Any of you find the meaning of life yet?

Think of life as a game with death forever and slowly walking towards you. Every time you sleep, pause on life... Take a moment to yourself death gets closer. Regardless how far you run or where you go it's relentless pursuit continues... And yet you know deep behind your mind death still walks slowly. From a slow crawl when you're born to a sprinting athlete as you age.

So just remember that... Death is coming so try if you can.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
the meaning of life is constantly looking for meaning of life. otherwise, everyone would be an existentially indifferent like camus' stranger.

we can call it a carrot that keeps us going. imo.
I heard once answer is existence.

But most accurate is imho Diogenes.

"Diogenes and Alexander

Alexander the Great visits Diogenes at Corinth by W. Matthews (1914)

It was in Corinth that a meeting between Alexander the Great and Diogenes is supposed to have taken place. These stories may be apocryphal. The accounts of Plutarch and Diogenes Laërtius recount that they exchanged only a few words: while Diogenes was relaxing in the morning sunlight, Alexander, thrilled to meet the famous philosopher, asked if there was any favour he might do for him. Diogenes replied, "Yes, stand out of my sunlight". Alexander then declared, "If I were not Alexander, then I should wish to be Diogenes." In another account of the conversation, Alexander found the philosopher looking attentively at a pile of human bones. Diogenes explained, "I am searching for the bones of your father but cannot distinguish them from those of a slave."
masturbation brings happiness
"
SkyCore wrote:
As iv stated several times here: "the sum maximization of the future freedom of action for all entities capable of mutual cooperation". Its an ethical formalism and a goal.
Why the "capable of mutual cooperation" clause? Your formulation already is a "sum," so the "mutual cooperation" part seems unnecessary as well as arbitrary.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
As iv stated several times here: "the sum maximization of the future freedom of action for all entities capable of mutual cooperation". Its an ethical formalism and a goal.
Why the "capable of mutual cooperation" clause? Your formulation already is a "sum," so the "mutual cooperation" part seems unnecessary as well as arbitrary.

I thought it needed to be more explicitly stated that intelligent aliens/ animals/ AI should be included into our moral circle. But not those that are hostile or too dumb cooperate.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm fairly sure I have it on VHS in a closet somewhere.

So you found the meaning of life, but did you find the fish?
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
I thought it needed to be more explicitly stated that intelligent aliens/ animals/ AI should be included into our moral circle. But not those that are hostile or too dumb cooperate.
Well, I disagree. I think the correct answer is: "the sum maximization of sustained freedom of action for all." Including those who are hostile or otherwise disagreeable.

1. There is no need to limit to the agreeable in order to pass sensible policies, because we're looking at sum. For example, some people would like to be murderers, so a law against murder would limit their freedom. However, the sum of freedom would be enhanced by such a policy. I'd argue that, since the force of government is inherently reduction of freedom, every good law has the characteristic of limiting the freedom of certain behaviors such that the resulting increase in freedom in other behaviors leads to a net increase in freedom for the aggregate. In other words, government is a weapon, and thus best wielded against the enemies of freedom.

2. Disagreement must be anticipated and, when possible, channeled. There is no need for a single system when multiple systems can cater to multiple tastes; there is no need for centralized planning when systems function well when decentralized or even unplanned.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 21, 2017, 7:29:21 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
masturbation brings happiness

This rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe you need help, a good friend always come handy

as far as "meaning" isn't further specified:

"
Upandatem wrote:
Math.