Questions about HP on my marauder

So I making a marauder tank but when I must choose in Deal with bandits quest I choose +10 to all res instead of life because I think this 40 more HP with 200% more HP total bonus give me only 120 in final result at max level..But I read somewhere its scaling enormous..Uncle google not help understanding how it exacly work..For now I now every level my HP growns about estimated 40hp and all my added +% bonuses are grown not from my total HP points but from some base HP value..

1.What stats change the base HP value (all armor +life stat/armor +% of life?) I mean what stats and where let me get more hp boost per level...Are +xx life or % of life stat from whole gear incresing this base life value? - what let me get more boost per level...

2.About my choice with resistances instead of HP in Deal with bandits quest...I know I can change my choice with a book from vendor recipe about 20 orbs of regret.But dont know this have sense in future..Can samone tell me how much estimated more HP points I have if I choose 40 HP one from this quest after reching max level???...To now I think this 40 points and +200% total life bonus give me at last level only 120 points of hp what is not worth it if I planned to get 14k HP and I choose res...How no idea how much this hp bonus from quest deal with bandits can influence hp grown per level - please explain?

3.Is the bonus to HP bigger per level in last levels (70-100) than in low levels under 50?

MOST IMPORTANT PLEASE ANSWER ABOUT QUESTION 2 - How much estimated more Hp at lvl 100 give me +40 life bonus from deal with bandits quest(with total example of +200%life on skill tree)??

I should to change my choice from +10 to all res to HP or its not worth it if I want make a solid tank marauder?
I start new character because I fail with first and now I also make a mistake - I dont want start over and over again from beginning...Or choosing res instead of hp doesn matter - I have little lower life but higher dmg reduction from elementals - what in consequence is one same thing?
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
Last edited by PromaG on Jan 20, 2017, 8:11:42 AM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2017, 2:07:02 PM
I'm not a pro, but I'm playing only sweep marauder with 220%-240% increased life at level 85-90.

1. Main thing to max your HP is maxing resists, but you should do it with your items not your passive tree. Only exception is resists + life nodes. It is not hard to get decent items with resists and life for few chaos. Of course if you are playing only self found, then it is much harder to cap resists.
You can also increase your HP against physical attacks with armor, but in maps it is not reliable against big hits. To mitigate physical damage you should use endurance charges, basalt flask and fortify.

2. Always HP.

3. In all levels it is the same.

If you want, you can check my characters in my profile
IGN
Standard: Gunaars
All your questions are answered here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life

1)
1. every char in the game gets +12 life per level (about 36 with +200% from tree).
2. Life on gear adds to the life pool.
3. Strength (gear/tree) adds base life at half of its value (10 life per 20 str).

2)
Most people prefer the life, because resists can be done with good gear pretty easy, but 120 more life is 120 more life.
But this choice will neither make nor break your build.
I wouldnt spend the 20 regrets on changing. And I wouldn't reroll the char because of this.

3) No, it's always +12, but you'll have bigger percentages from the tree.

MOST IMPORTANT ;)
40 + 200% * 40 = 120

But if you want to be a real tank, you'll probably want more than 200% life from the tree.
Then it's worth whatever % you get.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
All your questions are answered here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Life

2)
Most people prefer the life, because resists can be done with good gear pretty easy, but 120 more life is 120 more life.
But this choice will neither make nor break your build.
I wouldnt spend the 20 regrets on changing. And I wouldn't reroll the char because of this.

MOST IMPORTANT ;)
40 + 200% * 40 = 120

Great ,this is something I want to hear - its 120 more life only :)
Also resistances make same job( but on merciless its only 4% from those 10%)..
I dont wanted start again from beginning - thanks!! -and I was afraid in summary its a more than 120HP but for my luck I was wrong...120 more or less HP makes no difference if my final target is 14-15K of HP(of course after getting specific high level gear and max leveling)...
Brand X Music,Revolt Production Music,Really Slow Motion,Colossal Trailer Music,Immediate Music,Volta Music,Position Music,posthaste Music,C21FX,Twin Scoring Studio,EpicMusicVN,Imagine Music,Epic Score,Cavendish Music,Gargantuan Music,Atom Music Audio,Audiomachine
No Pain No Gain!!!
"
PromaG wrote:

Also resistances make same job( but on merciless its only 4% from those 10%)..

That's not how this works. ;)

You loose a flat amount of resists per difficulty, not a percentage of your resists.

If you wear two items with 40% lightning resist, you have

40+40=80 -> 75% in Normal ("overcapped")
40+40-20= 60% in Cruel
40+40-20-40 = 20% in Merciless

So your 10% elemental resists from the bandit basically reduce the requirement of 135% to all resists to 125%.

(Have no clue btw how you want to get 14k life)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 20, 2017, 11:20:48 AM
You ate going to need 300%+ life from tree to get to 14-15k life
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info