Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

3.0 and SSF are the only things keeping me from killing myself
While this is a step in the right direction I really don't think this is the mode SSF community is really asking for. The SSF mode needs to be an alternative to the forced trading of "normal" leagues. Whether this means improved drop rates or alternative ways to collect key uniques is up to GGG to decide but in its current form it's just artificially added difficulty.

The current iteration doesn't bring me back to the game over D3 or Marvel Heroes but it definitely makes me more interested in the future of PoE. Keep up the good work GGG!
"
Laggoz wrote:
While this is a step in the right direction I really don't think this is the mode SSF community is really asking for.

Actually, it is. People championing SSF that are in the current majority (league players) have organized their own ladders. Some are known to drop out and feel that is an acceptable course of action. By separating out the ladders you legitimize the process and offer enforcement, something that was previously unavailable. People that generally play SSF anyway for the most part haven't even asked for an SSF league, because they already play SSF and don't need a league specific for it. The people that have asked for an SSF league with increased drops are generally people like you, that want SSF to be an alternative to trading. I'm still on the fence about it, but as long as the opt out exists I'm standing firmly against it.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Feb 21, 2017, 5:24:03 PM
I am actually really looking forward to this being implemented. Two questions:

1) Will I still be able to talk in guild chat with members as normal? I would think so.
2) Can I trade between my own SSF characters? As in, if I made a second or third character, is the 'solo' my account, or my character?

I really hope I can to both, and if so, am looking forward to it!

Edit:

Thinking about it... I really would like a Guild Guild Found option, but it would quickly get complicated with people joining and leaving guilds on occasion. I would even be happy to add restrictions if we could ever get a mode like that going (including restricting guild joins to L1 with no invnetory or something if needed).
Last edited by VarthDaver on Feb 21, 2017, 9:58:49 PM
I really really love this, because I love playing this game solo.
Although I am actually pretty new to this because I haven't actually REALLY gotten into PoE until last weekend, I have always played my RPGs solo. So I feel like this mode would be more rewarding to play in.

I do think it'd be nice to have more incentive for this mode though, like skins (microtransactions) for making it to a certain level, or achievements, and such.

"
VarthDaver wrote:

2) Can I trade between my own SSF characters? As in, if I made a second or third character, is the 'solo' my account, or my character?

You can "trade" per stash: Characters in the same league on the same account have the same stash.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Sounds cool. Haven't played for 2 years, planned on coming back for 3.0, but I'll definitely check out 2.6. The way SSF will be implemented sounds perfect, just an optional mode with a separate ladder.

I really don't understand why anyone would want better drops or more currency in a SSF league. Granted, I haven't played for a long time, but from what I've seen the game has only become easier over time. There's really no need for better drops. If you want the best gear immediately you always have the option to trade for it. If not, take it slowly and farm it yourself. Yes, it will take way longer and your progress won't be nearly as fast as someone who trades, but that's exactly why SSF is so much fun!
Let's say I wanna play CoC Trickster with Cyclone or Shield Charge as trigger, in SSF I won't even be able to buy Cyclone or Shield Charge (can't trade, and not available for shadow from NPC) which is bad design, since Trickster is about Movement Skills and you can't buy any useful one by yourself. Another problem are build enabling uniques, increase drop rate or add some way to get them, or fancy builds gone be impossible until you get a item and then create new char (you cannot plan ahead, because you don't know what will drop and when)
Last edited by viszu on Feb 22, 2017, 6:03:34 AM
This is by far my prefered playstyle, even though I am far from competitive and just play the game however I feel like playing it. Still, this is a great addition and I am glad you went for it.
Take care out there.
Last edited by Lagruell on Feb 22, 2017, 6:47:58 AM
"
viszu wrote:
Let's say I wanna play CoC Trickster with Cyclone or Shield Charge as trigger, in SSF I won't even be able to buy Cyclone or Shield Charge (can't trade, and not available for shadow from NPC) which is bad design, since Trickster is about Movement Skills and you can't buy any useful one by yourself. Another problem are build enabling uniques, increase drop rate or add some way to get them, or fancy builds gone be impossible until you get a item and then create new char (you cannot plan ahead, because you don't know what will drop and when)

You are right on that gem thing. Although you can just mule the gems over with another character, but I know, it is tedious. Then those build enabling uniques: grind them. Yeah, you might not get lucky and get them, but quite many SSF players have gotten shavs and other T1 build enabling uniques. The whole idea of SSF is that you have to find/craft your own gear. Too bad if you dont get to play the one meta build you want play before you find the correct items.

It is odd for me to read comments about making it easier to go SSF and increase drop rates etc. The whole idea of going SSF is to create additional challenge for yourself. Not to get fancy items easier or some kind of preferential treatment so that one could play metabuilds without trading.

If you dont like hardship, dont play SSF and dont expect GGG to nerf the SSF experience for those players who want it to be challenging and play it for that reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info