The Brass Dome & critting

This item reminds me that enemies can crit me. And then I start to wonder... How much ARE they critting me? How effective would crit immunity actually be?
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 11:08:08 AM
From what we know, enemies largely are looking at the base 5% Chance to Crit, at 130% Mult. Outside of Crit maps, it's really quite uncommon.
I actually figured as much. So Brass Dome doesn't seem too appealing, with that being said.

That also makes the crit portion of Enfeeble seem useless, but Enfeeble's still great so whatever.
A real-world way to see how often you get crit is to run around with a Cloak of Flame equipped and keep track of how often you're on fire. Any physical crit will ignite you (for a generally insignificant amount) while it's equipped.

Brass Dome is one of the better forms of spike damage prevention TBH. There are lots of ways to prevent you from going from full to zero in two seconds (regen, leech, instant flasks), but there's a very short list of defenses that will allow you to survive going from max to zero in 0.2 seconds, and removing the threat of crits removes a large number of those threats.

Maybe it's not so great if you don't mind getting randomly one-shot by an Uber Izaro crit occasionally here and there, but for certain if you're in HC facetanking when you have a 5% chance to die is still a bad idea.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info