2.5 Zerker Blade Flurry CwC Bladefall Crazy Poison Dmg

Hey guys, first time writing a guide but I'm really enjoying the build I came up with and wanted to show it off. I'll try to make some videos if some people are interested. And yes, it's uber atziri, guardians and Shaper Viable. Poison immunity is a bitch and so those guardians will take some time to kill...

Concept

Spoiler
I wanted to explore the full potential of double dipping damage and initially tried to come up with a very optimized crit BF abyssus zerker but eventually discarded the idea. Everything went smooth till 90+ when I started doing guardians. While my dmg was great, the 40% increased phys dmg taken, combined with the 10% from Zerker, made fighting rippy rolled Guardians a nightmare. While I was able to get the kills, I was getting 1shot many times and coming from a hardcore league player who now doesn't have enough time to play leagues and so I mess around in std., I fucking hate dying, so I wanted to refine the build and make it more survivable.

So how could I have good survivability as a life-based character while also great dmg to tackle on the hardest content? The answer was abusing double dipping damage. So I dropped abyssus and all crit nodes and went Resolute Techniques, which removed the need for accuracy. I also dropped my main hand dagger and went for The Scourge (more on current gear choices down below) since it provides a great 70% dmg and allows you to use sick jewels.

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal- Oak
Cruel- kraytin
Merciless- Oak/Passive, up to you, I personally went for passive point.

Ascendancy:

Spoiler
I was sick of playing CI builds so wanted to do something life based, and specifically Berserker, so I built around this ascendancy.

Aspect of Carnage is a crazy amount of double dipping damage at a very manageable cost (10% increased dmg taken). People often go nuts about the 100% more poison dmg from Assassin but don't realise Berserker's 40% is basically increasing poison for the same amount, while also increasing the initial hit dmg. I cry inside when I see prolific PoE content creators like Liftningnerd making terribly unoptimised Assassin poison builds with literally 0%-50% increased double dipping dmg...

Cloaked in Savagery is the other core ascendancy notable providing immortality (need Vaal Pact) as long as you can hit a target and you have enough life to survive 1shots. Crazy leech that allows you to facetank shaper, guardians and uber trio, vaals and atziri, as long as you dodge the telegraphed one shots.

The other nodes you get on the way are pretty useful too, providing great base life and mana leech and some attack speed.

Double Dipping

Spoiler
As most of you know, ''double-dipping'' in PoE refers to % dmg increases that affect Poison or Ignite damage twice. For instance, if you have 10% increased dmg, 100*1.10=110, and then that 10% will also affect the Poison dmg, 0.08*1.10=0.088.

In this build I wanted to exploit double-dipping increases and then further amplify them with % more multipliers (berserker 40%, void manip, conc. effect, shock...). You can reach over 800% double dipping damage and 40%, 40%, 60% more multipliers, as well as 50% from shock (vaal lightning trap / vinktars), which take poison dmg to crazy levels where poison is doing more than 3 times the initial hit as damage per second.

0.08*9=0.72*1.4*1.4*1.6= 2.2579=225% damage of the initial hit per second over 2 seconds. With duration nodes, temp chains and Breath of the Council, our poison will last over 5 seconds basically doing over 1000% of the initial hit over 5 seconds. Crazy levels of damage over time, and remember POISON STACKS UP UNLIMITEDLY :D

Gem Links

Spoiler
Initially I was playing a regular Blade Flurry character but eventually realised Rapid decay doesn't work on the poison created by BF since it lacks the duration tag, and so I was left with 1 free link that I didn't know how to use. Melee Phys gem wasn't all that great since most of my dmg is chaos and fortify isn't very useful either since we can keep it up with whirling blades most of the time. Finally elemental gems such as added cold or lightning were giving me some nice tooltip increases but don't affect poison at all, the core mechanic of the build.

So I thought about trying Blade Flurry Cast When Channeling Bladefall, since all my damage increases and more multipliers will affect Blade flurry, Bladefall as well as added chaos dmg from the gem and jewelry.

6-link Blade Flurry - Cast when Channeling - Bladefall - Added Chaos - Void Manipulation - Increased Area of Effect/conc. effect

Gear choices

Spoiler
Weapons = We wanna dual wield for the increased dmg and attack speed, as well as having the option to use two amazing weapons, The Scourge and the Breath of the Council. BF can't be used with maces so our dmg will be based exclusively on the Scourge, while BotC is simply a stat stick.

The Scourge gives us 70% minion damage and makes it so minion dmg also affects us (and it double dips on poison).

Breath of the Council gives us up to 80% dmg, 10% aoe and 40% inc. poison duration. Made for this build.

Cospri's Will: free poison, effectively making our BF as 7L, as well as free curse and allows us to ignore curse immune maps and mobs. Crazy armour.

Jewelry: Ideally you wanna craft coral rings (the build uses many rares so I dont think resistances are a problem) with essences of envy (20-33% chaos damage) and then craft added flat chaos damage mod for 13c.

Gloves: rares with life, resistances, attack speed and craft minion damage.

Belt: life and resists.

Boots: I use Death's Door for the amazing bleed immunity (great for a lot of bosses and general mapping) but if you can't afford them go for life and resists.

Helm: I crafted a Bone Helmet 40% minion dmg as its implicit mod, with 50+ int, life and resists. You need 150+ int for enfeeble.

Jewels

Spoiler
This is probably one of the most important parts of the build. The vast majority of our damage comes from jewels. You wanna go for Minion damage, Chaos dmg and Area dmg jewels, and if you're rich exalt those bastards hoping to get attack speed. You can get 10-12 jewels depending on how comfortable you are with your life pool. Just from jewels you'll get 350-400+% double dipping dmg, pretty crazy, it's like 10 grandspectrums for ignite builds.

Passive tree

Defenses

Spoiler
Dual blasphemy curses: enfeeble + temporal chains. Temp chains also has an offensive purpose since it increases the duration of each of our poison stacks.

Arctic Armour

Decent life pool. I'm currently sitting at 6.4k at 93 but could grab a lot more life at the expense of some damage.

4 endurance charges.

Zerker Vaal Pact= Crazy Leech. 100% leech will make it so you can only die to 1shots if you have something to leech off from.

Unwavering Stance, great for Guardians especially Chimera.

Flasks

Spoiler
Dying Sun highly recommended, it affects both our BFs and the range of our curses.

Taste of Hate also great for the build providing some phys and cold mitigation.

Basalt of Heat to avoid being frozen and 20% phys mitigation.

Bubbling eternal flask of grounding, to remove shock and great healing flask, especially with 70%+ healing flask effectiveness from the tree (herbalism, profane chemistry)

Finally I use Atziri's promise for 25% of phys added as chaos as well as good chaos leech. I think this flask is much better than Sin's Rebirth since we can't evade attacks anyway so stibnite is wasted and Unholy might is 30% vs 25% + chaos res + chaos leech.

Last edited by Blud2481 on Jan 31, 2017, 12:37:41 PM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2017, 8:44:57 PM
Interesting build. I'd add a "current gear" section and show your gear. Also, you forgot to add Bandits.
"
jconaspree wrote:
Interesting build. I'd add a "current gear" section and show your gear. Also, you forgot to add Bandits.

Yea, I've never written any guides before so I am not sure how to link my gear, I'll look into it. Regarding Bandits, well I normally don't find Bandits to be too important to even talk about them, but I'll add them.
Just wondering what's your Bladefall tooltip DPS? I know the overall damage due to poison double dipping will be much higher, but just curious what the Bladefall DPS is, I figure Blade Flurry also gets a bit of DPS too but doesn't contribute quite as much as Bladefall does.

Also, have you tried this with poison immune guardians like Hydra and Chimera?
Last edited by reciprocate on Jan 28, 2017, 7:22:28 AM
Very nice approach use of double-dipping.

Just one important thing to point out:

The "Increased Chaos Skill Effect Duration" provided by Breath fo the Council DOES NOT increased the duration of the Poison applied by non-chaos skills, such as Blade Flurry or Blade Fall.

Source:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002/page/29#p13383914
Mark replied to TinyCamera's question regarding this item.
"
KaioNS wrote:

The "Increased Chaos Skill Effect Duration" provided by Breath fo the Council DOES NOT increased the duration of the Poison applied by non-chaos skills, such as Blade Flurry or Blade Fall.

Source:

Well if one can get a 4 or 5 blue Cospri's, then they can use Blight in place of Blade Flurry to take advantage of BotC's poison duration I guess.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
KaioNS wrote:

Source:

Well if one can get a 4 or 5 blue Cospri's, then they can use Blight in place of Blade Flurry to take advantage of BotC's poison duration I guess.

Unfortunately, Blight is a skill that doesn't hit enemies, so it can't proc "on hit" effects such as Poison.
=(
"
KaioNS wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
KaioNS wrote:

Source:

Unfortunately, Blight is a skill that doesn't hit enemies, so it can't proc "on hit" effects such as Poison.
=(

Good point, I guess there's a fair tradeoff, stick with Blade Flurry and at least scale the phys damage before converted to the other mechanics (chaos, poison, area, double dipping). Or use blight at get that chaos skill duration benefit BotC gives. I figure Blade Flurry is the better choice, and it's easier to get a 3B or 4B compared to a 5B Cospri's anyway. Though, what if a Ming's heart was used to convert the phys to chaos damage? Do you think that may work with BotC's chaos skill duration increase? I would like to think it can, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't. It may be hardcoded to apply to only actual Chaos damage skills like Blight, Essence Drain, Contagion, etc.
Last edited by reciprocate on Jan 28, 2017, 11:43:28 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:
Just wondering what's your Bladefall tooltip DPS? I know the overall damage due to poison double dipping will be much higher, but just curious what the Bladefall DPS is, I figure Blade Flurry also gets a bit of DPS too but doesn't contribute quite as much as Bladefall does.

Also, have you tried this with poison immune guardians like Hydra and Chimera?

I believe it's around 6k average with inc. aoe and 9-10k average with conc effect (note that this is average hit and not DPS) with a 19/20 gem, since I initially played pure Bladeflurry build and only recently changed to BF. With a 21/20 dmg should be a lot higher.

Chimera is super easy for this build but it takes time, compared to Phoenix and Minotaur, but you can't die to him once you learn the fight and the adds are super comfortable. Hydra takes longer than Chimera and it's kind of an annoying fight since you need to dodge all the shit but it's perfectly doable. Poison immunities are a bitch but you can faceroll 2/4 guardians, Uber atziri and Shaper so its fine that 2 of the other guardians are slower.
Last edited by Blud2481 on Jan 31, 2017, 12:44:07 AM
"
KaioNS wrote:

Source:

I'm pretty sure Mark is wrong. I will do some testing later on, but Mark is claiming that warcry duration DOES NOT affect poison and this has been tested and it DOES. Kripp even built around it. It wouldn't make sense that chaos duration doesn't affect poison when poison has the chaos and duration tags...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info