After taking estrogen for three months!

"
Deadpeng wrote:
.... I want to call myself a woman .... I am using more technical terms...

:)
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
http://www.outsports.com/2017/3/20/14983388/transgender-weightlifting-laurel-hubbard-wins

"
Transgender weightlifter wins international women’s competition, sets national record

"
All of this has riled up some folks who see it as uneven playing fields. Garry Marshall, the president of Olympic Weightlifting New Zealand, said his governing body is simply applying the rules set forth by the IOC. Those rules allow Hubbard to compete as a woman after undergoing certain transitional steps.

With Hubbard’s eyes on bigger prizes, and the next Summer Olympic Games now three years away, this issue isn’t going away anytime soon.

So? If she is on estrogen she is also on testosterone blockers. She has female lvls of those stats.

Hubbard transitioned in her 30s. Her bone structure and density is comparable to males. It's also questionable whether she lost enough muscle mass to be comparable to female competitors. And the IOC allows MtF competitors to have up to 10 nmol/L of testosterone in serum. An average female athlete has 3-4 nmol/L. Hubbard clearly had an unfair advantage.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Serious question, if someone identifies as another race why cant they just decide they are that race, cause identity trounces biology..right?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2017, 2:30:06 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Serious question, if someone identifies as another race why cant they just decide they are that race, cause identity trounces biology..right?

Race isnt a thing, skin color comes from melanin, some have more some less and color variations come from migration of the human species. Humans can reproduce with one another. Chimps are a different race in relation to humans.
"
Race isnt a thing, skin color comes from melanin, some have more some less and color variations come from migration of the human species. Humans can reproduce with one another.

Two dudes can't? No matter how much surgery you get..

Actually, race IS a thing.

"
Race is the classification of humans into groups based on physical traits, ancestry, genetics or social relations, or the relations between them

Sounds like you need to think on this a little more.
Last edited by TheWretch on Mar 22, 2017, 2:45:00 PM
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Race isnt a thing, skin color comes from melanin, some have more some less and color variations come from migration of the human species. Humans can reproduce with one another.

"
Race is the classification of humans into groups based on physical traits, ancestry, genetics or social relations, or the relations between them

But all fertile females can reproduce with all fertile males. Race is a social construct.
Sarah is off today, no mistake.

Chimps are a different race from humans? WOW. I guess I missed that in biology classes.

Let us re-examine our first year biology.

Here is a chimpanzee according to zoology:

Hominidae
Subtribe: Panina
Genus: Pan
Species: Pan Troglodyte

Now here is a human:

Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H Sapiens

Where do you get race in this?

Here is another question: How can they take a swab of your DNA from your cheek and determine your race if it doesn't exist?

PS If you say genetic testing is actually testing for levels of melanin in the skin I will lose all respect for the world education system.

Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Mar 22, 2017, 2:55:35 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:

But all fertile females can reproduce with all fertile males. Race is a social construct.

That's biology not a social construct lol

And what about genetics did you miss in the race description, are those a social construct too?
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"

"

"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

If there really is an disorder called 'racial disorder', then so be it. Does it exist? I am not sure. 'Gender dysphoria', on the other hand, though it took a few hundred years for us to believe it is legitimate, we are more or less convinced now.

Go watch 'The Danish girl'. None of the doctors she consulted believed her until the very last, then you realize how real the disorder is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info