After taking estrogen for three months!

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
though it took a few hundred years for us to believe it is legitimate, we are more or less convinced now.
Not even remotely close. Please name a single (just one) scientist that says you can determine your own sex just by saying so.
Just because there are some people saying transgenderism is whim-based gender identity, doesn't mean transgenderism is actually whim-based gender identity. The biological evidence for chromosomal and hormonal abnormalities — with real, objectively measurable symptoms — implies that such syndromes have occurred throughout history. We now have the medical technology to push the sufficiently androgynous from more-man-than-woman to more-woman-than-man and vice versa. That's not really that controversial.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 22, 2017, 10:02:21 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
though it took a few hundred years for us to believe it is legitimate, we are more or less convinced now.
Not even remotely close. Please name a single (just one) scientist that says you can determine your own sex just by saying so.
Just because there are some people saying transgenderism is whim-based gender identity, doesn't mean transgenderism is actually whim-based gender identity. The biological evidence for chromosomal and hormonal abnormalities — with real, objectively measurable symptoms — implies that such syndromes have occurred throughout history.

Nice dodge. My question remains.

E: Since you edited; Ya, you can have a woman with manly traits, sure. Doesn't make her a man.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2017, 10:04:28 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Please name a single (just one) scientist that says you can determine your own sex just by saying so.
Just because there are some people saying transgenderism is whim-based gender identity, doesn't mean transgenderism is actually whim-based gender identity. The biological evidence for chromosomal and hormonal abnormalities — with real, objectively measurable symptoms — implies that such syndromes have occurred throughout history.
Nice dodge. My question remains.

E: Since you edited; Ya, you can have a woman with manly traits, sure. Doesn't make her a man.
I don't support whim-based gender identity. We're on the same side as far as that one point is concerned. However, neither side of this debate will get anywhere if we're continually strawmanning the most ridiculous positions on this issue.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 22, 2017, 10:11:17 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I don't support whim-based gender identity. We're on the same side as far as that one point is concerned.

Fair. Anyone arguing otherwise simply doesn't have science on their side. Make of that wtv you want.

I'm not inherently against people identifying as a beach ball if it makes them happy. Normalizing that train of thought becomes a slippery slope though.

Essentially altering or denying your own reality is fine, when you try to bring others into it is where i take issue. A guy with a wig and fake boobs is still a guy to me, regardless of how he/she "feels".
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2017, 10:15:22 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
A guy with a wig and fake boobs is still a guy to me, regardless of how he/she "feels".
Yes. And a XY-chromosomed person with real boobs and an estrogen regimen is a woman to me.

What you're describing is more drag than legit transgenderism. But that's essentially what this whole trendy mess is all about — drag aficionados claiming a transgender identity they don't have, in order to have their behavior gain the sanction of a society that increasingly doles out acceptance based solely on alleged victimhood, rather than on the basis of fundamental liberty for all.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 22, 2017, 10:29:41 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
A guy with a wig and fake boobs is still a guy to me, regardless of how he/she "feels".
Yes. And a XY-chromosomed person with real boobs and an estrogen regimen is a woman to me.

What you're describing is more drag than legit transgenderism. But that's essentially what this whole trendy mess is all about — drag aficionados claiming a transgender identity they don't have, in order to have their behavior gain the sanction of a society that increasingly doles out acceptance based solely on alleged victimhood, rather than on the basis of fundamental liberty for all.

You're getting deeper than i wanted to but yes, i don't disagree with that.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

You're getting deeper than i wanted to but yes, i don't disagree with that.
Well, it is the necessary context. As a libertarian (and, should any of our "liberal" friends consider disagreeing with me, as a persecuted member of the Kekistani diaspora), I think a man should be able to wear a wig and fake boobs and engage in his drag persona in most any daily activity, up to all of his waking hours if he so chooses... and until and unless he's harming anyone, we should all play along with said persona (yes, including the drag pronouns) and have a good, inclusive time. Perhaps with a little bit of good-natured ribbing (yes, including the non-drag pronouns, but let's not be a total ass about it). To that extent, I consider the transgender movement to have a noble goal. It's a shame that their means is a massive, unethical lie.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 22, 2017, 10:43:34 PM
Fuck support support fuck

Last edited by Temper on Apr 11, 2017, 3:45:10 AM
"
Temper wrote:
EDIT: You guys realize that in a good amount of Asian/south Asian/islander cultures that most of this discussion would be considered "lessthan2fucks" right ?

Contrary to the previous baseless assertion that I'm somehow anti trans, it just so happens that I've spent about half my life living in one of those nations (Cambodia). Pronouns here are gender neutral, there are (from a linguistic and cultural perspective) 3 sexes (male, female, and a third which is used for people who are gay or trans), and no one gives a shit.

The problem is that in western culture as soon as you question anything or introduce statistics people don't like, you just get labeled as an anti trans bigot, and that's how they shut down rational conversation. Thoughts and emotions come from your brain, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to see that if you have a problem in your brain, chopping off your testicles probably won't help.

The fact remains that according to pretty much any study you look at, post surgery trans people have an attempted suicide rate of around 40%. It's shocking.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Mar 22, 2017, 11:07:40 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

I can name none.

I can however name a scientist who claims gender dysphoria as existent. The surgeon who performed the first male to female SRS on the Danish girl is already one to start with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info