Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"

Also, I'm not sure if it's implied by the mode, but it might be convenient if towns were instanced to a solitary player, both for the feeling of seclusion and also because it would remove the bandwidth of transmitting all those other players' appearance and position data, potentially providing a smoother experience in town.

THIS would be delightful.
That's actualy a great news.
Hf :)
Will there ever be a SSF option with droprates boosted to compensate? Or perhaps a tradeless league with client side drops where you can still party with your friends.

I hate having to flip currency and mess about on poe.trade. I just want to be able to play the game solo without feeling like I'm gimping myself.
So will there be a new SSF standard league? Or is this just for temp leagues?
Sounds nice, I´m playing PoE since a long time "unofficial" SSF, maybe I will go the "official" way... :-)
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
The legends are true. If you sacrifice level 100 on a ssf char you get dev support for the playstyle! What a glorious day!
"
Pilgrame wrote:
Think this will bring PT back?

I know right, I thought the same thing
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
This seems like a strategic damage control move i feel. Too timely to add some random feature a minority have been vocal about for a while. Why haven't small weekend cut throats or other small/short weekend races or even pvp events been considered/pushed openly like this?
"
sidorasek wrote:

This is literally going against the point of SSF.

SSF is meant to be a challenge. If you can get a marohi so easy then you would be back to t15 with no issues.

The balance issue with SSF isn't that it's harder overall (indeed, that's kind of the point of SSF), but that it exacerbates the balance issues between different builds when it comes to gear dependence, and pushes players towards playing the relatively few builds that perform adequately with a 4link main skill and no unique items. (It's the same story with 'levelling builds' versus 'endgame builds', except that in SSF, there's no easy transition out of the 'levelling' stage even once your character level is high enough.) A lot of players would like to play the less stereotypical builds, but still experience the item finding/crafting fun of SSF. I don't think the fix is to shower everyone in uniques, Diablo 3 style, but I hope the devs think of more alternative ways of enabling unusual builds that don't require you to find a specific item.

At the moment, the only aspect of build variety I can see being more balanced than the regular leagues is that life-based builds will get played more, since the ES gear you can craft for yourself in SSF will be much weaker than what you can trade for in other leagues.

In the long run though, the existence of SSF league could be good for the development of the game, as once the devs have clear data on what builds SSFers are running, it will highlight the role of gear dependence in the game. (To some extent, gear dependence in an ARPG is a fundamental game feature, but you don't want the game to come down to whether or not you're wearing the same overpowered uniques that everyone else wears.)
Last edited by Incompetent on Jan 23, 2017, 12:46:01 AM
I know you guys have made your mind about the ruleset, but PLEASE don't make the character/loot transferable, It'll hold a lot of ideas to benefit the SSF league back because it would affect other leagues.
Make the exalt drop ratio higher to benefit crafting (with everything untransferable) and it will be incredibly fun. It would be awesome as well if you make SSF temporary SC/HC leagues, I would play it for sure.
Last edited by arthosg on Jan 23, 2017, 12:45:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info