Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

amazing looking forward to it cant wait for 2.6
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Really good addition to the game, cheers, consider adding a 'challenges completed' ladder or a few different ladders so there is a little bit of a competitive edge if you want it.
Agreed with others who have asked for Party play league too, without trade and with perm allocation.
Good work GGG

The only point to play temp league for me, is to get temp league specific uniques and I will not get it playing SSF. I even don't sell much, only some spare crap and do most currency just by farming and converting small farmed currency.

What is the point to play SSF in 3 month temp league timeframe here if you are not streamer playing 10 hours a day? You will not get anything serious in that time.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Bragging rights, YAY
"Teamwork is OP"
-The one and only one Dark_Reaper115 at your service.
imho trading is not good for the game as long as it makes unique items not unique anymore + there are some other negative issues concerning trading that require an extended post.

that is why supporting solo-focused player is important.
thx GGG, as always!
SSF 0NLY! --- Trading turnes uniques into trinkets and warriors into hagglers! ---
"
tmaciak wrote:
The only point to play temp league for me, is to get temp league specific uniques and I will not get it playing SSF. I even don't sell much, only some spare crap and do most currency just by farming and converting small farmed currency.

What is the point to play SSF in 3 month temp league timeframe here if you are not streamer playing 10 hours a day? You will not get anything serious in that time.

As I understood it, you can still convert your SSF char toward the end of the league and buy all the league specific items with your SSF wealth. You will have less $$ for not selling things throughout the league, but still.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
No party allowed = FANTASTIC IDEA.
No trade allowed = unplayable idea.

It's a game about find and equip more and more powerfull items. If you can't trade - then 99.999% of items you will found will be useless. Even with high and good rolls them would be not rewarding for a player. No rewards = no sence in game.

So it would be fantastic if you will remove party abuses from the game, and don't break economy same time.
Last edited by Thaerathandel on Jan 23, 2017, 2:35:30 PM
"
"
FrancescoV wrote:
"
Haven't read the 40+ pages of replies so this may have already been mentioned however... GGG why create more work for yourself? Wouldn't it be totally reasonable to be considered SSF right until you party or make a trade? So a simple flag and once you trade or party that flag gets unset. Complete waste of resources it seems to me.

Ehm.. no.
This way the moment you party or trade you would be doomed forever in that particular League, you couldn't have a SSF and a normal char at the same time during the same League... you need separated stashes... that's why SSF and normal leagues have to be separated.. so you can play in both if you want.

The flag is set per character. Items are tied to a character. The second you use an item not found by your character SSF = false. Having items tied to a character would also enable them to more easily track RMT'rs. This would be less work than they plan on for sure.

So you would suggest to have SSF chars to share the same stash with non SSF ones.. and the moment you pick a non SSF item from your stash you would lose the flag with that char. It sounds a lot more complex to manage and mantain for the player (and what about special stash tabs like currency.. you would need two of them).
Not to mention that currently items are not tied to a char and changing this alone would probably require more work than maintaining a separated League.
No trade but no increased drop chances? Poor choice. Very disappointed they implemented a broken mode for the sake of braggers instead of those that truly want a good experience and would like a solo (or even co-op as in just 4 people max) group play with no trade still. I'd love a no trade mode, still no trading but allowing you to play in your no trade style with just other 1 or 2 other self found players (i.e. only friends and not randomers) but I guess bragging rights beats real gameplay choice.

example being that me and my brother enjoy playing this game together, would love to forgo trading and the crappy 'chase the streamers who play 24/7' economy and just play self found with a small group (whether able to designate your group ahead of time, an allowance of people you can play with or other methods of measuring you not trading with others) but this sort of playstyle is not being encouraged to push for a mode that GGG themselves admit most break the rules for eventually because it's not supported well due to bad drop rates / chances that realistically need tuning and playing entirely solo as seen in the thread suggestion is very discouraging if you enjoy the game with anyone else but just don't want typical run away economy / bad drops.

Maybe one day self found mode will become supported but solo self found with no changes seems a bit drab to me. Restraining yourself in a broken mode.
Last edited by Giglameshu on Jan 23, 2017, 3:02:53 PM
For someone who plays almost exclusively SSF, this is a great addition, and it's done the right way e.g., so multiple SSF characters can share the same stash.

There should be no differences between how SSF works and the usual game. However, I do agree with this comment, especially when it comes to weapons:

"
CloudStrive wrote:
Sound Great!
I tried playing SelfFound before but one problem I had with it was, at one point (maybe LV 65 or something) I realized that crafting in SSF is pretty bad.

For example, my TS-ranger in BCH found an ilvl 73 Harbinger, and she tried to get a somewhat usable phys-da bow. The best +phys-da% that showed up after spamming around 700 alts+augs, a couple of dozen chaos, a couple of dozen scour/alch's, and several shrieking contempt essences was a low T3 cruel roll (+138%). The contempt essences don't really help in this situation, like they were intended to, because getting any slightly reasonable +phys-da% on top of their flat phy-da is unlikely.

Maybe this was unlucky, but I finally got so fed up that I used 5 chaos to trade for a 290 pdps Harbinger that was infinitely better than anything I managed to craft myself, even though it's hardly great by usual standards. (It was the first time I've ever traded for any item in the entire time playing PoE).

Now, a lot of the fun in SSF is having to go out and get what you need (like finding an ilvl 73 Harbinger to craft, or working to 5-link your bow or armor) and if this is the way crafting has to be to avoid abuse by regular players that's fine.

But over the years, there has been an enormous power creep in the high-end items (especially uniques) relative to the ones you can actually expect to find or craft yourself. I'd like to see that gap narrowed, so it's possible for normal (non-streaming) SSF players to get somewhat viable end-game items. It seems like raising the chances for crafting decent lower-end items would hardly affect the regular game, since most of those items would be inferior and of no interest to players who trade anyway.

Proud member of the Vocal Minority

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info