Warlords mark or life leech.

Hello.

I was looking for this information for quite a while, but unfortunately was unable to come to a resolution.

My question is, which one of these offer a better life leech. The warlords mark gives "Cursed enemies grant 2% Life Leech when Hit". The way I understand, each time I hit an enemy, 2% of my life is regenerated. So no matter how huge my life is, 2% will be regenerated after each hit.

Life leech on the other hand regenerates 2% of damage done. So if my damage is around 12K currently, does not not make life leech a better option?
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2017, 12:38:48 PM
Life leech is life leech. Warlord's Mark gives the same kind of life leech as the life leech gem.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Leech is always based on damage done. Life Leech gem and Warlord's Mark both give 2%. Warlord's also gives mana. Warlord's requires that enemies to cursed, the LL gem just requires that a linked skill do damage.
U MAD?
So basically, these gems are equal in terms of amount of health and mana given? I did not know what to make out of the "Gives 2% life leech".
You could make out the most straightforward effect: "you have 2% Life Leech against these enemies". As mentioned, this coincidentally is what happens in practice as well.
Descriptions are very literal. It says Leech -> it grants Leech. It says Regeneration -> it grants Regeneration (ex. Essence Drain).

----
They are exactly equal, assuming the enemy does not have Curse Effect mitigation. Act/Map bosses and Izaro enjoy 60% Less Curse Effect, making Warlord's Mark relatively weak against these enemies. Other enemies can have a smidge of Less Curse Effect from a Map modifier, but otherwise have no modifiers.
ya curse effectiveness is in play. A tradeoff though with leech needing a gem slot, which is otherwise replaced by a dps gem, meaning with warlords you do more damage and hence get more leech % for %, and kill stuff quicker which means you take less damage overall.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info