the delete character button in the character menu. Your point is not.

I think he is right... there is no point to HC or SSF if its the same as STD it doesnt make sense if you think about it

Every game with HC that i have played has bonuses for it being HC higher base stats for chars, higher exp

SSF should be the same in that since you cant trade it should either drop more items and or have better RNG on items and stats it did drop

Else why would you play it if you could just play STD? and dont say for ladder cause no one gives a shit about the ladder nor do we care if you can play with no gear and only 1 life/es

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info