Any of you find the meaning of life yet?

Unconditional love for nonexistent entities is a different kind of mental illness; in such a case, the emotion isn't a problem, but belief in the target can be. Admittedly, much, much less harmful of an illness; effects are general mild in comparison.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Gym, Tan, Laundry
anything is everything
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Unconditional love is a mental illness.

A greater degree of empathy tends to produce the outward appearance of unconditional love. However, empathy is not always a utility-maximizing trait; sometimes it enables friendships that allow the sum to be more powerful than the parts, other times it is abused or otherwise lopsided in such a way that one experiences net personal harm.

Critical thought, like with so many other things in this universe, likely tempers empathy in order to ward it against inaccurate judgment of others, whether by mistake, internal shortcoming, or intentional deception.

Shame there isn't a button to press that instantly increases the degree of critical thought for all sentient beings!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Shame there isn't a button to press that instantly increases the degree of critical thought for all sentient beings!
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Unconditional love is a mental illness. Proof: Ask your beloved what they'd think of you if you beat the shit out of them and told them they were disgusting. If they say they would still love you, then they're the enabling half of the sort of abusive relationship that has created a living hell for unfortunate children since time immemorial.

I don't really laugh at that or mock that; I don't think it's funny. But I reject it with every fiber of my being, and I understand those, having lived through its consequences, who heap scorn upon it.

You're not qualified to make that call... Just because you articulate a few words and throw some vocabulary at people doesn't make you an expert on the subject. Are you a psychologist?

My guess from reading your previous posts you suffer from ptsd.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
You're not qualified to make that call... Just because you articulate a few words and throw some vocabulary at people doesn't make you an expert on the subject. Are you a psychologist?

My guess from reading your previous posts you suffer from ptsd.
Quoted for irony.
I have no clue
Last edited by ultimatestat on Feb 12, 2017, 1:15:40 AM
the meaning of life is to live. the answer is in the question. however, life takes many forms. consciousness is what's important for us humans and if we extrapolate further into greater levels of complexity, the aspect we lack understanding of is what lies beyond our universe. It seems to me that us furthering our understanding and continuing our evolution we can coalesce the majority of the energy in our universe to then transcend out of our universe to whatever lies beyond. This is what i view as our greater purpose for not just our conscious species but all species. This drive is akin to a body of cells forming in an egg and eventually breaking out of the egg into a new space; the universe is an egg that we're incubating inside to then break out of.
The older I get the more I realize that life isn't meant to be figured out, it is meant to be lived.
At the end all you will have are your memories, stuff and things are immaterial.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
At the end ... you will have ... your memories
I doubt that.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 12, 2017, 7:33:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info