Where are the community manifesto for SSF? So ungrateful...

So a while back general discussion was bombarded with threads about SSF. Now you're getting it... Where are the thank you threads. So ungrateful some of you are. You know majority of you are lucky I'm not employed by GGG I would completely scrap SSF from PC and make it console only.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2017, 11:19:39 PM
Writing a manifesto requires concerted effort.

You think this community is capable of putting forth a concerted effort?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Writing a manifesto requires concerted effort.

You think this community is capable of putting forth a concerted effort?

Trying to find that long ass thread about why PoE needs SSF...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
This isn't the same thing. They are just giving people a tag that says they are solo self found. The game actually isn't getting an update to benefit a solo self found experience.
The main reasons there are many SSF players is:

1. Trading sucks (where the hell is the seller?)
2. Game engine causes way to much lag for party play.

Even SSF playing has been laggy more with fast killing speeds and Breach League resulting in more players and thus server simulation overload. If GGG had asynchronous trade (just pay the B/O price and be on our way... seller can be AFK) and game engine performance worked as well as D3 then playing SSF wouldn't really be needed.

Other thing to understand is an SSF league needs to be completely separate so no items can be muled over to standard leagues. That way then GGG can set drop rates for 5L and 6L gear so as to be usable, increase fusing drop rates, etc. In short a real SSF league would emphasize the ability to craft since we can't trade.

This is a good first step but it needs to be completely a separate and distinct pair of leagues of its own.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
e1337donkey wrote:
This isn't the same thing. They are just giving people a tag that says they are solo self found. The game actually isn't getting an update to benefit a solo self found experience.

They're disabling trade and party. What else do you possibly need? Are you saying the SSF guys were really just asking for easy drops and using SSF as a vehicle to get that?

That'd be pretty sad.
"
"
e1337donkey wrote:

They're disabling trade and party. What else do you possibly need? Are you saying the SSF guys were really just asking for easy drops and using SSF as a vehicle to get that?

That'd be pretty sad.

True SSF players don't need this to play SSF. This does nothing but add a tag next to your character. And no, it doesn't mean the game just has to drop everything I want. Of course that would be silly. I'm just saying that people have advocated for SSF, have discussed concepts with masters, zana, div cards, maps, and unfortunetly yes some people have discussed item drop rates.

I was merely commented that SSF didn't need this announcement or implementation to play SSF. The post is on people being ungrateful, when nothing really changed.
"
solwitch wrote:
So a while back general discussion was bombarded with threads about SSF. Now you're getting it... Where are the thank you threads. So ungrateful some of you are. You know majority of you are lucky I'm not employed by GGG I would completely scrap SSF from PC and make it console only.
because there's still no smart loot.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
"
e1337donkey wrote:

That'd be pretty sad.

That IS what most of the threads asking for solo self found were about, give me more loot but as a trade off make it solo self found
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
e1337donkey wrote:

In my opinion, that is SSF exactly done right. I'll play this.
There wouldn't be any merit/ bragging rights/ call it what you will if drop rates were increased so that they'd make up the disadvantage of not being able to trade. And without trade, maybe the crafting material will finally be used as that, not a form of currency.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info