[2.6] LL Ele Wander Raider ~ Insane clear speed/Shaper/Guardians - 225k Barrage tooltip

INTRODUCTION

Hi guys, this is my second build guide following my fire nova miner occultist in Breach. I got bored of one shotting bosses with my miner so I decided that I wanna play an insane clear speed build instead, and I thought that an ele wander raider would be the perfect suit for one.

This build is really powerful as raider because you get so much movement/attack speed from frenzy charges, ele status immunity, and attack damage with phasing. Going lowlife with prism guardian allows me to use 5 boosted level dps auras (Haste,HOT,HOI,Anger,Wrath) along with discipline while running curse on hit on HOT (assassin's mark). Giving us well-rounded offense/defense- we don't even need skyforths!

Not only is mapping fun as hell with this character, but it actually does REALLY well for single-target. Using barrage, I managed to leech through shaper beam without any flasks up and killed him shortly before making this guide :)

Who needs frostwall? xD

Updates: (Last: 3/31/17)
Spoiler
- Added LL version - 2/21/2017
- Added LL tree - 2/11/2017
- Added Jewels - 3/18/2017
- Added Pathfinder vs Raider in Q&A section - 3/31/17
GIFS & VIDEO

→→→T16 Hydra clear video←←← Note: Outdated ~ currently have 2x DPS/Faster clear/8k ES

Bosses

OVERVIEW

Pros:
+ Sick clear speed
+ Great single target
+ Incredible leech
+ No need to switch gems for bosses

Cons:
- A bit expensive
- Lacks a lot of ES (Compensated with leech, although currently on 8K)

Budget:
Spoiler
6 link shavs - 6-7ex
Presence of chayula - 6ex
Wand crafting or buying - 1ex. Up to 4ex max if crafting
Crystal belt with resists & ES - 1-2ex
Es boots/gloves - 2ex
Prism guardian - 3c
Crown of eyes - 1c
Opal rings or resist rings - 1-3ex
Dying sun/vinktars - 6ex
Total cost:20-28ex

SKILL TREE

Raider
Current tree plan 2.6
Ascendancy Points: Way of the poacher, Avatar of the slaughter, Quartz infusion, Avatar of the veil
Bandits: Point, Point, Frenzy charge.

SCREENSHOTS

SKILL DPS
Spoiler
Barrage (Buffed with choir/auras/vaal haste):

KB (Buffed)--- OUTDATED:

CURRENT GEAR

Spoiler

FLASKS

Spoiler
LINKS AND GEMS

Spoiler
Check my gear for my gem setup.

Main DPS Setup
We use barrage on a 6 link for single target and KB on a 5 link (gloves) for clearing.

Aura Setup
For aura's we run Anger, Wrath, HOT, HOI, Haste, and Discipline, along with curse on hit warlords mark/assassins on HOT.

Golem
Lightning golem is the best in our case since we prioritize flat lightning on gear. Also gives us really nice attack speed.

PCOC & Vaal gems setup
We use an orb of storms, pcoc & increased crit strikes to generate power charges while mapping/bosses since we don't have skyforths. You can drop these for an extra aura if you have them. Vaal haste is used for a big movement speed/attack speed buff and gives us a really nice boost for clear speed.
GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Body armor:
Nothing to say here, we are going LL so shavs is our best option. You might get away with a 5 link shavs but you will have to sacrifice some single target.
Helmet % Enchant:
CoE is very powerful for ele wanders and is in general the best choice to go for. It allows us to scale % attack damage through spell damage on our wand/jewels. % scaling becomes very powerful when we have a lot of flat ele dmg (lightning) on our gear/gems. WE should be able to squeeze in 100% + ele dmg on our jewels/wand. For our helm enchant ideally what you should be looking for is +additional barrage projectiles, but since that is very hard to get I went for barrage AS. You can also go for barrage damage or any modifiers to KB and maybe even reduced mana reservation on HOI/HOT or any other auras.
Wand:
This is a terrible example of a good wand but it's what I have for now. Here are the stats you should be looking for in terms of priority: Spell damage (70% +), Crit chance (10% +), Attack speed (1.65+), Added Elemental damage (Added lightning is best), Accuracy, Crit multi.
Short Wand-crafting guide:
Spoiler
This is how I crafted my wand:

> Bought T1 added lightning damage rare wand with ~ 70% Spell damage with no other prefix and an open suffix
> Scour all suffixes (Lvl 8 master, cost 2ex)
> Multimod (2ex)
> Craft AS, Crit, and your preferred prefix (WED in my case)

That's how you guarantee a decent wand :) you could also buy T1 cold/lightning, do the same and craft spell damage/AS/crit. Probably better if you can't find decent rolled spell damage prefix.

Rings:
These are the rings i'm using. What you are looking for is % Weapon ele damage , Added lightning to attacks, % ES or Flat ES, Resistances, and finally strength (For gem reqs). Opal rings and diamond rings constitute the best bases. There are some mods that can be decent such as # Accuracy & Added Fire/cold damage but it would be best to focus on former dps mods.

Belt & Amulet:
Crystal belt is straight forward. You should be looking for high flat ES & resistances. If you have both of those covered then % Increased WED is also very good. I use a presence of chayula because I don't currently have skyforths and is BIS for LL.

Boots:
High ES boots with 30% movespeed, flat lightning enchant when you haven't killed recently is extremely good especially with all our % damage modifiers.Shield:
Prism allows us to use an extra 2 high levelled ( Anger & HOT ). With skyforths you will be able to also run HOI as well as an empower on your disc/wrath. Giving us a total of 6 auras. The shield also lets us cap resists and imo is better than a high ES shield since it gives us massive scaling by stacking auras.
Gloves:
Thunderfist are great because they give us a free 5 link on KB , attack speed, and most importantly more flat lightning to scale with our massive amounts of % modifiers. You can certainly switch out thunderfists for a rare ES gloves but you will lose out on a lot of dps on KB, and some on barrage. I switch to these gloves mainly to prevent one-shots (face tanking max buff uber izaro) and the KB damage loss isn't noticeable on monsters there.

JEWELS
Spoiler
Jewels in terms of stat priority:
AS with wands
global crit multi
spelldmg with shield
AS with shield
spell dmg
projectile dmg
attack speed
attackspeed/castspeed
VERY DETAILED LEVELING GUIDE .. Kappa

Spoiler
Buy abberath's hooves > Equip at lvl 12 with karui ward, link inc aoe + added cold & lightning > Walk to merciless > Resell hooves when finished with leveling> ??? profit
(credit goes to angelus for the brilliant strategy)
Q&A
Spoiler
Why not inquisitor? isn't that better damage?

Inquisitor pretty much has slightly less damage than raider (and probably pathfinder) on bosses, because you lose out on your frenzy charges, and you have to sacrifice 8 nodes from start. This is all assuming you are using this tree I made. It's simply not worth going inquisitor simply because of how much move speed you lose, dodge, and perma ailment immunity (means less dps flasks/MS loss). Sure you can do extra damage making bosses go to - resists but it's just not worth it , especially since bosses don't have too much ele resist ( Shaper 40%, uber atziri 30%) it's just less dps, and also the inquisitor pen node isn't very helpful for trash clears. On the other hand, if you find a way to gather frenzy charges, then you'll be doing the same dps on trash, and about 10-20% more dmg on bosses, but how will you get frenzy for bosses then?

It's not as good as pathfinder, because of the extra proj and flask up-time/effect as well as raider due to frenzy charges (7 that give extra movespeed/AS/AD over base stats),and not to forget ailment immunity, dodge & dps gain from passives.

The penetration from inquisitor may seem powerful but only works on crit, and after some calculations on path of building it only gives 40% MORE damage, which is outweighed by raider's dps gain ( around 50% MORE, due to reasons listed before)

Path of building analysis (copy paste to import both versions):
[Inquisitor version (less dps)] http://pastebin.com/LAARdcQt
[Raider version (more dps)] http://pastebin.com/Z3DWDVt8

Is Pathfinder better than raider?

Raider gets just as much MS cause of ascendancies, probably more but don't quote me on that.

I made an analysis on PoB for pathfinder vs raider and raider is 1.47 million dps while PF is 1.38 million fully buffed on barrage (these are all with my gear), i'm not sure what the damage with wise-oak would do to those numbers however, since PoB doesn't seem to factor it in somehow. If you find a way to generate frenzy on PF then it would be very strong. Also, getting a +1 frenzy choir on raider would also make it very good, but it's there for anyone to play around, would be cool to see any new suggestions. Only factor not taken into account is the flask duration on PF, since flasks last longer it's probably a bit more dps - I just can't be asked playing flasks like the piano. I think once you get to the threshold where bosses melt, there won't be much difference.

It's up to you what you chose, I don't think there's much difference in both. They literally have 10k damage difference on bosses too lol, and it does count the extra proj from dying sun and all the flask effect and shit. However, since you have longer flask duration, you will deal more damage on bosses that don't melt easily, but this doesn't mean there isn't room for raider to catch-up.

Pathfinder: http://pastebin.com/iC9aK0mn Raider: http://pastebin.com/Gqi6xWYe

This doesn't mean my setup has same dps as philo, since he uses skyforths & choir his damage is retarded. The only con is having low ES and relying fully on flasks to survive and sustain ur mana. It very much depends on your playstyle.

Thanks for reading! Be sure to check out my previous build:
[2.5] Very cheap ~ 10 Million DPS Chaos Fire Nova Mine Occultist, Shaper/Uber Atziri/Guardians
Last edited by Worst_luck on Apr 9, 2017, 11:44:45 AM
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2017, 5:07:58 PM
Nice build man. Gonna try this. Like your builds ;)
how did you level this character 8===D
"
Loljew wrote:
how did you level this character 8===D

With my wang doodle.
I'll release a leveling guide after i'm done with gear explanation stuff :P
Last edited by Worst_luck on Jan 21, 2017, 2:17:09 PM
here a shaper run:

https://youtu.be/OImINzmHK_g

Barrage tootip fully buff Flask/PC/BR/frenzy/vaal haste

GEAR used in the video (still missing the helm enchant on COE, got it waiting on league):

A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Jan 23, 2017, 12:23:13 AM
Nice tooltip, we have very similar builds apart from me being raider, little different auras/tree and most importantly budget :P

Your build is basically god tier for anyone who has a massive budget. Not sure if that many people have that amount of currency :P mine's lot more focused on clear-speed (raider.png) so it's around 15 ex budget or so.

Thanks for sharing your version of the build tho :) I trust you can provide good suggestions and help a lot of people out should they have any questions :D

Last edited by Worst_luck on Jan 23, 2017, 12:53:29 AM
EDITED Kappa
A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Jan 23, 2017, 1:06:08 AM
Hi, cool build dude, but I'm wondering why did you take pain attunment in your tree since it doesn't work with CoE anymore ? You could save 2 points in your tree if you remove pain attunement and arcane vision.
Can you post a full T16 map run from start to finish (including boss) with no loot pick up?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Smarties wrote:
Hi, cool build dude, but I'm wondering why did you take pain attunment in your tree since it doesn't work with CoE anymore ? You could save 2 points in your tree if you remove pain attunement and arcane vision.

You re right on pain attunement, but when you play LL you always need arcane vision otherwise you see a shit in indoor maps.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info